Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pairing - Ron/Hermione

Weasleyboyfreak

Pairing - Ron/Hermione

Ron and Hermione have alway intrested me and I am currently writing a challeng fic on them and some questions to think about concerning the pairing. (I hope this is where my post can go....sorry about the other thread! )

Questions:

1. How would Ron react,if he had been away on a secret mission as an Auror for six months, when he returned to find his wife, Hermione, pregnant? Keep in mind that he has not been able to write her in fear for both his and her safety.

2. How would he handle this situation? Would he be in tears? Would he welcome her with open arms and readily accept the new baby? Would he be in shock?

3. Would Ron just come out and tell her what happened right away? Would he embrace her first? Or would he break down and tell her after she tells him about being pregnant?

4. How would Hermione react in the same situation. She's pregnant and she hasn't heard from her husband in months. Would she think that he is dead? Would she be crying all the time? Would little things that reminded her of Ron cause her to burst into tears?

5. Once Ron returned, would Hermione first welcome him and then become angry, maybe even angry enought to slap him? Would she forgive him after he explained himself. Or would she just be overly happy to have him back in her arms? Would she accept him back after all the pain and worry that he had put her though in the past six month?

If you could give me your oppinions on these questions of mine that would be wick awesome! Thank you!

Miss Orange Pen
    How would Ron react,if he had been away on a secret mission as an Auror for six months, when he returned to find his wife, Hermione, pregnant? Keep in mind that he has not been able to write her in fear for both his and her safety.
    I think Ron would be extremely shocked. He would probably be a little angry that Hermione didn't try to tell him in any way she could. He might also be angry that she had gotten pregnant at that moment in time; right when he was about to go to Auror training.

How would he handle this situation? Would he be in tears? Would he welcome her with open arms and readily accept the new baby? Would he be in shock?

As I said above, I think Ron would have a bad case of shock. I think he would shut Hermione out for a week or two, thinking about the situation. Hermione would go to talk to him and they would finally talk about the situation.

Would Ron just come out and tell her what happened right away? Would he embrace her first? Or would he break down and tell her after she tells him about being pregnant?
    Tell her about what? (Sorry if that's a stupid question, I'm really tired right now)

How would Hermione react in the same situation. She's pregnant and she hasn't heard from her husband in months. Would she think that he is dead? Would she be crying all the time? Would little things that reminded her of Ron cause her to burst into tears?
    I think her reaction would a combination of what you said in the question. She wouldn't be crying all the time, but just enough for her eyes to be puffy and red continuously. At first she would have hope that he would come home, but then she would probably come to realise that he wouldn't.

Once Ron returned, would Hermione first welcome him and then become angry, maybe even angry enough to slap him? Would she forgive him after he explained himself. Or would she just be overly happy to have him back in her arms? Would she accept him back after all the pain and worry that he had put her though in the past six month?

I think that Hermione would be happy that he's home and then become angry with him. He'd missed almost all of her pregnancy and he was never going to make that up! Although she would probably get over that rather quickly. It wouldn't be something to dwell on. Overall, they would both be happy to be in each other's arms again.

hermione_granger4life
    Questions:

1. How would Ron react,if he had been away on a secret mission as an Auror for six months, when he returned to find his wife, Hermione, pregnant? Keep in mind that he has not been able to write her in fear for both his and her safety.

Well you could play off that in two different ways: 1) He could be mad that Hermione didn't tell him that she was pregnant before he left or 2) He could be REALLY angry because Hermione got pregnant after he had already left. So you could either make him mad for not telling him, or furious for cheating on him. It depends on what direction you want to go in.

2. How would he handle this situation? Would he be in tears? Would he welcome her with open arms and readily accept the new baby? Would he be in shock?

Well that also depends on which of the two situations I posted above. If she had lied and let him go to training knowing perfectly well that she was pregnant, he would probably be pretty irritated with her but I think he would just be a little mad but still welcome her with open arms because it would be their first child. If Hermione had cheated on him and it wasn't his then I would say that he would probably yell, possibly cry, and possibly shut hermione out for a few weeks. I think it would take a lot for him to accept the baby if it wasnt his especially if Hermione had cheated on him with, oh let's just say Draco Malfoy because I love him...lol.

3. Would Ron just come out and tell her what happened right away? Would he embrace her first? Or would he break down and tell her after she tells him about being pregnant?
    Umm...Im not too sure what you mean right now. Does he have something to tell her?

4. How would Hermione react in the same situation. She's pregnant and she hasn't heard from her husband in months. Would she think that he is dead? Would she be crying all the time? Would little things that reminded her of Ron cause her to burst into tears?

I dont think that Hermione would really burst into tears because I think that she's stronger than that. I think that she would be very worried that something had happened to him and I do think that she would get a little sad. But, being pregnant, she could very well burst into tears if little things reminded her of him. She would, I think, eventually give up a little hope that he would return to her.

5. Once Ron returned, would Hermione first welcome him and then become angry, maybe even angry enought to slap him? Would she forgive him after he explained himself. Or would she just be overly happy to have him back in her arms? Would she accept him back after all the pain and worry that he had put her though in the past six month?

Ha...Well, with her being pregnant I think that she would welcome him and pretty much squeeze the living daylights out of him with a hug and then she would pull back and slap him...lol...I think that would be a funny thing: First she just hugs him then straight from that to smacking him...lol. Then I think she would be pretty angry with him for what he had put her through but she would forgive him within a few days I think.

I hope some of that helps. Good Luck on your story! I'm looking forward to reading it!

**Emma

Weasleyboyfreak
    Thank you guys so much for your help but...my story is already posted. If you like to read it, it is called "Christmas Wishes" and it is a contest submission in the Winter Challenges in the by the fireside prompt. Thank you again for your awesome suggestions!

PineappleDaquiri
    I have a question, don't know if this is the right place to put it, but here:

I'm writing a fic where Ron and Hermione get rather close, if you know what I mean. I know it's not typically in character for Hermione to be suggestive, but would it be possible for her to imply certain things, or use some innuendo around Ron in a sexual situation? For example, here is an excerpt from a chapter I am currently writing:

Hermione retrieved his shirt for him off the floor and handed it to him. “You know, they say the longer you wait... the better it is.”

“It?”

“It.”

Halp ?

quill and ink
    Hmm... I think that all depends on the situation. If they were going out but hadn't really advanced very much intimately, then there might be a slight chance. But I have always thought of Hermione to be the kind of girl to maybe doubt herself when it comes to love. She did go for a long time before she let Ron in on the fact that she liked him.

But maybe enter in a few other factors and she might blow all her moral walls and simply go with her emotional impulses. I do think that could be a possibility.

Siriussirius

Stumbling by

Hello! I just happened to stumble along this thread while browsing through the forum, and thought I'd like to give my two cents worth on the Ron/Hermione dynamic!

(I know this is really late and I'm not answering the original question posed but, oh well, this thread is all about R/Hr, innit? )

Now, I must confess that I really am a great fan of this pair, what with the whole fairytale bickering-best-friends-falling-for-each-other romance; I also particularly their personalities are quite complementary in their many differences and how they make up so well for each others' shortcomings. And I've always wondered why on earth others would think that Ron and Hermione aren't suited for each other! But I happened to read this Draco/Hermione fic just the other day (Withered Petals by CoolCatElly) and finally, after all these years, finally saw the other side of the argument.

(From Withered Petals)
    "Their relationship had been born in their childhood and had peaked at a time when they were both living for the moment."

How true! Reading that really gave me the much-needed epiphany that helped me to understand the anti-R/Hr shippers. Indeed, there were just too many things left unsaid between them for seven years - especially their disastrous sixth year - that laid the foundations for a sort of distance between them, even though they were best friends. And then there was the famous "OI! WE'RE IN THE MIDDLE OF A WAR!" kiss.. Well, I surmise that for them to have stuck together and gotten married in the end, as per canon, they must have done a lot of talking to make up for years of second-guessing each others' feelings. If not, I find that it's quite improbable that they lasted, given Hermione's stubborn nature and Ron's, well, (endearing) clueless-ness.

Of course, I'm not saying that I don't find these two to be an adorable match for each other. It's just that, I guess I've finally understood why there are many who do not support this pairing dynamic

So, what do you all think? Do Ron and Hermione belong together, or would their fundamental differences lead to a miserable relationship wrought with disagreements?

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    You Need Some Driving Lessons, Ron
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriussirius
    If not, I find that it's quite improbable that they lasted, given Hermione's stubborn nature and Ron's, well, (endearing) clueless-ness.

So, what do you all think? Do Ron and Hermione belong together, or would their fundamental differences lead to a miserable relationship wrought with disagreements?
    In defense of Ron… and subsequently, Ron and Hermione as a couple.

I will grant that Ron is clueless about girls (as is Harry) throughout much of the series, but he definitely is not so in Deathly Hallows. I actually believe he started to see the light during the time he was in the hospital in HBP after being poisoned… the fact that he avoided Lavender by feigning sleep and asked if Hermione was going to come by to visit... He was starting to get a clue then, and did not fight it when Lavender ditched him because she misunderstood what was going on with him and Hermione. Then at the funeral, we see Ron comforting her, which, to be honest, I think he would have been nervous to do before this point. Then he is the one who steps up first (take note, David Yates) and promises Harry that they will go with him to find the Horcruxes, leaving school and risking their lives. This is a Ron that is beginning to do some growing up.

Then, at the beginning of DH, Fred and George give him The Book. No, not the Bible, but the one that will begin to give him some ideas, some clarity, and some much-needed confidence. When he shares it with Harry, he says that had he had the book last year, he would have known how to get rid of Lavender and get things going with… hmm, so this means he would have liked to pursue Hermione last year, but did not know how. We then see him tackling Harry in order to be the one to comfort Hermione any time she is crying (which is a lot). Then he compliments her decorating (as per the book, Harry thinks), and says she looks great at the wedding. This is not the Ron of the Yule Ball, you must agree. This Ron sees Viktor Krum, and while just as jealous as ever, steps up before it is too late and asks Hermione to dance before Krum gets any ideas. Even Harry tells Krum that they are “sort of” together. (LOL--bewildered Harry)

Later on, Harry thinks they might have fallen asleep holding hands at Grimmauld Place, but we don’t know this for sure. Ron offers to lie about Hermione being a part of his family in order to protect her, and then tries to talk her out of going to the Ministry for the same reason. He is scared for her safety.

Ron flips out with jealousy under the influence of the Horcrux, but then (unintentionally) reveals the whole of his feelings for Hermione to Harry when the Horcrux is destroyed. Harry explains how things have been, assures Ron he is not interested in Hermione… and he does this, why? Because while Harry may have only suspected it before, he can see from what just happened that Ron is in love with her. (YES!)

This is turning into a novel, so I will skip over some other examples…

...and cut to Malfoy Manor, where there can be no doubt of his very grown-up, non-clueless feelings for his best friend. Their friendship may have been "born in childhood", but children grow up. And this connection has grown to the point where there is no discernable difference from the agony Hermione experiences here to that which Ron experiences in the cellar. One is physical, the other emotional… but both are screaming from the agony.

It’s true that their relationship peaks in the RoR with that kiss, but I imagine it the first of many, many peaks and valleys, the same as any other long-term relationship. And of course they would have had much to talk through, as you have suggested. But while these two have a lot of superficial differences in personality… Ron is silly, loves to play Quidditch, and dislikes schoolwork, and Hermione is the opposite. But they are both loyal to a fault, brave, commited to friends and family beyond anything else… and who else could they ever be with that would understand all they had been through together?

In conclusion… (the entire forum breathes a sigh of relief) Yes, I think they belong together, and I definitely do not think Ron is clueless (unless we are talking about the 14 year old Ron). I think he is quite a catch by the time he is, in fact, caught.

If anyone read to the bottom, I'm sure it's a miracle. Sorry, but I just feel so passionately about this pairing, I couldn't help but answer.
    Lovely banner by Nadia

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    Hatching Dragon's Eggs
    I realise that this is old stuff now but I was drawn here by Lori's neat assessment of why (and how) Ron has matured. As for this.

Quote Originally Posted by PineappleDaquiri
    I have a question, don't know if this is the right place to put it, but here:

I'm writing a fic where Ron and Hermione get rather close, if you know what I mean. I know it's not typically in character for Hermione to be suggestive, but would it be possible for her to imply certain things, or use some innuendo around Ron in a sexual situation? For example, here is an excerpt from a chapter I am currently writing:

Hermione retrieved his shirt for him off the floor and handed it to him. “You know, they say the longer you wait... the better it is.”

“It?”

“It.”

Halp ?
    I've tried to write one of these myself. It's called Spontaneity, Hermione can (I think) be suggestive.

N

First Competition Banner I've won. For: Killers

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    Arguing With The Sorting Hat
    Quote Originally Posted by Northumbrian View Post
    I've tried to write one of these myself. It's called Spontaneity, Hermione can (I think) be suggestive.
    Um, well, I'm not sure if this sample is very in-character for Hermione. She isn't particularly flirtatious, and I think that the sample you provided seems more in-character for Ginny or even Tonks as opposed to Hermione.