Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Musical Thoughts Challenge Round Robin

Ebil Gato Loco Ravenclaw
    He's The Dog... He's An Animagus...

Musical Thoughts Challenge Round Robin

A musical box has been charmed by Merlin himself to bleep in and out of time and show itself to whoever needs it the most.

Whenever it is found and opened, it plays music in accordance to the feelings of whoever picked it up. The music reveals a bit about the person to the person that's holding it, and after it is done, it disappears only to reappear at another point in time in the Wizarding world history.
    This is a challenge Round Robin.

For those of you not familiar with round robins, it's a story that is written by several writers who in essence, 'take turns' writing it.

In other words, let's say Gato Loco writes the first drabble in which Draco hears "Beethoven's 5th" and explains why he hears it and then poof the box disappears. The next writer should pick up the story from there and continue it. Got it, get it? Good!

If you choose to participate, follow the rules:

1. All drabbles must be less than 150 words.
    2. All drabbles are subject to normal MNFF submission standards
    3. Play nice and follow the prompt.

Mith and I will award points as we see fit.

~Mith and Gato Loco

I've left moddom/fandom...though don't be surprised if I get caught lurking once in a blue moon.
    All questions pertinent to Ravenclaw need to be sent to ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    If you wish to keep in touch, feel free to friend me on LJ - I don't friend anyone under the age of 18. Sorry!

Otherwise, so long, and thanks for all the fish!

FlightofthePhoenix
    Wow, sudden burst of inspiration from the song I happen to be listening to. I don't own these lyrics of course, they belong to Avril Lavigne.

George stopped, his sorrowful eyes fixed upon a small, wooden box that sat upon the perfectly made bed; Fred’s old bed. He hung back from it, curious to its sudden appearance. It looked innocent enough though. He stepped forwards, cautiously and took it carefully in two hands. He flipped the silver latch and the box opened. For a moment, George peered into the box, disappointed at the emptiness, but then soft, sweet music began to play and a young girl’s voice filled the room

“I've never felt this way before
    Everything that I do
    Reminds me of you
    And the clothes you left
    they lie on my floor
    And they smell just like you.”

George’s eyes swelled up with hot tears at the words. In a few sentences, it explained how he felt ever since Fred died.

“I miss you, Fred.”

He closed the musical box and it disappeared.
    149 words!

I thought that that little verse from 'When You're Gone' by Avril Lavigne, George could relate to. I know I can, ever since my Nan passed away a few months ago. I'd say or do something and go, "That reminds me of something Nan did."

Great prompt guys! Whose's next?

~Nicole

I_LUV_MOONY
    Inspiration hath struck!

“No!” shouted Sirius hoarsely. “They’re not...”

But inside Sirius knew that they were. Lord Voldemort had killed James and Lily, two of his best friends in the world. Someone had leaked to the Dark Lord.

“Peter,” growled Sirius.

The little rat had betrayed them. After all they had done for them, and he had betrayed them. How could he call himself a Marauder?

Sirius didn’t dwell on this, because his attention had been diverted to a small wooden box that had appeared next to him on his bed. He looked at it curiously and opened it. Part of a song trickled out of it softly.

If everyone cared and nobody cried
    If everyone loved and nobody lied
    If everyone shared and swallowed their pride
    Then we'd see the day when nobody died

“So true,” muttered Sirius. “So true.”

And the little music box disappeared right before his eyes.
    148 words! It was orginally 160, but one must abide by the limits. I hope I did this wonderful prompt justice. The song is If Everyone Cared by Nickelback.

The Marauding Cupcake
    Every muscle in his body ached immensely and his head pounded: the full moon was only a night away and yet Remus walked.

He had been back in his life for only a short while, filling the emptiness that had been left so many years ago, only to be ripped away again. Loneliness was his only friend now.

With a heavy heart Remus found himself in front of number twelve, Grimmauld Place. A box waited on the top stair of the entrance, a melody floated out upon his opening it:

Everywhere I go
    Every smile I see
    I know you are there
    Smilin back at me
    Dancin in moonlight
    I know you are free
    Cuz I can see your star
    Shinin down on me

Somewhere in the distance a dog barked and the box disappeared. Remus tipped his head back with a smile and searched the night sky.

“Thanks.”
    Word count: 149

*squees with delight!* For years, everytime I heard Janet Jackson's Together Again I thought of Sirius Black! So, here is my contribution - it's my first round-robin, so I hope it's OK. Lyrics courtesy of lyricsmania.

hermybabay82
    After crying all she could for Fred at that moment, Ginny dried her tears. The one person that she needed the most was gone. He had just disappeared into thin air. Where was Harry?

Turning and walking out of the Great Hall, she found the front doors open. A small mahogany box sitting directly in the middle of the doorway. Ginny picked it up and opened it.

Look into my eyes and you will see
    What you mean to me
    Search your heart, search your soul
    And when you find me there you'll search no more

Don't tell me it's not worth trying for
    You can't tell me it's not worth dying for
    You know it's true
    Everything I do, I do it for you

At that moment she knew, he had gone into the forest to meet his fate. Her heart swelled with emotion again.

"Oh, Harry," she whispered.

__________________________________________________ ____

**SQUEE** Exactly 150 words! That was so hard to do because I am so long winded when I write! The song is (Everything I Do) I Do It For You by Bryan Adams. This takes place around the same time Harry has left the castle to enter the forrest.

Love_is_4ever
    Here I go...

Little Teddy was asleep, most likely dreaming of another world, a better world. He looked so peaceful, and I wanted more than anything for him to stay that way; not knowing the tragedy life had put upon his little shoulders.

About to leave, unable to gather the strength to keep on, I notice a small box standing on a table. Upon opening it, music comes out of it…

Hold on, it will forsake you
    Threaten to break you, take what you got…

Everybody laughs, everybody cries
    Sure it could hurt you baby, but give it a lil try
    See that’s the thing about love…

Friends sometimes will blind you,
    Sneak up behind you, you can’t give enough…

Then life, it will embrace you,
    Totally amaze you, so you don’t give up…

Silent tears and a small smile appear on my face; I feel them with me, and the box disappears.
    150 words exactly... Was I allowed to write it in first person? If not, changing it to third person is very easy and doesn't affect the word count... This is from Andromeda's POV, after she learns Lupin and Tonks died in the war, although I think is a bit confusing after the edits I had to make... Great prompt by the way!

Oh! And the song is "The Thing About Love" by Alicia Keys

~ Samarie

kathyhermy123
    Harry groaned. How would he do it? Proposing was much easier said than done. Then again, he mused, saying and doing was pretty much the same thing.

He smiled when he saw a quaint little box in the corner of Ginny's small pink bedroom. It sat in the only corner of the room not flooded with the glorious summer sun. The paint was peeling, and it looked very fragile. He was surprised when, slowly, the little music box opened.

It's all about you
    It's all about you
    It's all about you, baby
    It's all about...
    It's all about you.

How cute, he thought. He heard Ginny’s laughter ringing through the house as she headed up the stairs. Rather cheesy, perhaps, but it must belong to Ginny. Any girl would love hearing those words.

Suddenly Harry realized what he could say.

"Ginerva Weasley, my life is all about you."
    Well, someone had to do a happy one!

149 words, by the way. *phew*

~Kathy

katrin4p
    Hermione sighed as she thought of what she had done to her parents. It was for their safety, she told herself. Suddenly, her eyes landed on a small music box resting on her desk. Getting up from her bed, she went over to the little box and opened it.

Seems like it was yesterday when I saw your face
    You told me how proud you were but I walked away
    If only I knew what I know today

I would hold you in my arms
    I would take the pain away
    Thank you for all you've done
    Forgive all your mistakes
    There's nothing I wouldn't do
    To hear your voice again
    Sometimes I want to call you
    But I know you won't be there

I'm sorry for blaming you
    For everything I just couldn't do
    And I've hurt myself, by hurting you.

Sighing, Hermione knew it was true.
    --

Whew! 148 words (counted by Q10)!

Song: Hurt
    Artist: Christina Aguilera

I felt like writing something about how Hermione felt for doing that to her parents. I mean, no one feels calm and peaceful after doing something like that.

~Ana~

red haired mom
    Severus Snape was shaking with fear and rage. The Dark Lord had just said whom he would be going to kill. Lily and her family.

Seeing a small box on the ground, while waiting for Albus Dumbledore, he picked it up. Opening the lid, he heard,

My mother said there’s only one way
    Sweet angel boy narrow and straight
    Time it has passed teachings they fade
    Now her angel boy has gone astray

I’ve held the hand of the devil
    felt his breath on my skin
    Dip me into the water wash me again
    Can I still be forgiven for all of
    these things
    Or have I gone to far now
    have I lost my wings

He had already thought to warn Lily, but now he knew he needed to make amends. He would spy or do whatever Dumbledore asked him to do.
    Someone needed to do Snape, and his redemption.

Song- Angel Boy
    Artist- Tim McGraw

Word Count- 143

Someone had already taken my two favorite songs, so you got Country in this one.

~Wendy

PorcelainRose
    Fleur checked her reflection in the mirror for the umpteenth time. Today was her wedding day, the best day of her life. She looked angelic in her pretty dress; hopefully Bill would think so too.

Something caught her eye in the mirror, it appeared to be a little brown box. Fleur turned on her heel and walk over to the stool it was set upon and crouched down to open it. The box appeared to be singing to her…

See the pretty girl in that mirror there:
    Who can that attractive girl be?
    Such a pretty face,
    Such a pretty dress,
    Such a pretty smile,
    Such a pretty me!

I feel stunning
    And entrancing,
    Feel like running and dancing for joy,
    For I'm loved
    By a pretty wonderful boy!

“‘Zat iz too true,” she thought aloud. “‘Too true.”
    Before she could ask for an encore the box had disappeared.
    “Hm. ‘Ow odd?”
    The song is "I feel pretty" from west side story.
    I thought it suited her well, and it's 149 words.