Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Slytherins Sneak In...

starkllr
    And so we continuue...

Harry, Ron, Remus, Tonks and Hermione waited in front of the house. It was barely five minutes before Sirius came bounding out, followed by Moody.

“All settled!” Sirius said, grinning broadly. Moody scowled, muttered under his breath, and walked off, waving his wand and whispering spells.

Sirius too was waving his wand and muttering, and, suddenly, the tiny patch of grass in front of Grimmauld Place expanded. It grew for almost a minute, and as the onlookers marveled, a single hoop zoomed up fifty feet high on either end. “One Quidditch Pitch, as promised,” Sirius said, beaming.
    97 words this time! Go Slytherin!

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    Ginny stared up towards the goals with a blank look in her eyes. Harry approached her.
    “What’s wrong, Ginny?”
    She shrugged and muttered, “I guess that makes me referee? Tonks called my name to play initially but then Hermione was brought in... Where does that leave me?”
    Harry placed one arm around her shoulder in a brotherly manner and brought her to the group.
    “Hey guys, I think we forgot one of our key players. How about we make an adjustment?”
    Hermione perked up, “She can have my spot!”
    “Not so fast,” Tonks smiled. “We still need a referee.”
    *99 words*

Weee can doooooo iiiiiiiiiit. I live for crunch time... Go us.
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

starkllr
    Go go go Slytherin!

“I don’t know how to be a referee!”

“It’s simple, Hermione,” Ginny said, grinning. “You open the chest to launch the balls, and you make sure nobody kills anyone. That’s it.”

With that, Ginny launched herself into the air, followed by the rest of the players. She shouted down to Hermione, “Any time now!”

As the players circled above her, Hermione pointed her wand at the chest. “Alohomora!” The chest burst open, and two Bludgers, a Quaffle and the Snitch flew out.

The game was on.
    a short one this time...86 words

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    The chest flew open and, as Hermione prepared to step away, she heard a shout.

“Hermione, DUCK!” Ron yelled. He watched as the Quaffle leapt from the case and flew in a tight spiral towards the players on their brooms and out of sight.

Confused, Hermione took the chance and glanced towards Ron’s voice. She saw as the golden Snitch fell from the heavens straight towards her head. Curious, she reached up and grasped it, holding it in Harry’s direction with a questionable look on her face.

“Harry? I think something is wrong.”

Sirius watched the scene curiously from above.
    *100 words that I can very easily change if needed.*

Banner by SimplyBeing

apollo13
    “Hermione!” exclaimed Harry, outraged. “Let the snitch go!”

Flustered, Hermione did just that, only to have the Snitch ram into her head once again. She swatted it away with a hand, and it pelted off in the other direction. Satisfied, she turned back to the box, only to see the Bludgers still perfectly still in the case.

“Er… aren’t they meant to fly off and knock you all off your brooms?” she asked cautiously, rather worried that if she touched them, they would leap up and hit her in the face.
    91 words. Come on, fellow Slyths!! Let's win this match!

~Evie

starkllr
    Keeping right along...

The Snitch zoomed straight at Harry, faster than he had ever seen one move before. He barely avoided being hit in the face, but a horrible crack and an anguished yelp told him that Tonks hadn't been so lucky.

He spun around and he saw she was barely keeping control of her broom, and an ugly bruise was already forming on her forehead.

At the same time, the rest of the players were vainly searching for the Quaffle, which was flying under its own power in a maddening, zig-zagging path.

“What the hell is going on?” Harry shouted.
    98 words this time. Let's go Slytherin!

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Ron flew swiftly with Sirius to Tonks for a team huddle

Harry joined Remus with Ginny not too far behind. They needed a plan. Harry was obviously confused.

“I am open to any and all suggestions on how to get some control in this game. Not to mention winning it.” The three of them watched behind one another, making sure they did not get hit by the rogue equipment.

Remus laughed. “Well, you and Ron get to test your theories, Harry. Do you think you can hack it as a Chaser or would you rather deal with the uncooperative Snitch?
    *100 words*
    The end is near for this challenge... dun, dun, dun. *creepy music*

Banner by SimplyBeing

starkllr
    Keeping it going...

“I’ll Chase,” Harry said. “Remus, you keep that Snitch off our backs, and Ginny…”

“Catch the Quaffle. Got it!”

They broke the huddle, just as Ron and his team did. Sirius called down to Hermione, “Toss that Bludger up! It won’t hurt you!”

With some hesitation, Hermione did as she was instructed. Harry caught it and headed straight for the opposing goal, Remus closely behind him in an effort to ward off the rogue Snitch.
    A short one this time, 75 words!

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    We will prevail... if it kills me in the process, even.

Remus flew as fast as his broom would carry and hit the Snitch in a direction away from Harry’s head. Below, Tonks was catching up with determination in her eyes.

Ron ducked as the Quaffle zoomed by him, missing his head by mere inches and once again as his sister passed behind him in pursuit. He was taking his aim at the incoming Snitch when he heard a yell from below.

“Ten points to Harry’s team!”

Ron noticed Tonks hanging from the goal, her robes apparently stuck after one too many circles around the post while catching up with Harry.
    *100 words*
    yeah. word.
    [/dorkiness]

Banner by SimplyBeing

starkllr
    We're almost there!

Ron shouted as the rogue Snitch hit him in the back, nearly knocking him off his broom. “Where did you get these bloody balls from?” he yelled at Sirius as the old Marauder shot past him.

As he barely avoided colliding with Remus, Sirius answered back, “I don’t - oh, no!”

At the same moment, Remus spun in mid-air and flew back towards Sirius. “You didn’t!” he called out.

“We did,” Sirius replied, but before he could explain further the Snitch caught him in the arm, and everyone in the air could hear the snap of bones as it hit.
    100 words exactly, too!