Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Weasley

cirelondiel
    Well, we've seen how Ron reacts when family members are hurt (eg. Arthur being attacked by the snake it OotP) - he seems to act quiet, shocked, brooding. So you can apply that to this situation. He'd be scared but trying not to show it too much - trying to be strong. If they were kidnapped or something, he'd be angry, enraged. He's probably pretty possessive and protective of his kids.

He'd definitely swallow his pride and ask Harry for help if he felt his kids were in danger. The first person he'd enlist to help would be Hermione, though, of course - but if there was danger, then he'd be trying to protect her, too. He'd probably rather make sure she's safe and get Harry to help him. Whether Hermione would let him go off to save their kids without her is a different matter

Hope that helps!
    -- Chelsea

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    How do you believe Ron would react during the pregancy of his first child. I personally see him as being a nervous wreak. Sure, he came from a very large family, but he was one of the youngest of the family, and would have no idea for how to take care of a baby. Besides, most dads are complete nutcases when it comes to their first kid. Why would Ron be any different.

How do the rest of you think Ron would react during Hermione's pregnancy with Rose?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    Looking for Nicholas Flamel

I agree - I think Ron would be a complete nervous wreck. I think that initially, he would be thrilled at the prospect of being a father, but as the pregnancy progressed, he would become steadily more panicky about it. Considering that I see Hermione being very horomonal during her pregnancy, I think there would be a lot of tension between the two. Hermione, on the one hand, would have studied up on how to raise a child and would be completely prepared for the physical aspect of it; Ron, on the other, would be prepared and even excited emotionally, but would have no idea where to begin as far as handling a baby goes. So, between the two of them, they would both be rather insecure over some aspect of Hermione's pregnancy. Excited, yes, but both would be complete basket cases.

GORGEOUS banner by Kat/Mistletoe! Thank you so much!
    Icon by me [disillusion_row on livejournal].

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    Quote Originally Posted by lily_evans34
    I agree - I think Ron would be a complete nervous wreck. I think that initially, he would be thrilled at the prospect of being a father, but as the pregnancy progressed, he would become steadily more panicky about it. Considering that I see Hermione being very horomonal during her pregnancy, I think there would be a lot of tension between the two. Hermione, on the one hand, would have studied up on how to raise a child and would be completely prepared for the physical aspect of it; Ron, on the other, would be prepared and even excited emotionally, but would have no idea where to begin as far as handling a baby goes. So, between the two of them, they would both be rather insecure over some aspect of Hermione's pregnancy. Excited, yes, but both would be complete basket cases.
    Completely agree with this. The best characterisations of Ron/Hermione I have read during pregnancy involve Hermione being very hormonal and snapping even more than she might usual, with Ron trying to please her but not always knowing what he's doing.

I think Ron would probably feel very panicking and under pressure to do well. We know that Rose was born after the first Potter child and possibly after some of the other Weasley grandchildren and he would be desperate to prove that he could be a father just as well as his siblings/Harry. He would still be excited and happy but I think the actual pregnancy would be a stressful time for him.

I also think that, with it being the first pregnancy he would be very protective of Hermione (probably much to her annoyance) and try to stop her doing anything during her pregnancy.

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

padfoot_returns
    Quote Originally Posted by lily_evans34
    I agree - I think Ron would be a complete nervous wreck. I think that initially, he would be thrilled at the prospect of being a father, but as the pregnancy progressed, he would become steadily more panicky about it.
    I actually think Ron's first reaction would be shock and he probably wouldn't accept it for a while, not because he doesn't want to baby but because he is Ron. I can just imagine him slowly accepting it and this happening:

Ron slowly sank into the chair across from Harry's. "Blimey, I'm going to be a dad," he said, not believing the words coming out of his own mouth.

Okay, I have no idea why I just put that into story context And I do agree that later, he would be completely panic-y and he would really have no idea and begin to doubt himself big time.

xxRiham

sorrow_of_severus
    Alright, I can't believe the topic of Ron's job hasn't come up yet. In fanfiction, it's so cliched. Either Ron is an Auror or he dropped/opted out of Auror training to help George with the joke shop. I find both options unlikely.

I find Ron the Auror unbelievable because Ron never was a terrific student or wizard, and Aurors are supposed to be an elite police force. Ron only wanted to become an Auror because that was Harry's dream. Ron is a follower, a loyal follower. At some point, though, he's going to have to grow up and start making his own decisions.

As for working in the joke shop, the I think the idea is laughable. Of all the Weasley kids, Percy and Ron seemed to have the worst relationships with the twins. Nothing seems to bother Bill too much, and judging by how much Ginny idolizes him, it's likely that the two would have very similar view of life. Since Ginny seems to enjoy the twins and their antics (and even engage in some of their minor mischief occasionally), that would suggest that Bill would probably also find the twins at least funny. Little is said about Charlie in the books, but there's nothing to suggest that he harbors any negative feelings towards the twins. Percy, obviously, was driven crazy by Fred and George, and unsuccessfully tried to control them. Ron, I'd argue, had it even worse than Percy. He didn't mind the twins' pranks at Hogwarts, but it seems like he seemed to be the butt of their jokes before they went to school and had a larger pool of people to prank. From his childhood experiences with them, he seems to be somewhat scared of them at times. A relationship of fear is not a healthy one to have with your boss or co-owner, and so I don't think a job at WWW's would make Ron too happy.

Ron's strength is strategy. It is shown by his mastery at wizard's chess, especially McGonagall's giant chess board in SS/PS. It is shown by his eureka moment about the baslisk fangs in DH. I think Ron would do wonderfully in a job that involves strategy. What job do you think this would be?

Amortentia x
    I find Ron the Auror unbelievable because Ron never was a terrific student or wizard, and Aurors are supposed to be an elite police force.

As for working in the joke shop, the I think the idea is laughable.
    Actually, these are not cliches, they're canon fact.

Ron did work with George at the shop for a while, and then later became an Auror.

So really, authors who use these are actually just sticking to what really happened

/mytwoknuts

Inverarity
    Quote Originally Posted by Amortentia x
    Actually, these are not cliches, they're canon fact.

Ron did work with George at the shop for a while, and then later became an Auror.

So really, authors who use these are actually just sticking to what really happened
    Only if you treat Rowling's post-DH interviews as canon, which many people don't.

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Rescued by Gred and Forge...er, Fred and George
    Yeah, they probably are, but I think it'd be interesting to see what other suitable occupations we can come up with for Ron.

Strategy is a strength of Ron's, while diplomacy is not. I was thinking of Military strategist, or something on those lines but I don;t think the Wizarding World has a standing army and his lack of diplomacy may be a problem...

BB

banner by my mystery banner maker! :O

Profile on the Archives

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by sorrow of severus
    I find Ron the Auror unbelievable because Ron never was a terrific student or wizard, and Aurors are supposed to be an elite police force.
    Ron's grades at OWL level were very similar to Harry's, so if you accept that Harry became an Auror (and we don't have proof from the books of that either - merely JK's words afterwards) then why is it so unlikely that Ron became one?

As for working in the joke shop, the I think the idea is laughable.
    Well, if George needed help, then Ron is the likely choice. Charlie's in Romania, Bill's at Gringotts and Percy's at the Ministry. I suppose there's always Ginny (which I thought quite likely because she's inventive like the twins.)

I agree that his strength is strategy, but I think this makes him suited to the Auror office. It would certainly require strategy to round up the remaining Death Eaters and plan the long term future of both the Ministry and the Auror Office - which must have been riddled with corruption and decimated by death.

Carole
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird