Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Teddy Lupin

Vault713
    Based on what we know about Remus's personality and how he feels about his condition I think he would have read every book on werewolves he could get his hands on. Which means werewolves mating must be extremely rare. Or Remus forgot. I mean he was pretty disgruntled when that conversation occurred.

As for Teddy if Jo says he isn't a werewolf he isn't a werewolf. However I think it is quite possible he could have side effects (like Bill). i.e. strong sense of smell, liking for rare meat, tendency to get aggressive when angry, ect.

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    I am completely stumped as to what to give Teddy as a career. I have always been influenced by Pallas' characterisation of Teddy and the job he does in her(?) fic seems to fit him perfectly (Department of Mysteries responsible for travelling back in time and documenting the historical events, including the war, to put it very basically for anyone unfamiliar) , but obviously, I need to think of something different. In my own Teddy world, he is drawn to History of Magic as his favourite subject but that does not mean that he isn't good at other things. I wouldn't have him teaching straight out of Hogwarts and I don't know if I see him ending up there ever, though I definitely see him as more of an academic, officey type than a going out and actually doing things type. I can imagine the idea of an Auror appealing to him because of Tonks and Harry but again, I don't see him actually doing it as a career. I wonder if he might persue Magical Law - it would suit his academic side and History is often linked to law in the Muggle world.

Any thoughts/opinions?

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    I've seen him as wanting to be an Auror or a teacher, but perhaps realising that he can't be what his parents were so having to find his own direction.

Maybe he becomes a Healer, trying to find a cure for Lycanthropy. I do think he'd be fairly passionate about werewolf rights etc because he would have known how much his father suffered.

~Carole~
    Last edited by Equinox Chick; 07-30-2011 at 04:50 AM.
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Also keep in mind, because he is a Metamorphmagus, he might have had a particular talent for Transfiguration. It might have even made becoming an Animagus a great deal easier.

I almost seeing him as remaining something of a professional scholar for much of his life, devoting his life to learning everything he can about his particular field of study (being that Transfiguration, History, or Healing). This might eventually lead him to a teaching career (which how I believe most people arrive at Hogwarts, since their is no Wizards' Teachers College).

But on another note, as Teddy been around long enough in oder to make him being an Animagus a cliche? What animal do you see him turning into (besides the obvious wolf, could there be any other possibilities?)

Not that I want to put an end to the discussion of potential careers for him. I find myself unable to settle on anything, either. And now this whole topic has be think about what all the other next generation character will do when they grow up!

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly
    (which how I believe most people arrive at Hogwarts, since their is no Wizards' Teachers College).
    There could be a Wizards Teaching College. There is WADA (Wizarding Academy for Dramatic Arts) - we learn that in Beedle the Bard. However, as there aren't an enormous amount of magic children to teach, and not too many schools, perhaps you wouldn't need a whole college. It could be a department in the Ministry, or they learn on the job by shadowing another teacher.

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Midnight Storm
    This is probably a really, really stupid question, but what is Teddy's full name? Is it Ted? I have always known 'Teddy' and 'Ted' to be short for Theodore. Or, occasionally, Edward. Is his name just 'Ted' by itself, or is it short for something?

~Midnight Storm

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    There are two canon quotes regarding Teddy's name:

"We've named him Ted, after Dora's father!"

~DH UKed p.415
    "To Teddy Remus Lupin,"

~DH UKed p.416
    I have always taken this to mean that he is just Ted, since I feel like Lupin would have said when announcing the birth (particularly when making the toast) if he had a longer name. However, this is is just assumption on my part and there are fanfic authors who have called him Theodore. With no solid canon evidence, then really, it's up to you what you think he would have been called.

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    Arguing With The Sorting Hat
    Quote Originally Posted by slytherins_queen2 View Post
    Which house do you think Teddy would be in?

I'm not sure why, but I've always pictured him as a Ravenclaw.

Do you think Teddy would be a shy boy, or confident and out going?[/QUOTE]

I've always thought he would be like a mix between Hermione and Cho, because In my characerization of him, he's very intellagent but doesn't talk a lot until he's really comfortable with who he's talking to, then he really speaks his mind and isn't afraid to really be himself.

What subjects/sports would Teddy excel at? Any?[/QUOTE]

Honestly I've never really pictured him as being very athletic, but more like Hermione when it come to Quidditch. I've always thought that he would be good at DADA and History of Magic, as well as Muggle Studies and perhaps Herbology (sp?)

And lastly if Teddy ever did find the Mirror of Erised(sp?), What do you think he'd see in it?[/QUOTE]

I'm probably very cliche with this, but I would say the same as Harry.
    Last edited by iwannabeanauror; 07-28-2011 at 07:50 PM. Reason: quoting issues

Ascendio
    If Teddy was an Animagus, I'd personally love it if he turned into a bear.

Get it...Teddy...like the stuffed animal toy...

*walks away* *comes back*

I agree with iwannabeanauror for Teddy being in Ravenclaw as well as not being too athletically inclined.

I don't really see a reason towards him being particularly shy though, in DH he seems to be quite unabashed when James catches him snogging Victoire.

Regarding his career, I agree with a Healer. With full knowledge of his father's condition, it seems likely he would want to gather everything he knew on the subject, and then with full knowledge of lycanthropy wanting to do everything he could to help people who suffered from it.

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    Arguing With The Sorting Hat
    [QUOTE=Ascendio;433163]If Teddy was an Animagus, I'd personally love it if he turned into a bear.

Get it...Teddy...like the stuffed animal toy...[QUOTE]

Ha, ha, ha! I agree!

Regarding his career, I agree with a Healer. With full knowledge of his father's condition, it seems likely he would want to gather everything he knew on the subject, and then with full knowledge of lycanthropy wanting to do everything he could to help people who suffered from it.
    Do you think it's possible that it was cured by then?