Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pairing - Ron/Hermione

Amelia_Bones
    Ok, here's something a writer on another site brought up and has me thinking. If I ever get around to writing some R/Hr stuff that's in my head I may take this into consideration. Anywho, do you think Ron and Lav had sex? She's sure they did. She reasoned that Ron was insecure and Lavender had no problem giving him the attention he craved. Granted he may still have been thinking about Hermione. I'd like to think no because I'm a big R/H shipper and it would be nice if he saved himself for her but, he was still immature and may have let hormones take over. Any thoughts?

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Earning Points for Sheer Dumb Luck
    Quote Originally Posted by Amelia_Bones View Post
    Ok, here's something a writer on another site brought up and has me thinking. If I ever get around to writing some R/Hr stuff that's in my head I may take this into consideration. Anywho, do you think Ron and Lav had sex? She's sure they did. She reasoned that Ron was insecure and Lavender had no problem giving him the attention he craved. Granted he may still have been thinking about Hermione. I'd like to think no because I'm a big R/H shipper and it would be nice if he saved himself for her but, he was still immature and may have let hormones take over. Any thoughts?
    Because sex really isn't mentioned at all in the series, I tend to think you have free reign with this. You could make a case for either. On the one hand, Ron and Lavender are teenagers, they're at boarding school without parental supervision, and they certainly appear pretty enthusiastic in public. On the other, Ron doesn't seem all that into Lavender, especially by the end of their relationship, and correct me if I'm wrong (can't remember the exact timeline off the top of my head), but I don't think they were together a very long time. It was also made fairly explicit that Ron and Hermione were hung up on each other for the majority of HBP.

I'm not really going to comment on whether or not Ron 'should have' saved himself for Hermione, because they're just characters, and you should go with whichever path works best for the story you're trying to tell. As long as it's well-written and justified, I think you could go with either. Again, since HP is, for all intents and purposes, a children's series, sex is understandably glossed over. I don't get a strong feeling one way or the other with Ron and Lavender; I wouldn't be surprised to read a story in which they had sex, but I also wouldn't be surprised to read one where they didn't.
    Eliza