Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Ron Weasley

Fifth Year Hufflepuff
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    Quote Originally Posted by PinappleDaquiri
    So in my fic Ron accompanies his sister to an ultrasound, as she is pregnant with twins. At the ultrasound, they find that one of the babies has died.

How do you think he'd respond to this. So far I have him written as being emotionless, but supportive of Ginny at the moment of discovery...
    Well... I dont think Ron would be emotionless. I think he'd be really shocked. He'd cry, but not show it to Ginny. He'd be strong for her, and support her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equinox Chick
    I think he'd be supportive as well, but probably say something very tactless like 'at least the other one's all right.'
    HAH! That made me laugh. I totally agree that he'd do something like that. Typical Ronniekins!

And might I suggest something? Instead of going to a Muggle hospital, why don't they go to St Mungos? Maybe the wizards have something equivalent to an ultrasound? Like... waving their wand around the tummy and showing a projection about whats happening inside, like a smoky version of the original? (visualize it like... the Prior Incantato spell that the Ministry people use when they find Harry's wand after the Dark Mark scene in GoF. A ghostly version of the real spell...). But that's my idea, you can make it up as you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmariam
    Here's a question about Ron: we know he worked as an Auror after the war, before he went to work at the store. If another crisis came up in the distant future, is it that improbable that he might go back to it and work with Harry as an Auror again? Because I'd sort of like to get him involved somehow. . .
    Thanks!
    ~Gina
    I'm sure Ron would definitely come to help Harry. We know that Ron never let Harry down (okay, yes he did, in GoF and DH, but still... ) Whatever... he'd surely come to help Harry. But he'd not be permanent, he'd return to the shop. After all, after Fred's death George would need support, and Ron wouldn't want to leave him. He'd stay with Harry till the crisis is over and then return to help with the shop.

--Nadia

{iBAbanner!} ~♥~ {iDrabble!} ~♥~ {iExcerpt!} ~♥~ {iPuff!}

Awesomical banner by TM_WandStick/Toni!
    Chapter 12 up!

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Standing in Line for Gilderoy Lockhart's Autograph
    Quote Originally Posted by Equinox Chick
    Okay, as for Ron dealing with the news that one of Ginny's twins has died. I think he'd be in shock, but not emotionless. Ron tends to react very quickly to things. He cries/gets angry immediately following Fred's death.
    He'd be shocked and probably show this. I think he'd be supportive as well, but probably say something very tactless like 'at least the other one's all right.'

~Carole~

I agree he would not be emotionless. I could definitely see him saying the wrong thing like this in an effort to do something to console Ginny... and then being immediately sheepish. Poor Ron, he always says the wrong thing. He also makes tea when things go wrong... but I doubt there is any available for this occasion. Good luck.
    Lovely banner by Nadia

PineappleDaquiri
    Quote Originally Posted by majestic_ginny
    Well... I dont think Ron would be emotionless. I think he'd be really shocked. He'd cry, but not show it to Ginny. He'd be strong for her, and support her.

HAH! That made me laugh. I totally agree that he'd do something like that. Typical Ronniekins!

And might I suggest something? Instead of going to a Muggle hospital, why don't they go to St Mungos? Maybe the wizards have something equivalent to an ultrasound? Like... waving their wand around the tummy and showing a projection about whats happening inside, like a smoky version of the original? (visualize it like... the Prior Incantato spell that the Ministry people use when they find Harry's wand after the Dark Mark scene in GoF. A ghostly version of the real spell...). But that's my idea, you can make it up as you like.
    I think what I'll do is have Molly make Ginny go to St. Mungo's from now on, because she thinks maybe the Muggle hospital is responsible. I think it could make a funny (though somewhat sad) scene.

And I put some tactless Ron into the chapter

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Voldemort's on the Back of Your Head, Professor
    I need help with figuring out Ron a little bit for a story. Now the scenario here is that there is a desperate situation at hand-- Hugo (aged two) is very sick and he is not responding very well to the treatment, so the Healer offers to try the same treatment using Muggle techniques. Now these are slightly (just very slightly) invasive and while Hermione thinks that maybe they should give it a try, Ron is not sure about it.

Would this trigger a small fight between them or something or are they capable of sorting this out calmly? Also, would Ron be more hesitant about letting the Healer try out the technique because it's invasive and will cause Hugo pain, or would that be because it's a Muggle technique (I'm pretty sure he'd not agree with it, I'm just having trouble figuring out what would annoy him more)?

I have Hermione winning the argument in the end and well, Hugo doesn't obviously take all the invasive treatment well and he's in pain. To what extent would this disturb Ron? Would he get frustrated at the Healers for this, or would he seethe for a while, blame Hermione and when he feels bad enough, tell her about it angrily?

Thank you!
    ~ Pooja

AMAZING story banner by Nadia/majestic_ginny! Dimply Sammeh by me.
    I found a liquor store. I drank it.

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    I think that Ron would be angry and confused and scared in this situation. He would be trying to act all tough for his son's sake, but he would probably cry when no one was around. And yeah, he and Hermione would definitely fight about it. She would be willing to do anything to save him and Ron would want to shelter him. When the treatment didn't go well, Ron would probably break down and loose all control of his emotions. He would probably blame everyone, but especially be mad with himself and Hermione for agreeing to the treatment, which he would be wary of because it could hurt his son.

Beautifulamazingperfect banner by BrokenPromise!

BACK FROM HIATUS!

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Obliviate!
    How sick is Hugo? Could he die from this illness he has? He's not responding to magical treatment, that's going to leave any parent in a very bad state and if there's anything else that might save the child's life, I think the parent would only have minor qualms about going ahead with it if it could save the child's life. So sure, Ron might be concerned that it would cause Hugo pain, but ultimately he'd realise that it was either that or Hugo not get any better and perhaps die. I think honestly, that would be how Ron thinks. He's not going to be bullish about something when the end result could be so serious.

Sarah x

Wonderful avvie by psijupiter. Totally brilliant and amazing banner by Julia/the opaleye!

Second Year Hufflepuff
    Beset by Owls
    I think this is a situation where Ron's strength that he maturated from Book 7 would come into play. He is an adult who understands that the pain is only something to be overcome and the end result will be worth it even if it would kill him to know his young son was in such pain. In the end it would come down to one thing:

Does he trust Hermione's judgment? the answer to this is easy; yes. In the end, even though he can and will argue with her, Ron's loyalty for his now wife comes from years of being there to argue with her and tell her when he thinks she is wrong, and in this situation the same will happen. They'll argue, then Ron will sulk and Hermione will be flustered, but after all of that the logical leaps will be made and Ron will come to his senses. At this point in their marriage they're probably used to acting as a team rather than a man and a woman, so they'll come to a conclusion just like they always do.

But, I don't think for a second that he would blame her for the way the treatment plays out. Ron is Ron after all. He'd no doubt blame himself for getting his son sick in the first place or even think that the problem stems way back to his own fathering, and of course going back to feelings of inadequacy and failure. I think this problem becomes less medical and a lot more personal from here on out, and focusing on the medicinal side of things is - in my opinion - missing out on some juicy characterization. So you could do something with Ron's (and Hermione's) inner turmoil, perhaps even abandoning his work/life to stay alert about his son's condition, and then bring it round to the argument you're talking about. After that, it's all up to you how this plays out.

Phew. A doozy of a first post if I may say so myself!

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Voldemort's on the Back of Your Head, Professor
    Thank you, Julie and Sarah!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah
    How sick is Hugo? Could he die from this illness he has? He's not responding to magical treatment, that's going to leave any parent in a very bad state and if there's anything else that might save the child's life, I think the parent would only have minor qualms about going ahead with it if it could save the child's life.
    Whoops! I should have worded my question right. Hugo is not intolerant towards the medicine. He is uncooperative, that's all. And he is not dying-- the disease is detected early enough and the Healers have assured Ron and Hermione of a good prognosis. So here, Hugo dying is not the problem.

I'll be clearer-- the potion that the Healers use for Hugo is known to be effective and since he is a paediatric patient, his tolerance towards it is lower than normal patients. Up until now, the Healers have been administering oral doses of the medicine to Hugo but he is taking more time to respond and is also generally uncooperative so they suggest giving him the same drug IV so that he can maybe respond sooner.

IV lines look pretty scary and painful to people who are seeing them for the first time on someone (I don't think Ron would be game to a small tube through his son's vein)>> ergo, his disagreement to it. IV lines are not very pleasant to the patients either. Kids have trouble tolerating them and they're always whining and crying and just generally unhappy. And after watching his son go through all that pain, Ron is informed that the medicines aren't working any better on Hugo even now. I was wondering if Ron would get ticked off enough by this--if just this could cause him annoyance.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie
    I think that Ron would be angry and confused and scared in this situation.
    How didn't I remember he'd be confused and scared too? O.o I was just thinking angry and annoyed, but thanks for pointing this out!

EDIT:
    Whoops! I didn't notice opti's post! Thank you, and sorry for not noticing it! I shall take your advice for Ron as I do feel he would react this way. Thank you very much for that invaluable opinion!
    ~ Pooja

AMAZING story banner by Nadia/majestic_ginny! Dimply Sammeh by me.
    I found a liquor store. I drank it.