Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Ron Weasley

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    Quote Originally Posted by OliveOil_Med
    Yeah, that's the way I heard it too, that Ron worked for George in his shop first and then became an Auror later. But it could be possible he did both. I just think it would make since for Ron to help out in the early years, especially since Fred was no longer around to help with the work.
    That sounds like the most likely scenario. However, I have to question how useful Ron was to George's joke shop. Throughout the series, Ron displayed no particular flair for pranks, so I see him struggling to come up with ideas and making products out of them. I think Lee Jordan would be better for the task, but that's just me.

Tim the Enchanter

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    First Brush With A Dementor

Well a Joke shop is not all about thinking up pranks or inventing new products. You need people beind the counter, someone who can explain the products to costumers – or maybe Ron took care of the finances etc. There are a lot of other things he could have been helping with...

Especially after his brother's death, George might not have been up to all the organisational things in the shop.
    This completely gorgeous banner, which makes me happier than a squirrel, was made by Hokey

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    However, I have to question how useful Ron was to George's joke shop. Throughout the series, Ron displayed no particular flair for pranks, so I see him struggling to come up with ideas and making products out of them. I think Lee Jordan would be better for the task, but that's just me.
    Mmm, I wish JK would retract her comment actually, because Ron doesn't really fit in the joke shope at all. I could see Ginny there - she was the most like the Twins in character. Lee would be a good choice as well, but I think he found his niche in radio.

Perhaps though, Ron was more of a business man. He showed a flair for strategy with chess - maybe that's his strength. Also, George probably just needed someone to support him and try out ideas on. Fred and George were so similar, Ron could be a good foil for George - tempering his reckless streak.
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    I think Fred and George would have been behind more of the creative aspects of running the business and grunt work end of it all. I feel like it would have been that way even if Fred was still alive after the end of DH.

A person doesn't really need a flair for pranks just to stock shelves and run a cash register. In fact, Fred and George probably would have had a great deal of fun making Ron the but of many of their 'product testing'. Just like the old days!

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Queen of Foals Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Crouch attacked Krum!
    Mmm, I wish JK would retract her comment actually, because Ron doesn't really fit in the joke shop at all. I could see Ginny there - she was the most like the Twins in character. Lee would be a good choice as well, but I think he found his niche in radio.
    I actually like the idea that Ron went to work at WWW. JKR actually said
    Ron joined George at Weasleys' Wizarding Wheezes, which became an enormous money-spinner.
    This kind of implies that Ron had a flair for business. Also, it is Weasleys' Wizarding Wheezes so perhaps George wanted to keep it in the family. And it would have been hard, I think, for George to go back to the shop and Ron would have provided a brotherly comfort.

Lovely banner by Minna! Icon from toreadabook on lj.

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    Do you think Ron is the type to be easily rattled?

I am writing a story where Hermione is pregnant with Rose, and she becomes the type who becomes obsessive about the subject of pregnancy, the hormone possibly inhancing what would already be her natural tendancies.

But she pushes it all on Ron, and I wonder if you think that Ron could be rattled by the constant stress. The reaction I have of him is rather comical, but I wonder whether or not this would be in-character for him.

Brand New Story!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    First Brush With A Dementor

I can see Ron as being slightly annoyed, but supressing it all for Hermione's good. And then, if it goes on for months, I can see him scared if maybe Hermione isn't like that because she's pregnant but because she doesn't love Ron anymore or something like that. I see Ron as the type to be subconsciously insecure, even after years of marriage.

Maybe he'd try to take it lightheartedly and not think to much into it, but I think deep down he wouldn't be so comical about it.
    This completely gorgeous banner, which makes me happier than a squirrel, was made by Hokey

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    Yes, this seems like him, though when he is alone with Harry, I portray him as being rather frazzeled and insecure about his upcoming role as a new father. I think he may be more willing to express his true feelings with Harry because there would be a lot less risk of being judged.

Does this seem plosible?

Brand New Story!

lupins_girl2006
    I think it would be very Ron like to go to Harry and talk about this subject. After all, by this time Harry already had James, and Ginny would probably be pregnant with Albus since Albus and Rose go to school together. Plus, Harry and Ron were best friends from the start, even before Hermione came into the picture.

~Allieatrix

Inverarity
    Quote Originally Posted by lupins_girl2006
    I think it would be very Ron like to go to Harry and talk about this subject. After all, by this time Harry already had James, and Ginny would probably be pregnant with Albus since Albus and Rose go to school together. Plus, Harry and Ron were best friends from the start, even before Hermione came into the picture.
    Hmm, I dunno. Harry and Ron never had a lot of deep, meaningful conversations in school. They were best mates and they knew it, but they were also, as Rowling put it, "British boys." The most heartfelt conversation they ever have is probably the one about Hermione, after Ron destroys the locket-horcrux, and that's a pretty brief one.

Granted, once they're older, more mature, and less self-conscious, they are probably able to express themselves a little more openly, but I really don't see Ron running to Harry to cry into his beer about Hermione's hormones and his self-doubts about being a father. Probably it would be more like brief conversational snippets:

"So, uh, was Ginny ever... moody while she was pregnant with James?"
    "She's your sister, what do you think?"
    "Yeah..."
    "You'll get through it, Ron. Just bring Hermione whatever she wants, and watch out for canaries."
    "Har, bloody har, mate."