Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Weasley

sorrow_of_severus
    originally posted by Amortentia x
    Actually, these are not cliches, they're canon fact.

Ron did work with George at the shop for a while, and then later became an Auror.
    I didn't know this. Thank you for letting me know.

I suppose that there would be uses for good strategy as an Auror, though.

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Voldemort's on the Back of Your Head, Professor
    I had a question about Ron's temper. He does seem to lose it easily, but do you think it will be OOC if he just flies out of the handle and screams? I'm slightly confused with this...

Thank you!
    ~ Pooja

AMAZING story banner by Nadia/majestic_ginny! Dimply Sammeh by me.
    I found a liquor store. I drank it.

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    I don't think Ron screams and shouts much, unless really provoked. He tends to bottle things up, smoulder for a while and then have an outburst. (The Horcrux/DH incident).

Generally though, he just tends to get irritated easily, don't you think?

Depends on the provocation really, Pooja.

Carole
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Amortentia x
    Well, Pooja, put it this way.

If Ron's having a bad day and someone asks how he is, he's not going to have a little hissy fit and slap them across the face

(Unless it's Malfoy But he wouldn't be asking how Ron was feeling...)

Sure, he can be a bit sulky at times, but he's not exactly violent...

Emma x

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Voldemort's on the Back of Your Head, Professor
    Thanks Carole, Emma!

Quote Originally Posted by Carole
    Depends on the provocation really, Pooja.
    The 'provocation' in my story is Hermione's suspicion that Ron's cheating on her. He really tries to convince her that he's still just hers, but she won't listen. So... would that amount to Ron losing his temper?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma
    If Ron's having a bad day and someone asks how he is, he's not going to have a little hissy fit and slap them across the face
    But Ron's not having a bad day. He's having a bad time. I did write out a part of his conversation with Hermione, and here it goes.

“So that’s why you’ve given her a way to contact you, is it? You want to keep talking—”

“THAT’S IT!” Ron roared, his temper flying out of control. Then he took a deep breath, forcing himself to relax. "Just go and do it, then.”
    It's just the 'THAT'S IT!' which really forms the 'screaming'. Does that sound OOC? I didn't really like how it goes... that's why I'm having these doubts... O.o
    ~ Pooja

AMAZING story banner by Nadia/majestic_ginny! Dimply Sammeh by me.
    I found a liquor store. I drank it.

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    We all know from interviews that Harry did not go back to complete his last year of school, but we all seem pretty confident that Hermione did. I'm still not quite sure what Ron did, and his friends have me even more split in my decition. Would he have followed after Harry and do work in the real world after the war, or would he have gone back so he could be with Hermione?

Does anyone have any guesses as to what would be more in his character?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Right, well JK has said that he goes to work with George in the shop. But I think she also said that he joins Harry in the Auror Office after that.

There's an interview somewhere where she says that Kingsley asked Harry, Ron and Neville to help him in the aftermath of the war.

Personally, I can't see Ron going back to school. he wasn't that interested in lessons - not like Hermione - and I think he'd want to be more independent. It would be difficult going back to the restrictions of school after that year out. Hermione could do it because she loves learning, but Ron is no Hermione.

He has matured over that year, and has taken control in certain situations, I really don't think he'd be content to go to Hogwarts and listen to teachers lecture him - not when he sees Harry going straight to the Auror dept. Working with his brother would be something he'd feel bound to do, but also something he'd want to do. Despite the quarrels he was very close to his siblings.

Carole

Banner by minnabird

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    Originally posted by Carole:
    Right, well JK has said that he goes to work with George in the shop. But I think she also said that he joins Harry in the Auror Office after that.
    Harry, Ron and Neville went to work in the Auror department right after the war. They helped Kingsley round up the remaining DEs and restructure the Auror department. It was after that, (no mention of amount of years) Ron went to work with George.

Now, from interviews, it "seems" as if it was many years afterwards. I will have to look for the exact quote, but I believe it she said something like in later years, Ron went to work with George.

I can see it being a few years at least probably more. Harry we know ended up heading the Auror department.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Hmm, I think it's the other way around.

In an interview with NBC, JK Rowling said that in the epilogue Harry and Ron were Aurors. Mind you she then contradicts herself in another interview) and says that George re-opens the shop with the help of 'Good old Ron.' and they make lots of money.

Personally, I don't see why he can't do both - after all Neville helped round up DE's and then became a Herbology Prof.

So, my timeline for Ron's career would be May 1998 - recruited by Kingsley to help round up DE's (along with Neville and Harry), leaves to help George when this job complete, (Harry becomes fulltime Auror, Neville leaves to become Professor) works with George to re-establish shop ... and then goes back to become fully-fledged Auror.

I can see this fitting with Ron, because this way he isn't eternally in Harry's shadow whilst they're training.

Carole (who is impatient for that encyclopedia, Jo, just so you know)

Banner by minnabird

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Yeah, that's the way I heard it too, that Ron worked for George in his shop first and then became an Auror later. But it could be possible he did both. I just think it would make since for Ron to help out in the early years, especially since Fred was no longer around to help with the work.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!