Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Ron Weasley

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Still giggling at Inverarity's answer.

I really can't see Ron and Harry having an in depth conversation about women and hormones. For one thing Ron is going to feel really uncomfortable about thinking of his sister in that way.

If Ron is going to talk to anyone about being a father, then I think he'd be most likely to talk to his dad, or perhaps Bill.

But I don't think he'd go to them for advice - they'd probably be prodded by Hermione or Molly to encourage him to talk.

The way I see it, something cataclysmic would have to happen for Ron to open up about his feelings. If you take the Horcux stabbing moment as an example - Ron doesn't talk then at all. Of course it's obvious what's been going on in his mind, but if Harry hadn't witnessed the scene, Ron would not have told him about it.
    Harry who finally realises how insecure Ron is (and he should have picked up about his insecurities long before) , and it is Harry who comes out with the 'She's like my sister' line. They may be great mates, but they're not at all intuitive.

Get Arthur to speak to him ... I think that's more likely.

Carole
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

ahattab33
    I think Ron's relationship with Hermione needs to be taken into account, though - before the crazy pregnancy.

I'll try to make my point brief to keep this from becoming all about Hermione, but I think it's a valid point. I believe Hermione is the type of person who will want to be more open in communications with Ron. Depending on how you'd like to develop the earlier stages of their relationship, I think she would have been frustrated after some time at his lack of communication with her if he wasn't open about how he felt, especially considering their past. Granted, for a while, she probably would have been happy just to be in a relationship with him, but after some time, I think she would expect him to start being verbal with his feelings for her, because the lack of communication/being honest was one of the things that kept them from being together, especially through HBP.

Whether or not you think this (potential) development of Ron and Hermione, coupled with the aforementioned maturity we see towards the end of Deathly Hallows, is enough to influence his relationship with Harry would be your call.

I think Carole's point about Ginny is valid - if Harry were married to anyone else, he probably would be more open simply because he wouldn't mind hearing about Harry's wife if it weren't his sister.

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    I have something that I have been poundering about Ron's character as of late. After the whole insident with Scabbers, do you seem him as being less trusting about peoples pets, especially if they are rodents?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    You Need Some Driving Lessons, Ron
    I don't think he would be sincerely concerned, as he is much more mature now and knows what an isolated incident that was with Pettigrew. That said, such a situation could provide the funny Mr. Weasley a good opportunity to crack a joke. Just my take on it.
    Lovely banner by Minna

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    Here's a question about Ron: we know he worked as an Auror after the war, before he went to work at the store. If another crisis came up in the distant future, is it that improbable that he might go back to it and work with Harry as an Auror again? Because I'd sort of like to get him involved somehow. . .
    Thanks!
    ~Gina

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    You Need Some Driving Lessons, Ron
    I could certainly see that happening, particularly if Harry asked him to do it, and if George would manage all right without him for a while. It wouldn't necessarily have to be a permanent move back to the Ministry, and he could take a leave of absence from the shop. And if you did want to make it a permanent move back to a career as an Auror, I don't see any "character" related problems with that either.

I don't know if JKR has ever stated the circumstances, but I've always imagined that Ron left the Ministry because most of the post-battle issues were wrapped up around the same time that George was really seeing a decline in the success of the shop. He leaves what he sees as a completed job as an Auror to help George, and finds he actually has a knack and a liking for business.

But yeah, I could see him going back.
    Lovely banner by Minna

wilted_orchid
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmariam
    Here's a question about Ron: we know he worked as an Auror after the war, before he went to work at the store. If another crisis came up in the distant future, is it that improbable that he might go back to it and work with Harry as an Auror again? Because I'd sort of like to get him involved somehow. . .
    Thanks!
    ~Gina
    I think it would depend on several factors.

1. Did Harry ask for his help? If Harry asked for Ron's help, I don't doubt he'd come running, provided their relationship hasn't undergone any major altercations.

2.Did Ron leave the Auror Department on good terms? Ron's temper and occasionally poor judgement/ rash decision making are canon characteristics as sure as day turns to night, so it wouldn't be unthinkable that perhaps he lost his temper/got too involved/ acted on his emotions and dug himself into a hole from which he could only escape by leaving the business.

3. What sort of emotional/mental state is George in? Regardless of how much Ron cares for Harry, his real brother has suffered an unfathomable loss. If George has recovered from Fred's death (as best as he can) then Ron would probably be okay about leaving the shop, but if not I doubt anything could make him leave unless not returning to the Auror department would have even worse consequences on his family.

Hope that helps!

Shan
    x

PineappleDaquiri
    I have a Ron-ish question!

So in my fic Ron accompanies his sister to an ultrasound, as she is pregnant with twins. At the ultrasound, they find that one of the babies has died.

How do you think he'd respond to this. So far I have him written as being emotionless, but supportive of Ginny at the moment of discovery...

Have any suggestions to help me?

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Why is he with Ginny in the first place. It sounds a bit odd that he'd be there and not Harry or Hermione if Harry can't make it. Also - would they go to a Muggle hospital to have an ultrasound? It seems out of character for the wizarding world to use Muggle facilities like that.

Okay, as for Ron dealing with the news that one of Ginny's twins has died. I think he'd be in shock, but not emotionless. Ron tends to react very quickly to things. He cries/gets angry immediately following Fred's death.
    He'd be shocked and probably show this. I think he'd be supportive as well, but probably say something very tactless like 'at least the other one's all right.'

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

PineappleDaquiri
    Quote Originally Posted by Equinox Chick
    Why is he with Ginny in the first place. It sounds a bit odd that he'd be there and not Harry or Hermione if Harry can't make it. Also - would they go to a Muggle hospital to have an ultrasound? It seems out of character for the wizarding world to use Muggle facilities like that.
    In the story they all live together Post Hogwarts, and neither Harry or Hermione were able to make it, so in the fic she asked him to come with her. As for them using Muggle facilities, I'm not sure how they justify that, but I assure you there is quite a bit of wizarding-ness within the fic. Maybe I'll have them switch to a wizarding one.

Okay, as for Ron dealing with the news that one of Ginny's twins has died. I think he'd be in shock, but not emotionless. Ron tends to react very quickly to things. He cries/gets angry immediately following Fred's death.
    He'd be shocked and probably show this. I think he'd be supportive as well, but probably say something very tactless like 'at least the other one's all right.'

~Carole~
    I purposely had him not say a lot, because I wasn't quite sure what he'd say. I could put something like that in there. ATM he does seem too calm about it, but since it's in his POV (3rd person) I do have him in his thoughts being upset.

Thanks