Thread: Night time strolls

padfootsgirl1981

Night time strolls

Hi! I was wondering, when the Marauders used to spend the full moons with Remus did they used to stay out all night? What I really want to know is did they sleep over in the Shrieking Shack?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Mistletoe
    Well, the way I see it is that Remus would always be taken to the Shrieking Shack by Madame Pomfrey to transform. After dark, the other three would sneak over under the cloak then transform in the tunnel and go into the shack to be with Remus.

Sometimes they would stay in the shack and play around, sometimes they would go into the Forbidden Forrest. As far as I am concerned the reason they became Animagi was so they could be with him for his full transformations... and I don't think much sleeping was done.

LucillaJoanna
    They don't sleep over, they wander. That's how they got to know so much about Hogsmeade. At first, of course, they stayed cloistered in the Shrieking Shack because it's not safe to let Remus out. But as time passed, their company and camaraderie as animals calmed the werewolf enough to give them confidence to go out.

I agree with Mistletoe that not much sleeping is done. But they transform before going to the tunnel, as they need Peter's rat self to freeze the Whomping Willow.

~Joanna

star_sailor
    I don't think much sleeping was done.

I agree with Katherine, because I mean c'mon, Remus is a werewolf, and werewolves only do their business while the moon is out, AKA: all night long. The others wanted to be there for Remus while he was dealing with his lycanthropy, so they would no doubt accompany him all night, and probably lead werewolf-Remus back to the Shrieking Shack before he transformed back to human form at the end of the night. And besides, what fun was there in just checking up on Remus; there would be so much sense of adventure in wandering the area with a real wild werewolf.

But they transform before going to the tunnel, as they need Peter's rat self to freeze the Whomping Willow.

But as Joanna points out, I think it was much easier for them to transform and make their way to the Shrieking Shack. I could see them using the invisibility cloak until they left the building, but nobody would think twice about seeing a stray dog, a stag, or a rat on the grounds (though I'm sure it'd look a little odd if they were all together).

emmaholloway
    I imagine they would be a bit confused to see a stag running across hogwarts grounds. They're not very common, are they??

apollo13
    No, they're not, especially in Scotland.

To be honest, I don't think anyone would see - mainly, because I think that they would leave the castle when it was dark, and people generally wouldn't be looking out the windows. If they were, I get the impression that the only windows they would look out of would be very high up, so they probably wouldn't even notice or recognise a stag. I don't think you need to worry about it too much.

I agree that I doubt they slept at all!!

~Evie

padfootsgirl1981
    Thanks, everyone! That's pretty much what I thought anyway.

Mods: I've gotten what I need from this thread, please feel free to lock and grave .