Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ron Weasley

Hybrid View

Weasleyboyfreak

Ron Weasley

Being obsessed with Ronald Weasley, I would like to see some other peoples veiw on his unique character. Since you all are amazing HP fans, please give feedback! I would like to use some of these aspects of the character in a fanfic!

Questions:

How would Ron react if he came back to his family after he had been missing for 6 months? What happens if his family is his wife, Hermione? Would he be happy to see her? Would he jump right into the reason for his disappearance? Would he go right up and kiss her or embrace her?

Now, what happens if he had left on an Auror mission, totally secret and undercover and didn't tell Hermione he was leaving? What if she was pregnant when he left and he didn't find out until he returned? How would he react to the pregnancy?

How would he react to Harry, Ginny, and their new born son when he returned after being missing? Harry, his boss, not even find our gangly looking redhead.

How do you think Ronnie would react under these situations? Or would he even react differenly from what I have mentioned? Please give me you feed back!

Mistletoe
    Well, hello! I'm going to give my two cents, well, because I would have to eventually anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Weasleyboyfreak
    How would Ron react if he came back to his family after he had been missing for 6 months? What happens if his family is his wife, Hermione? Would he be happy to see her? Would he jump right into the reason for his disappearance? Would he go right up and kiss her or embrace her?
    I think that Ron would be slightly abashed, even ashamed of leaving so suddenly. It been a long time coming for their relationship, and for him to run off so suddenly and not even say goodbye is a bit brash. The situation between he and Hermione is tough to pin perfectly because it's so fragile. His immediate emotions would be a large melting pot of happiness, regret, sorrow, and love. I think the first thing he would probably say would be, "I'm sorry."

Looking back on this, I don't think that he would jump right into explanation, and she right into berating him. I think it would be a lot more of silence and staring. He would maybe stutter a bit. He would be uplifted and unbelievably happy to see her, but at the same time I think he would know that he left her knowing that she had no idea what was going on.

I hope some of that made sense.

Now, what happens if he had left on an Auror mission, totally secret and undercover and didn't tell Hermione he was leaving? What if she was pregnant when he left and he didn't find out until he returned? How would he react to the pregnancy?
    I've already given you a bit on how I thought about this, and obviously they didn't like it much. But the way I feel is that he would be happy because it's the beginning of a family. He's grown up in such a large family, and now he's beginning his own, maybe you could delve into that idea?

How would he react to Harry, Ginny, and their new born son when he returned after being missing? Harry, his boss, not even find our gangly looking redhead.
    I think that he and Harry would commence to embrace, in a very manly way of course. Ginny would be all, "Ronald, you've put the family in such a fright for so long, etc." The whole occasion would be very much a solemn affair.

Harry would be ecstatic, I think. He would go on and be like, "I knew you would make it, mate! I just knew it!"

As for the last bit of this question, I'm not quite sure I understand....

Overall, Ron would be happy, but he wouldn't really know what to say most of the time, I think. He would either be speechless, or he would be spluttering. He would want the tell Hermione how much he missed her and loved her and wanted to be with her, he just wouldn't know how, because he never really has known how, has he?

Hope I began to help, a bit at least. Happy writing.

-Kat

rainydaze
    I can kinda see him coming home and knocking on the door, it seeming awkward to just come in after being gone so long. Then, Hermione coming to the door and opening it. Then he might do a typical dumb-but-loveable Ron thing like just stand there and give her a shrug. And then she might slam the door in his face

I would imagine he would just stare at the baby/child for a while in shock. 'Cause when was Ron ever suave in awkward situations? He would probably end up being happy about the pregnancy but it would take him a while getting used to...

But once he got used to it, he would probably become overjoyed and giddy...once it all sunk in.

Didn't understand the last part, but I think that he would be more outgoing to meet Harry.
    What I mean is that I feel that he would be more willing to talk things over and apologize and say "I missed you" and all that rot with Harry, because they've always been so comfortable with eachother. With Hermione, though, in retrospect, it may be nice to have him say "I missed you" when he first sees her again...and that'd be it for a while...I dunno...

Hope this helps!

WendelinTheWeird
    How would Ron react if he came back to his family after he had been missing for 6 months?

I would be incredibly happy to be back and want to spend time with everyone all at once and explain why he'd been missing to everyone.

What happens if his family is his wife, Hermione? Would he be happy to see her?

He would be ecstatic to see her, I could see him greeting her first.

Would he jump right into the reason for his disappearance? Would he go right up and kiss her or embrace her?

Yes. And Yes.

Now, what happens if he had left on an Auror mission, totally secret and undercover and didn't tell Hermione he was leaving?

He would be completely crushed that he couldn't tell Hermione he was leaving. I could even see him giving up on the mission because he was hurting her too much.

What if she was pregnant when he left and he didn't find out until he returned? How would he react to the pregnancy?

He would feel terrible that he had left at that time. He would be happy about her having a baby, he wants a family, but he'd feel equally terrible to have abandoned Hermione during her pregnancy.

He would be happy to see them and full of explanations of why he was gone.

AloraLove
    I think Ron would not know what to say. I can see him rehearsing what he was going to say before he reached home, and then his mind going blank once he sets eyes on Hermione. Since you say Hermione and Ron are married, I think Ron would be especially incoherent towards her, as he has been throughout all the books. He would most definitely be happy to see her, and he would show that. I don't, however, think he would jump right into the reasons for his disappearance. I think the first few moments would contain a shocked silence between him and Hermione. I also believe that Hermione would react similarly to how she did in DH, after Ron returns, being angry and such. After all, she is rather passionate. I don't think he would go right up to her. He would be afraid that she would reject him, because of his long disappearance.

One, I'm not sure if Ron would have accepted a mission where he would have to leave his family for six months. Having grown up in a large family, I think his family loyalty goes down pretty deep with him. However, if it was not a willing choice, and Ron returned to find Hermione either very pregnant or with a newborn (I'm not sure which you were implicating), I think he would be ecstatic to learn of his fatherhood. Ron doesn't take most changes well, however, so I think he would be shocked for a little while, but his joy would soon override his anxiety.

I'm not sure what you meant by that last part, but I don't think Harry being Ron's boss would affect their greeting. Harry's and Ron's friendship goes back their entire Hogwarts career, so while Harry might inquire as to where Ron was, I think on the whole Harry would be accepting. Although if Harry is Ron's boss, then Harry would probably already know about the mission, correct? Ron would probably greet him as if he had never left. Ginny, however, would be less understanding about why Ron had to leave. She, too, having the same family background, has family loyalty engrained (ingrained?) in her. Ron, I think, would be much more nervous to see her than he would Harry, for instance. And, of course, back to family thing again, Ron would be overjoyed to see his nephew. He might be a bit miffed about what had to transpire between Harry and Ginny to procure the little bundle of joy, but other than that he would be thrilled.

I hope that helps some.

Alora

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    Oh, this should be fun. I have recently discovered I love to write Ron. He is such a fascinating character. So underestimated and not appreciated enough.
    So here goes:

How would Ron react if he came back to his family after he had been missing for 6 months?
    I think he would be excited to see them, probably act a bit sheepish because of the manner in which he left. I'm sure with his mom he would probably endure her hugs and tears, eventually pulling away to try to explain the many questions Mrs. Weasley would be firing at him.

What happens if his family is his wife, Hermione? Would he be happy to see her?
    Would he jump right into the reason for his disappearance? Would he go right up and kiss her or embrace her?
    Now, what happens if he had left on an Auror mission, totally secret and undercover and didn't tell Hermione he was leaving?
    What if she was pregnant when he left and he didn't find out until he returned? How would he react to the pregnancy?
    With Hermione, his initial reaction would be to go to her, he does love her and since he got over the hurdle of admitting his feelings and marrying her, he would defiantly start towards her, but he would see she was pregnant, and I believe that would stop him in his tracks. He would probably stammer and point at her belly then look up at her.
    Once over the shock, he would be overjoyed with the thought of a baby. Though knowing Ron, he would also be scared. With that issue, I believe he would turn to Harry for help.
    He would be apologetic over his absence and vow to make it up to her for not being there for her.
    Even though presumably from your post, it wasn't his fault he was gone so long. He would of course bring this fact up if Hermione or anyone were to comment on his 'not being there' during Hermione's pregnancy.

From this question, I take it that Ron's assignment was not suppose to last as long as it did. That in fact he was missing and unaccounted for for most of the six months.
    I think he would be happy to see Harry, Ginny and their son. But, I believe once he got a chance to talk to Harry alone, he would question him as to why he didn't look for him. Why he didn't do anything to bring Ron home sooner. Harry as Head of Auror department, would have known about the assignment and would have known Ron should have been home sooner.

Just a side note, Harry in my opinion knowing Ron should not have been gone that long would have gone looking for him. You will have to address this in your fic as to why he didn't go looking for him.
    I can't wait to read your fic, it sounds really great.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

Fawkes_the_Phoenix
    I picture it as Ron reaches out to turn the handle on the door but it is flung open before he can touch it. (Ron would be surprised and probably nervous as to what is waiting for him. He would be wondering what had changed and what events had taken place in his absence.) Mrs. Weasley would give him a big hug then start questioning him as to where he had been. (He would stutter or just stay silent through this, just happy to see his Mum again) She will stop and say something like "Never mind that now. Have you had something to eat?" Then bring him inside where the rest of his family would be waiting. Ron would probably be a bit more comfortable at this point and would answer their questions.

What happens if his family is his wife, Hermione? Would he be happy to see her? Would he jump right into the reason for his disappearance? Would he go right up and kiss her or embrace her?
    Well we always see that Ron is very awkward around Hermione, not really knowing what to say or saying stupid things. I picture it that she would open the door (or he would walk in, whichever) and they would stand staring at each other until Hermione ran to him and gave him a big hug and kiss. Ron would probably be nervous as to where to start with the story. Maybe even just saying things like I didn't know it would take so long. I think he would be extremely relieved to see her, especially if he was on an auror mission or something. Seeing a familiar, comforting face would make him happy.

I think that he would feel so guilty about leaving that when he saw Hermione he would be kind of distant. He would know that he hurt her and worried her by leaving unexpectedly. (Though I'm sure Harry would have said something to Hermione about him being on a mission. Harry wouldn't leave her wondering, or (more likely) she wouldn't let him not tell her.) If she was pregnant then I think that he would be shocked and scared at first. He might make incoherent mumbles. When he finally got over that he would be the proudest parent there is. He would love that kid to death.

He would be really happy to see them and after initial greetings Harry would probably pull him aside and ask him a few questions about the mission.
    If I'm interpreting this correctly then Harry and Ginny have a new born son. I believe that Ron would be overjoyed to see this kid. Especially since hes been missing for only 6 months he had to have known that Ginny was pregnant. That would have been on his mind while he was missing. Wondering whether it was a boy or girl, or what he/she looked like.
    And I think what you mean by that last sentence is that Harry went looking for Ron but couldn't find him. If this is the case then I think that Harry would be more relieved to see Ron than Ron would be to see Harry. Harry has probably been so worried about him when he couldn't find him (Maybe Harry had to come home from looking because Ginny was going to have the baby. Or (this would make Ron feel awful) Harry missed the birth of his son because he was out looking for Ron.)

Hope that helped!
    ~Kacie

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    I would like to add that, aside from the part about not telling her he was leaving, this plotline has been done at least once in the fanfic, Daddy. It was slightly different in that it was Ron and Harry leaving for Auror training. Ron and Hermione "make the last night together for six months count" as they put it and she ends up discovering the pregnancy. The Weasleys take care of her through the whole nine months and then accept her and the baby (a girl) as their own. The twins have their day with her so she can work and she becomes a Weasley by default. The only problem was that Ron returned with a new g/f and they had to work through *that* issue, which was the main conflict.

While away, Ron would most likely be trying desperately to plot exactly what he will say in each predicament thrown at him by Hermione. (if she's angry, sad, gone, elated, etc.) When he returns from being gone, will there be any focus on the Weasley's or just her because I can see that being a major factor if no one knew he was leaving. If it was only kept from Hermione, I think *someone* would crack and tell her at one point. (especially when they learn about her pregnancy so she stays level-headed.) IF Hermione did find out early, I think she would go from elation to anger upon his arrival. But with that new baby . . .

With the baby thing, I agree in that I think, initially, Ron would be in shock. I could see Hermione taking him aside in a rational manner, explaining everything to him as calmly as she could before introducing him to the child. I don't think that he would jump right in but I picture Molly encouraging him to begin a relationship with the baby. I could see Hermione being apprehensive aboult allowing a relationship if she doesn't trust him to stick around again or just leave.
    [/my two cents]

~Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

Kcharles
    I need help with characterization for Ron. Rose and Hugo have just gone missing. How do you think he'd act?

Third Year Slytherin
    Bumper Cars in Gringotts
    He's from a large family so family ties are very strong. (Not saying their not for small families. Hermione loved her family too, remember?) He would want to have small family because he always felt overshadowed by his brothers. If his two children, the children he loves so much, were to disappear, definitely think he would motivated to take action immediately. He might enlist Harry's help, but then again he might not. He might feel this is something he has to do himself and not take Harry's help, or he might feel there are much more important things than his pride. I believe it would be the latter personally. He would enlist Harry's help (along with Ginny's if she's not tied down with the kids) and search for his kids.

When he first learns they are missing he would be shocked, scared, then enraged (enraged if they were kidnapped).

My views and my thoughts. Feel free to disagree with me, but this is what I think.

Smiles,
    Luna

EDIT: I did mean that he and Hermione would ask Harry and Ginny for help. I just didn't write it down that way.