Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Slytherins Sneak In...

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Hermione, you're a girl!

Slytherins Sneak In...

Better late than never, I always say...

The mood in the kitchen of Number Twelve Grimmauld Place was somber. There were Order members in and out all day and everywhere people went, there was talk about Voldemort and his Death Eaters. On one such day, just as Remus was about to comment on the Order's current discussion, the sound of bickering was heard in the next room. Anxious to get away from the tension in the kitchen, he opened the door to see what was going on. He was greeted by the sight of Ron and Harry in a heated discussion.
    *94 words*
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

starkllr
    Let's go Slytherins!

Well, here we go...

“Don’t be stupid, Ron! Everyone has their job to do, that’s how it works!”

Remus was joined by Sirius, who’d also been drawn to the sound of raised voices. “You’ve only been playing a couple of years, you don’t know!” Ron replied. “The best players can play more than one position, everyone knows that!”

Sirius laughed, relieved that the disagreement was only over Quidditch and not life-or-death matters. “James and I used to have exactly the same argument. For what it’s worth, Ron, I agree with you.”

“Some godfather you are,” Harry said, glaring at Sirius.
    96 words.

apollo13
    “Well, to be honest, I agree with Harry,” said Remus idly, hiding a small smile as he went to sit down.

Harry grinned. “Thank you! See, Ron? See?”

“What do you know about Quidditch?” asked Ron, completely ignoring Harry.

“He knows nothing,” interrupted Sirius. “The best players can play every position – it used to drive James mad when a player couldn’t take part in a match and no one could substitute for them. It was always-” Sirius adopted a high-pitched, whiny voice, “Oh, I can’t play that position, I only play Beater.”
    92 words - come on, Slytherins! Lets pwn this match!

~Evie

starkllr
    Keeping it going...

“There’s only one way to settle this,” Harry said.

“That’s the first sensible thing you’ve said today,” Ron retorted. “Sirius, there must a Quidditch set somewhere in this house?”

Sirius grinned, but before he could get a word in, Remus shook his head. “Are you mad? With Voldemort,” and as he said the name everyone but Harry winced, “back, and the Death Eaters prowling everywhere, you want to fly around outside and make yourselves targets? No!”

“There are a dozen Aurors guarding the house, Remus,” Sirius replied. “Surely they can provide security for an hour of Quidditch!”
    97 words this time!

- James

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Hermione, you're a girl!
    Ohhhhh... I'll try this next part.

Sirius seemed to be lost in thought when an idea came to mind.
    “I’ll be right back. Don’t kill each other while I am gone.”

Sirius left the room and jogged upstairs with a sudden spring in his step. ‘If it’s still where I left it, this day might actually be worthwhile,’ he thought.

Minutes later Sirius appeared at the foot of the stairs. He was levitating a trunk which, judging by the layer of dust on top, appeared not to have been touched by human hands in a generation.

Ron looked hopeful. “Is that what I think it is?”
    *100 words*

Banner by SimplyBeing

starkllr
    Keeping it moving...

Go, go, go Slytherin!

“You didn’t steal that from Hogwarts?” Remus asked incredulously.

“Borrowed. Well, borrowed indefinitely without permission,” Sirius answered. “But that’s ancient history. It’s here now. And for a place to play, there’s a spell Regulus and I used to do when we were kids, to expand the front yard. It takes two people to do it properly, so you’ll need to help me, Remus.”

“There’s still security to consider,” Remus protested.

“I’ll go talk to Moody,” Harry said, excitement building in his voice. “This is just what we all need! And,” he added, “we’ll see I’m right and Ron is wrong!”
    100 words!

- James

apollo13
    “Who’s wrong?” called a voice. Everyone turned around as Tonks bounced cheerfully in.

“Hey, Tonks – fancy a game of Quidditch?” asked Sirius, grinning. Tonks blinked and stared at the Quidditch kit in front of him.

“I… what… where did you get that? And where are you going to play Quidditch here anyway?”

Remus cast a reproachful look over at Sirius, who was grinning all the more broadly. “Sirius got the Quidditch set on permanent loan from Hogwarts, and he seems to be under the impression that we can risk security to solve a simple argument.”
    95 words. Thanks for the PM, Nicole - it gave me a little nudge to be a bit more involved.

~Evie

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Hermione, you're a girl!
    *huggles Evie*

A slow smile crept across Tonks’ face.
    “Good enough for me! Who else?” She looked around at the people gathered around her. Pointing, she muttered, “Ron and Harry, obviously. Ginny... and of course my cousin must play so I can knock his ego down a few notches.”
    There was a collective laugh from those listening. Suddenly, another voice was heard.
    “I’ll play if Hermione does.”
    Hermione looked over to see Remus looking at a particularly interesting branch on a tree, whistling.
    “Excuse me?” she shrieked.
    Remus pointed guiltily to Ron who slipped him a Knut. Hermione did not look amused.
    *100 on the nose*
    50 characters blah blah blah

Banner by SimplyBeing

Pepper Imp
    *zooms in on a broom and promptly slips, but manages not to fall*

"Oh, come on Hermione!" Ron called, fingering the money in his pocket."Please."

Hermione's expression softened as she watched Ron contort his face into one resembling a young puppy. "Oh, all right, Ron. But you owe me!"

Remus allowed himself a small smile.

Tonks retook control of the situation. "Okay, so we're flying with Harry, Ron, Hermione, Sirius, Remus, and myself. Should we find other players, or just continue on?"

The rest of the group shrugged.

“All right, then: Harry, Remus, and Hermione are on one team, and Sirius, Ron and myself on the other. Is that okay with everyone?”
    *99 words*

apollo13
    There was a mummer of approval, and everyone wandered off to get their brooms.

“We meet again in the garden!” shouted Sirius over his shoulder. “I’ll get Mad-eye to sort out the security!”

Remus went into the hallway to get his broom. He had flown here with Tonks, both of them much preferring it to Apparating. He could fly reasonably well, but he had never been much good at Quidditch.

He remembered vaguely that Tonks was known to be a pretty good Chaser, and his insides squirmed uncomfortably. Quite why, he couldn’t be sure.
    Couldn't resist a bit of Remus/Tonks there!

~Evie