Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teddy Lupin

Hybrid View

slytherins_queen2

Teddy Lupin

Howdy all! I am writing- or that is to say I'm attempting to write a fanfiction, about the lovely blue haired Mr. Teddy Lupin, and I was just wondering a few things...

Which house do you think Teddy would be in?

I know we don't know much about this character, but judging by your impression of him, what house do you think suits him the best? Remember his father was in Gryffindor, as was his god father,his mother was in Hufflepuff (as was the grandfather he was named after) but his grandmother and all her family (excluding Sirius) belonged to Slytherin- Or I think Andromeda was in Slytherin, please correct me if I'm wrong... So he could belong to any house...

Do you think Teddy would be a shy boy, or confident and out going?

This may sound like a silly question, but I'd really like to hear your thoughts on Teddy's personality...

What subjects/sports would Teddy excel at? Any?
    Do you believe his a good student? A great quidditch player?

And lastly if Teddy ever did find the Mirror of Erised(sp?), What do you think he'd see in it?

No the Mirror of Erised(sp?) Will not be appearing in this fanfiction, but I'd still like to like to know what you think he longs for most of all, would it be like Harry, his parents? Would it be his whole family all together (including Harry and the Weasley's of course...) Healthy? Or would it be him hugging with a certain Weasley *coughVictoriecough*

Thank you so much for taking the time to read these slightly pointless questions and thank you if you answer them! Also feel free to add your own questions/thoughts about Teddy *hands cookie*

theworldonlyknows

Talking

Hello *smiles*,

Deathly Hallows spoilers

I have just re-read the last chap of Deathly Hallows to refresh my memory for your Questions and I have a feeling that he would be in Gryffindor. I think that the influence provided for him by his godfather and also his father would sway me to think he would be in Gryffindor. I also think that it is a custom for Weasley's to date/marry within the Gryffindor house (George/Angelina, Harry/Ginny, Arthur/Molly) so I think for Victorie to be 'snogging' Teddy he may of had to be in Gryffindor. Thatís just an idea though.

I think that Teddy would have been a confident person because he was, as little James said, 'snogging' Victorie in front of the entire student body and I don't think that a shy person would have done this. I also think that his godfather may have rubbed off on him slightly, going found for tea four nights a week. I think that he would have been polite like his father and maybe slightly clumsy like his mother, things that go together quite nicely. He may have been a metamorphmagus because that runs in the family. That may be something else to include but you don't have too.

I'm not sure on the subjects he would excel in but he may have been semi-academic because Remus always seemed to have a book out. He may also have an interest in Quidditch because of Harry and Ron's influences and I can imagine Harry overcompensating Teddy because he has no parents, so he may have taken him to a Quidditch match or two.

I think that teddy may have seen his family in the Mirror of Erised. I can imagine that, as Harry did, he would long to know what his parents were like and to see how they would be with him. He may see Victorie standing by his side so that he could have his parents meet her too see if they approve? Not that they wouldn't but would just want to see what they were like.

Well these are some vague ideas for you I hope I have helped.

Thank you for the cookie

~Nik

slytherins_queen2
    Oh Thank you so much for the answers to my questions and your opinions. It's really going to help me write this fanfiction.

cirelondiel
    Well, since we haven't really got any guide to Teddy's personality, we can only make predictions based on nature and nurture. So, let's look at 1) his parents and 2) his upbringing.

His father was a Gryffindor, very loyal to his friends, quite studious and responsible. His mother was a Hufflepuff, friendly and quite a talented witch (given that she was an Auror), although rather clumsy. Her parents were a good-natured Hufflepuff and a member of an old wizarding family, who was presumably in Slytherin but went against her family's wishes and values by marrying a Muggleborn. Based on Teddy's parents, I'd say he's likely to be a caring and friendly person, and a pretty good wizard.

Now, how much nature influences personality is a subject of much debate, but in my opinion, nurture will certainly have an impact on a person's values, whether or not it impacts on personality. So now, on to Teddy's upbringing.

He lost his parents when he was just a couple of months old, so they never really had a chance to instill their values in him. He was instead raised by his (presumably Slytherin, but certainly rebellious) grandmother, and his godfather Harry Potter, who was part of the proudly Gryffindor Weasley family. Despite the fact that Slytherin's image changed after the war, the Weasleys and Harry's strong Gryffindor background, fierce house pride and high value placed on bravery would have to be influential in the formation of Teddy's own values. The warm, friendly, welcoming nature of the family would also surely cause Teddy to grow up into 'a good person', and I'm certain he would feel very loved and would love the family a lot.

So, with that general theorising done, to answer your specific questions:

I think Gryffindor is most likely. Even if some of his relatives are more accepting of other houses now, courage is still the virtue they all appreciate most. Having said that, I can also see him being the clever type, a thinker, and fitting in well to Ravenclaw, or being a hardworking, loyal Hufflepuff. So, in my opinion, any except Slytherin would suit. I just don't think he would fit in so well with the Potter-Weasleys if he was the cunning type, and they wouldn't all really accept Slytherins, even if they have changed.

Perhaps he could be shy, kind of like his dad - a serious sort of person (although I think that Remus's seriousness was very much caused by his lycanthropy - he feared for others safety and couldn't allow himself to be happy). But having grown up with such a vibrant family as the Weasleys, and been completely accepted, he's probably quite confident. The mention of him in the epilogue supports this - I think that when James asked what he was doing he rather calmly replied that he was seeing Victoire off. He didn't get embarassed or anything.

Well, it depends on how you portray his personality, I guess. If he's a Ravenclaw, or even just intelligent, then he might do well in Arithmancy and Ancient Runes. I imagine he'd be good at the practical, wand-waving subjects (Transfiguration, Charms, DADA), since his parents were pretty good at magic. Divination would probably not be his thing - he probably wouldn't take it, given the views Harry and co have on it. As for Quidditch... well, I don't imagine he'd be naturally talented at sports, since his mother was quite clumsy and uncoordinated and his father seemed to prefer books to brooms. But on the other hand, he probably grew up on toy brooms and played Quidditch a lot with his Quidditch-mad family. So he could be good at Quidditch if you want.

And lastly if Teddy ever did find the Mirror of Erised(sp?), What do you think he'd see in it? No the Mirror of Erised(sp?) Will not be appearing in this fanfiction, but I'd still like to like to know what you think he longs for most of all, would it be like Harry, his parents? Would it be his whole family all together (including Harry and the Weasley's of course...) Healthy? Or would it be him hugging with a certain Weasley *coughVictoriecough*
    All of the above! I think he'd have a very happy life growing up with the Potters and the Weasleys, but of course he'd still wish he could've known his parents. Family (and friends) would probably be very important to him. So I think he'd see both his parents and his kind-of-adoptive family, and anyone else he cares about

Hope that helps you! I'm actually planning a fic with Teddy in, so it helped me to sort out some of my thoughts, anyway

--Chelsea

slytherins_queen2
    Thank you so very much for your views/answers. It's really helping me! Good luck with your story about Teddy also, I'd love to read it when (If you haven't already) you post it.

xpadfootsangelx

Teddy

I personally think Hufflepuff. After all the poor boy's been through, like Harry, I say he would be purely loyal. I would. I would be trusting and Hufflepuffly if I was an orphan. harry, the super-exeption, was destined to be Gryffindor. Also, it makes sense with his Mother being Hufflepuff.

Do you think Teddy would be a shy boy, or confident and out going?-
    I say he would have a Hufflepuff's personality, along with some teen angst here and there, like what Harry went through, and adventerous, especially with who his parents were.

What subjects/sports would Teddy excel at? Any?-I think Teddy would be an average student with high marks in DADA.

A great quidditch player?-Maybe not so good with sports. I think he would be a little clumsy; not too good with a broomstick.

And lastly if Teddy ever did find the Mirror of Erised(sp?), What do you think he'd see in it?-I don't think so. I think the mirror was taken out of Hogwarts, personally. I think he'd probably want to see his parents, or have a family of his own since he's never truely been part of one.

And thanks for the cookie!

MarieEvans760
    I think he would be in Gyrffindor simpley because he was raised around the Potters and Weasleys. They note at the end of DH, that he was there like four days a week, so I think being around so many Gryffindors would definatly make him have many traits that were prided in that house.

Well being he was snogging in front of everyone I think he'd be VERY brave

I believe he'd be a great Quidditch player, for some reason I could see him as a Keeper, don't ask me why. But I also think he would be very smart, his father was a teacher and his mother an Auror, so he's got brains in his blood.

And lastly if Teddy ever did find the Mirror of Erised(sp?), What do you think he'd see in it? I think just like Harry he would see his parents. He never knew them so I'm sure no matter what other things may happen in his life, he'd love to see himself standing next to them.

magyk001
    sorry this is kinda late but, im very interested in the character of teddy lupin.

I agree that Teddy would be in Gryffindor. Snogging in fornt of every one was a very brave action. I could really see him valueing bravery because of his mother and father's sacrifice.

[B][Do you think Teddy would be a shy boy, or confident and out going?[B]
    i think that Teddy would be very confident.

I think that Teddy would excel at DADA. I could also see him excelling in Transfiguration ( he can already change his hair color, and he might want to learn how to change more things). Other than those two i think he would be average.

[A great quidditch player?
    I think he could be one. If he hangs around with Potters and Weasleys then he will probably develop a passion for quidditch. I think that if he had the right teacher, he could be a wonderful quidditch player.

And lastly if Teddy ever did find the Mirror of Erised(sp?), What do you think he'd see in it?
    His family and Friends all smiling and surrounding him. I think that Teddy would have loved to know his parents and i think ( like Harry), he will always be wishing they were alive.

I have a question of my own that i have been thinking about:

What would Teddy's patronus be?

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    What would Teddy's patronus be?
    JK has said in interviews that she has paraelled Teddy's story to Harry's (both had parents killed in a war by Voldemort and both are orphans, only Teddy was loved and cared for while Harry was not). If we are going to continue to follow paraelles, I would say that Teddy's Patronus would be a wolf, representive of both his father (a werewolf) and his mother (whose Patronus was also a wolf). And I would say if Teddy ever became an Animegus, he would be a wolf there as well.

Now I have some questions about Teddy as well. Do you think having a werewolf father had any effects on him the way having a Metamorphmagus mother did? Maybe he has a super strong sense of smell or hearing. Or maybe having these two traits combind would have made it much easier for him to become an Animegus.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors

Do you think having a werewolf father had any effects on him the way having a Metamorphmagus mother did? Maybe he has a super strong sense of smell or hearing. Or maybe having these two traits combind would have made it much easier for him to become an Animegus.
    I think this has got a lot to do with Remus as much as Teddy himself. The traits that Remus has (or those you imagine that he has) because of his condition needs to be decided before you move on to considerding which of these traits, if any, would be passed on to Teddy. I personally prefer an image of Remus as a perfectly normal person who happens to turn into a terrible monster once a month, but aside from the nights of the full moon, I don't think anything "werewolf" sneaked into his normal self. Accordingly I'd think that the knowladge of having a werewolf father would affect Teddy only psychologically.

If you do picture Remus having sharp sense of smelling and hearing and even agility because of his condition, I'd still have to say no, I don't think any of these traits would pass onto Teddy. Such traits, if you imagine them to be there in Remus, would only be connected with him being a werewolf. For that reason I think since Teddy himself, thankfully, is not a werewolf, he wouldn't have those traits.

This can go very deep. If you think that such traits are carried through the genes associated with the werewolf part of Remus, Teddy wouldn't have had them since he's no werewolf. If you think that they are on Remus's genes, regardless of his normal and werewolf parts, then it would make sense that those genes be passed on to Teddy. Making the argument backwards; it makes sense to decide on Remus's werewolf nature first, and only then pondering on its affects on Teddy.

About the Animagus issue, I can't make much reasoning, but it does make sense to me that being a Metamorphmagus would help at least a little with the transformation, but not having werewolvish traits (if you give them to Teddy, that is). Maybe being a werewolf would have some kind of effect, which is a completely different topic of discussion, but even if Teddy were to have strong smell and hearing and even agility, I don't see how that would help with Animagus transformations.
    The Run of the Mill

The phenomenal banner is by MissBean