Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Teddy Lupin

apollo13
    Gee, *cough* I might have had a few thoughts on this matter *coughs again and points at banner*.
    I could say the same.

A lot of authors have Teddy as becoming an Auror, and although DH has only been out for a year, I'm already finding it cliche. It is definately plausiable, and very likely, but I like to think of him as doing something a little more original. In a fic I've written but not yet posted here, he is in the process of buying a Care of Magical creatures store. I dunno why, but I imagine him getting along really well with animals.

There is no doubt that he'd be smart. With his parent's genes, and I imagine Hermione would be a strong influence too, I think he'd excel in a lot of subjects, so you might want him to have a job which is a little more challenging than a CoMC shop.

~Evie

weasleywannabe47

Teddy!!

Which house do you think Teddy would be in?
    Gryffindor.He's the son of parents who gave their lives for what they believed in.That's what I call brave!

Do you think Teddy would be a shy boy, or confident and out going?
    Shy but confident.Unusual,but considering his parents,it's really not so odd.

What subjects/sports would Teddy excel at? Any?
    Quidditch.I say he'd be awesome at it.
    School....I bet he's as smart as Remus,so he's good at it all!

And lastly if Teddy ever did find the Mirror of Erised(sp?), What do you think he'd see in it?
    His parents.Like Harry,he longs to see them.You spelled Erised correctly,I do believe!

HopeiHelped!

harryginny4eva61
    I think he'd be a definite Gryff, even if his mother was a 'Puff. His father was a Gryff, his godfather was a Gryff, and his godfather's family were Gryffs. It makes sense!

I think he'd be very confident, and I think Harry would try to encoruage it so much maybe Ted could be... over-confident.

I think he'd definitely excel in DADA because of his parents and his godfather. also, he would probably be good at Quidditch, thansk to Harry and Ginny.

And lastly if Teddy ever did find the Mirror of Erised, what do you think he'd see in it?
    His family.

Now I've got a question. Do you think Ted would be accepting of a girl whose father was Lord Voldemort, once he got over the initial anger, or would he be angry for a while before getting over it? I'm inclined to think he would be acceoting becasue of Andromedea, and I assume he would ahve heard of Sirius, but it would be nice to have some feedback.

Fifth Year Hufflepuff
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    Do you think when Teddy first arrived at Hogwarts, given this information, do think he would have bonded better with the female students at first. Later, he probably have more guy friend, but early on, do think he would find it easier to make friends with the girls in his class?

Yes, he might have become close friends with girls first. When you grow up with one kind of person all your life, it only seems natural you'll feel more comfortable with people like them. So yeah, I think Teddy would be more comfortable with girls first. But naturally, he would make guy friends afterwards. Probably when he became a bit older and he might think that he needed a guy to share his feelngs with, a person who faced the same problems as him...

What do you see as a possible future career for Teddy?

Most people seem to think that he'd be an Auror. That seems quite likely, considering his Godfather and mother was one, and he'd also like to fight against the dark side, since the dark side was the cause of his parents' death. For that, an Auror would be the perfect career. I think he was really brae, and he would like to revenge the death of his family and of so many other peolpe, so yeah, an Auror seems the best possibility

Again, since he was a metamrphmagus, he would be able to disguise himself pretty well. An Auror would be the best occupation for him, since he'd be very good at tailing people... He'd definitely pass in the Stealth and Tracking test like Tonks.

Ther are two most likely posibilities: Gryffindor and Hufflepuff. Gryffindor,because his Dad was one, and so were all the Weasleys and Potters, the people he grew up with. He was definitely brave, after all, he was courageous enogh to kiss a girl in public while her family was nearby , and he might have been really reckless, cosidering who his Godfather was... He had grown up with he Weasleys, and so their attitude and everthing must have rubbed off on him...

He might also be in Hufflepuff. He was really loyal, and for some reason he strikes to me as a really hard working person. His mother was one too, I think. I think he was quite logical, and also quite modest, but thats just me... I dont know. But yeah, he would either be a Gryffindor or Hufflepuff.

He has grown up with the Weasleys, right? defnitely he would be confident and outgoing. His 'cousins' wouldnt have let him have a moment of peace. Considering hat he did in the Epilogue of DH, he must have been Confident.

Some people think that he's shy, but I dont think so. Even though his parents died, he was brought up by all the people who loved him, not like Hary, who's Aunt and Uncle hated him. So he must have had his way a lot, and he might be quite spoiled too! So he'd not be shy, but definitely outgoing.

I think he'll be good at Quidditch, because everyone in his family was. Everyone liked Quidditch, so he was brough up in a Quidditch-loving environment. There was no way he didnt like Quidditch. I have a hunch he'd be in his house team.

And about Subjects, he'd probably be good at DADA and Transfiguration.

And lastly if Teddy ever did find the Mirror of Erised, what do you think he'd see in it?

His family, definitely.

Hope that helped!

--Nadia

{iBAbanner!} ~♥~ {iDrabble!} ~♥~ {iExcerpt!} ~♥~ {iPuff!}

Awesomical banner by TM_WandStick/Toni!
    Chapter 12 up!

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Do you think when Teddy first arrived at Hogwarts, given this information, do think he would have bonded better with the female students at first. Later, he probably have more guy friend, but early on, do think he would find it easier to make friends with the girls in his class?
    I don't think we can form a decision about this either way, to be honest. He has a strong, female role model in Andromeda, but then Neville was brought up by his Grandmother, and he wasn't exactly confident with girls. I'm more inclined to think he'd seek out boys rather than girls because of Harry. He'd have heard tales from Harry about his father and the Marauders and I think he'd want to recreate that.

What do you see as a possible future career for Teddy?

Auror is the obvious one, but then we don't know about many careers in the Wizarding world. He could equally be a Healer (especially looking at lycanthropy). His parents were intelligent. Remember Tonks had to have a good Potions grade at OWL otherwise she would not have been able to do the NEWT under Snape (remember he's her teacher) and she needed NEWTS to be an Auror. Remus is supposed to have a good brain as well (mind you we only glean that from the fact that he's reading a book in SWM).

I think he'd be a Gryffindor - much as I love Hufflepuff and Tonks, I think the urge to be like his dad and his godfather would always mean he'd want to be a Gryff - if the hat gives him the choice that is.

Do you think Teddy would be a shy boy, or confident and out going? Confident. I can't see a shy Metamorphmagus at all . Perhaps not quite as outgoing as his mum, possibly he's inherited some reserve from his dad and his grandmother.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic Ginny
    I think he'll be good at Quidditch, because everyone in his family was. Everyone liked Quidditch, so he was brough up in a Quidditch-loving environment. There was no way he didnt like Quidditch. I have a hunch he'd be in his house team.
    Sorry, I need to take issue with you. We don't know anything about Teddy's family playing Quidditch. We know Tonks liked Quidditch and admired Harry's broom. We know she was a good flier (as was Remus) but we don't know if they played Quidditch. I certainly think that if Remus had been on the Gryffindor team, then it would have been mentioned. Mind you in my fic, I do have Tonks as a Chaser, but that's supposition and we have no canon evidence.
    I do think that as he's grown up surrounded by Quidditch mad people he'd be very interested in the sport but he might not be good enough for the team (could be interesting if he isn't)
    Subjects - well his parents were intelligent. I see him as being good at Potions and Transfiguration.

And lastly if Teddy ever did find the Mirror of Erised, what do you think he'd see in it? Well possibly his family but remember, that was Harry's deepest desire because he had no loving family at all. teddy probably copes very well without his Mum and Dad. he has a lot of people around him who love him. Perhaps he'd see himself just with them, or maybe being seen as his own person and not the son of Remus and Tonks. He must live under a great weight of expectations.

Do you think Ted would be accepting of a girl whose father was Lord Voldemort, once he got over the initial anger, or would he be angry for a while before getting over it? I'm inclined to think he would be acceoting becasue of Andromedea, and I assume he would ahve heard of Sirius, but it would be nice to have some feedback.

He would have heard of the Marauders - all of them. Sirius, he would have heard about from Harry and Andromeda. Infact I think it's likely that Harry gave him the Marauders map at one point (except that JK says James took it *sigh*). In all honesty, I can't see him accepting Voldemort's daughter very quickly. I think the fact that his parents are dead, that Harry nearly dies defeating Voldemort and that all the Weasleys fought Voldemort is going to leave a prejudice in his mind - especially if he finds out by accident and not because she told him. Andromeda could help him become accepting, but Andromeda wasn't the best role model in this department. She was very anti-Remus to start with, wasn't she?

Carole
    xxx
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

gryffindor_chica13
    Hello;

I can see Teddy as either a Gryffindor or Ravenclaw. Gryffindor is likely because, as many have said before, snogging Victoire in front of everyone was brave and outgoing. Also, I think that with the influence of the Weasleys and Potters he will be a very confident (and slightly mischevous) person. As for Ravenclaw, I can see him being very intelligent and driven.

In my mind, I picture him as confident, but not extremely so. I don't think that he would usually be an attention-seeker, but he'd rise to the occasion.

In school, I think Teddy would be excellent at DADA and Transfiguration. Perhaps Arithmancy as well; I'm not sure why.

Quidditch would definitely be one of his stronger points. Can't you just see the younger generation (Teddy, the Potters and Weasleys, etc) taking on the old pros (Harry, Ron, Ginny, others)? I think that he'd be raised to love the sport.

I'll echo several others when I say that in the Mirror of Erised, Teddy would most likely see his whole family together.

I hope that helped some!

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    First Brush With A Dementor

Quote Originally Posted by kehribar
    If you do picture Remus having sharp sense of smelling and hearing and even agility because of his condition, I'd still have to say no, I don't think any of these traits would pass onto Teddy. Such traits, if you imagine them to be there in Remus, would only be connected with him being a werewolf. For that reason I think since Teddy himself, thankfully, is not a werewolf, he wouldn't have those traits.
    I know this was posted a looong time ago, but I've been wondering about Teddy Lupin for some time now...
    We know that Bill may have some sort of wolfish features after the attack, even though he isn't a werewolf. Unfortunately we never find out if he does, because I think these would be the features Teddy would get, too. Being attacked by a werewolf, though he isn't transformed in my opinion would have the same results as being the son of a werewolf (now assuming that the werewolf wasn't transformed during the conception - this sounds disgusting... anyway, I think in that case there'd be some serious problems, some visible wolfish features etc in the child).
    Both would probably gain the qualities and features the werewolf has of his werewolf-ness while not transformed. I do think they have better reflexes maybe, perception, ...
    I can definitely imagine this. Anyway, if it isn't genetic, then at least Lupin would have developed some sort of instinctive behaviour after transforming once a month for most of his live.

Now, I think Teddy has inherited some features of his father. After all, Remus was so worried about Tonks being pregnant...
    This completely gorgeous banner, which makes me happier than a squirrel, was made by Hokey

apollo13
    The only mention of wolfish characteristics in Bill was a liking for raw meat. But that was it.

Maybe Teddy would have a liking for raw meat, but I do not think it would be anything more developed than that. I think the reason Remus was so concerned was because it had not been heard of for a werewolf to have a child before, and so he was not entirely sure whether the disease had affected his DNA. As it transpired, Teddy was not a werewolf, so we can more or less assume it did not affect his DNA.

I tend to think of people who have been bitten by a werewolf to have a type of venom in them, which remains int heir bloodstream, but does not actually affect their genetic make-up. Even if Remus had eventually developed some form of instinctive behaivour because of his transformations, these would not have passed on to Teddy, because they would be a result of environment rather than nature. If Remus had been born a werewolf, maybe so, but otherwise, no, I don't think so.

~Evie

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    First Brush With A Dementor

Quote Originally Posted by apollo13
    The only mention of wolfish characteristics in Bill was a liking for raw meat. But that was it.
    ..which is one of the chief characteristics of Fenrir Greyback. I really think that it has to do with who is the "father" either way...

Quote Originally Posted by apollo13
    Even if Remus had eventually developed some form of instinctive behaivour because of his transformations, these would not have passed on to Teddy, because they would be a result of environment rather than nature. If Remus had been born a werewolf, maybe so, but otherwise, no, I don't think so.
    Yeah, that's what I meant by " if it isn't genetic, then at least Lupin..." - that it wouldn't pass on, but that Lupin would have those traits (because someone else said they doubted whether Remus had wolfish traits while not transformed)
    This completely gorgeous banner, which makes me happier than a squirrel, was made by Hokey

apollo13
    ..which is one of the chief characteristics of Fenrir Greyback. I really think that it has to do with who is the "father" either way...
    Well, yes, but Fenrir Greyback was not born a werewolf either. Parentage does not seem to have anything to do with it.

~Evie