Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Andromeda Tonks (née Black)

MorganRay
    I really think that Andromeda was simply born with a different mindset than those in her family. She wouldn't have rebelled until the last possible moment, choosing to be subtle in her slight disagreements. I don't think she would have known anything, but the values her family put into her head from the start until she started going to Hogwarts.
    I sort of agree with this. I think Andromeda may have some of Bellatrix's edge, but she might be the bookworm of the family, so maybe so also lacks Bellatrix's strength. I agree that she would be fairly secretive, and I think Bellatrix might have kept a close eye on Andromeda while they were at Hogwarts. I can see Bellatrix wanting to interfer in Andromeda's life a lot, so maybe Andromeda closes down and seeks out different friends that her sister doesn't know about.

I always think of the fact that Slytherin wanted ambitious students - with a thirst to prove themselves. With Bellatrix as the already imposing older sister and Narcissa as the baby, Andromeda is very much stuck in the middle and possibly overlooked.
    I think is is fairly correct. I think Andromeda is someone who also very much likes 'her own kind.' Maybe, during the course of her life, that changes. I can see Andromeda being very loyal to a very small group of people. I can actually imagine Teddy being in Hufflepuff and Andromeda being in Slytherin. I also think Andromeda is in Slytherin because she's probably fairly cunning. She does have to sneak around behind her sisters' backs, afterall.

I think (I may be wrong) that Andromeda and Ted were in the order. For one thing, all the safe houses had something to do with the order, and I can't believe that they would send Harry with people not even in the order.

Nope, they were not in the Order. I think this is probably for several reasons. Andromeda may not have *wanted* to actively fight her sisters and try to kill them or send them to prison. I don't think Andromeda ever actively hated her sisters, but when the war starts, she realizes she had inadvertantly picked a side and must either stay hidden or actively fight. Hiding Harry is much different than going out and fighting her sisters like Sirius fought Bellatrix. In addition, they were both new parents during the first war, and I think this influenced Andromeda's decision to stay out of it.

memish
    I've read a lot of fanfics where Ted is a muggleBORN, however, on the tapestry I'm looking at on the Lexicon it says Ted was a MUGGLE. Does anyone know what canon is? Also, if he was a muggle, how on earth would Andromeda have met him? Thanks for your help, everyone.

Honigkuchenpferd Hufflepuff
    "Greetings From Egypt..."
    Ted himself says he's a Muggle-born. I don't have the English book with me, but found the line in the German copy. It's where he's on the run with Dean and the goblins and they camp just outside the tent Harry, Ron and Hermione are in. They listen to the fugitives' conversation via the Extendable Ears.

Also, pure-blood families such as the Blacks call everyone not of their descend Muggles.

Besides, didn't Tonks say something like being in the same house her father was in? So if she was a Hufflepuff, Ted must have been, too, which would be impossible were he a Muggle instead of a Muggle-born.

Hope that helps.
    No longer a mod and no longer in charge of any forums.

author ~*~ BA banner ~*~ giggler
    Banners by Tiffany and Samarie ^

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Besides, didn't Tonks say something like being in the same house her father was in? So if she was a Hufflepuff, Ted must have been, too, which would be impossible were he a Muggle instead of a Muggle-born.
    Tonks never says anything in the books about her House or her father's house. We assume Andromeda is a Slytherin because Slughorn says he had every Black in his house, but we don't know about Ted.

We only know Nymphadora Tonks' House because JKR when asked in an interview said that Tonks was a Hufflepuff and Moaning Myrtle was a Ravenclaw.

Carole
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

memish
    Ohhhh right thanks luinrina, I totally forgot about him and Dean. It makes sense the Blacks would see him on par with a Muggle anyways. That definitely helps =]

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Lockhart Removed My Bones!
    I've been wondering- considering Tonks is a metamorphmagus AND Teddy is, how likely do you think it is that Andromeda was one? If there is no canon evidence then do you think it would be okay to make her one?

And then if she was how do you think it effected her? Would she be able to control her changes as well as Tonks can? Do you think she would have been teased about it by her family and peers, or, because of the prestige her family had, just by her family, if at all?

Any thoughts?
    Banner by Minna.

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    I've been wondering- considering Tonks is a metamorphmagus AND Teddy is, how likely do you think it is that Andromeda was one? If there is no canon evidence then do you think it would be okay to make her one?

Even though I don't think it was directly mentioned in canon, I do not believe that Andromeda was a Metamorphmagus. It is heavily implied that she is not, and I think it would be slightly non-canon for her to be written as one.

Being a Metamorphmagus is genetic, as we can assume from Tonks passing it on to Teddy. However, I think the gene came from Ted Tonks Sr (Tonks's father) instead of Andromeda (although I don't think he was a Metamorphmagus, I think he probably carried the recessive gene for it). Think of it this way: Andromeda comes from a pureblooded family, with inbreeding I might add, and Tonks is the first person to have been mentioned to have that ability. With the lineage of Andromeda, I think many other Black relatives would have been Metamorphmagi if the gene came from that side of the family.

Also, it is stated in DH that Andromeda looked a lot like her sister Bellatrix. If she was a Metamorphmagus, I think she would have changed her appearance so as not to seem connected to a Death Eater (or at least changed her looks when she was seeing how Harry was holding up, to make sure he didn't confuse her with Bella).

xx Ariana xx

Thank you to Hokey for the beautiful banner. And thank you to everyone who nominated and judged --I'm so grateful to you <3.