Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Teddy Lupin

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    There is currently a mini debate taking place on one of the Reference Threads (check it out here). A lot of people are beginning to argue that because of Teddy's Metamorphmagus and the fact that he would take to becoming an Animegus (and other forms of Transfiguration) very easily.

Any opinions or comments on this thread?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

MarieEvans760
    Which house do you think Teddy would be in?
    I think he would be in Gyrffindor simpley because he was raised around the Potters and Weasleys. They note at the end of DH, that he was there like four days a week, so I think being around so many Gryffindors would definatly make him have many traits that were prided in that house.

Do you think Teddy would be a shy boy, or confident and out going?

Well being he was snogging in front of everyone I think he'd be VERY brave

What subjects/sports would Teddy excel at? Any?
    I believe he'd be a great Quidditch player, for some reason I could see him as a Keeper, don't ask me why. But I also think he would be very smart, his father was a teacher and his mother an Auror, so he's got brains in his blood.

And lastly if Teddy ever did find the Mirror of Erised(sp?), What do you think he'd see in it? I think just like Harry he would see his parents. He never knew them so I'm sure no matter what other things may happen in his life, he'd love to see himself standing next to them.

magyk001
    sorry this is kinda late but, im very interested in the character of teddy lupin.

Which house do you think Teddy would be in?
    I agree that Teddy would be in Gryffindor. Snogging in fornt of every one was a very brave action. I could really see him valueing bravery because of his mother and father's sacrifice.

[B][Do you think Teddy would be a shy boy, or confident and out going?[B]
    i think that Teddy would be very confident.

What subjects/sports would Teddy excel at? Any?
    I think that Teddy would excel at DADA. I could also see him excelling in Transfiguration ( he can already change his hair color, and he might want to learn how to change more things). Other than those two i think he would be average.

[A great quidditch player?
    I think he could be one. If he hangs around with Potters and Weasleys then he will probably develop a passion for quidditch. I think that if he had the right teacher, he could be a wonderful quidditch player.

And lastly if Teddy ever did find the Mirror of Erised(sp?), What do you think he'd see in it?
    His family and Friends all smiling and surrounding him. I think that Teddy would have loved to know his parents and i think ( like Harry), he will always be wishing they were alive.

I have a question of my own that i have been thinking about:

What would Teddy's patronus be?

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    What would Teddy's patronus be?
    JK has said in interviews that she has paraelled Teddy's story to Harry's (both had parents killed in a war by Voldemort and both are orphans, only Teddy was loved and cared for while Harry was not). If we are going to continue to follow paraelles, I would say that Teddy's Patronus would be a wolf, representive of both his father (a werewolf) and his mother (whose Patronus was also a wolf). And I would say if Teddy ever became an Animegus, he would be a wolf there as well.

Now I have some questions about Teddy as well. Do you think having a werewolf father had any effects on him the way having a Metamorphmagus mother did? Maybe he has a super strong sense of smell or hearing. Or maybe having these two traits combind would have made it much easier for him to become an Animegus.

Brand New Story!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors

Do you think having a werewolf father had any effects on him the way having a Metamorphmagus mother did? Maybe he has a super strong sense of smell or hearing. Or maybe having these two traits combind would have made it much easier for him to become an Animegus.
    I think this has got a lot to do with Remus as much as Teddy himself. The traits that Remus has (or those you imagine that he has) because of his condition needs to be decided before you move on to considerding which of these traits, if any, would be passed on to Teddy. I personally prefer an image of Remus as a perfectly normal person who happens to turn into a terrible monster once a month, but aside from the nights of the full moon, I don't think anything "werewolf" sneaked into his normal self. Accordingly I'd think that the knowladge of having a werewolf father would affect Teddy only psychologically.

If you do picture Remus having sharp sense of smelling and hearing and even agility because of his condition, I'd still have to say no, I don't think any of these traits would pass onto Teddy. Such traits, if you imagine them to be there in Remus, would only be connected with him being a werewolf. For that reason I think since Teddy himself, thankfully, is not a werewolf, he wouldn't have those traits.

This can go very deep. If you think that such traits are carried through the genes associated with the werewolf part of Remus, Teddy wouldn't have had them since he's no werewolf. If you think that they are on Remus's genes, regardless of his normal and werewolf parts, then it would make sense that those genes be passed on to Teddy. Making the argument backwards; it makes sense to decide on Remus's werewolf nature first, and only then pondering on its affects on Teddy.

About the Animagus issue, I can't make much reasoning, but it does make sense to me that being a Metamorphmagus would help at least a little with the transformation, but not having werewolvish traits (if you give them to Teddy, that is). Maybe being a werewolf would have some kind of effect, which is a completely different topic of discussion, but even if Teddy were to have strong smell and hearing and even agility, I don't see how that would help with Animagus transformations.
    The Run of the Mill

The phenomenal banner is by MissBean

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    I'm currently working on a fic where Teddy starts his first year at Hogwarts.

In my stories, the first Weasley grandchildren where all girls with Louis (the first boy) not being born still Teddy is five. Given this, growing up, most of Teddy's playmates were girls.

Do you think when Teddy first arrived at Hogwarts, given this information, do think he would have bonded better with the female students at first. Later, he probably have more guy friend, but early on, do think he would find it easier to make friends with the girls in his class? I'm considering making his two best friends girls.

Brand New Story!

Azhure
    I think this is definitely plausible. There is a girl at my school who has three brothers and her parents are divorced, so they all live with her dad, and she hangs out with mostly boys.

The only thing you have to remember is that Teddy would no doubt have a male role-model, too (Harry, for instance). It's also a lot to do with personality and luck of the draw. Hermione did not get along with Harry and Ron at first, but after the boys saved her from the troll, they were suddenly close friends.

So, it is definitely plausible that Teddy would be more comfortable with girls, but just don't take a few friends that are boys out of the equation.

~~Azhure~~

Inverarity
    Quote Originally Posted by OliveOil_Med
    I'm currently working on a fic where Teddy starts his first year at Hogwarts.
    Gee, *cough* I might have had a few thoughts on this matter *coughs again and points at banner*.

In my stories, the first Weasley grandchildren where all girls with Louis (the first boy) not being born still Teddy is five. Given this, growing up, most of Teddy's playmates were girls.

Do you think when Teddy first arrived at Hogwarts, given this information, do think he would have bonded better with the female students at first. Later, he probably have more guy friend, but early on, do think he would find it easier to make friends with the girls in his class? I'm considering making his two best friends girls.
    I think, growing up with Andromeda, Ginny, and Hermione all as strong female role models in his life, he would be pretty comfortable with girls, yes.

Incidentally, besides my own story, I'd highly recommend Fernwithy's Teddy Lupin and the Forest Guard.

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    What do you see as a possible future career for Teddy? We all seem to agree he is a very confident person who is more than likely very good at Transfiguration.

Does anyone have any career suggestions?

Brand New Story!

Inverarity
    Quote Originally Posted by OliveOil_Med
    What do you see as a possible future career for Teddy? We all seem to agree he is a very confident person who is more than likely very good at Transfiguration.

Does anyone have any career suggestions?
    A lot of fanfic has him becoming an Auror, like Harry and his mother. But I wonder if he might not pursue some sort of activist career, advocating for werewolf rights, or perhaps he might become a researcher, looking for a cure for lycanthropy.

He could also hunt Dark creatures, or get a job as a curse-breaker, or otherwise follow in his parents' footsteps. Maybe even become a DADA teacher someday. Of course he might just find a career completely unrelated to his parents.

If he ends up marrying Victoire (which is also a common assumption in fanfic, although all we know from the book is that they shared one kiss), then his father-in-law might help get him a job at Gringotts.