Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Luna Lovegood

iamlordvoldemort

Luna question

We never get to meet Luna until the fifth book. So what was she up to during her first four years at Hogwarts? Well I have this idea, but I'm not sure if it's realistic. Do you think it would make sense for Luna to literally have no fear, more in the sense of, no boggart? Like, it comes up to her and just disappears. I want to write a fic in which she befriends the boggart in Lupin's classroom, but I want to get some second opinions before I start. If Luna did have a boggart, what would it be?

~Anna~

Raffles
    Hello =)

Your idea of Luna befriending the boggart sounds really... Luna-ish^^ However I can't see her having no fears at all. Also if the boggart just disappeared, then she couldn't befriend it could she...

One thing she can be afraid of is maybe (like Mrs. Weasley) the few friends that she has, dying or being hurt. (Maybe not dying as when being questioned about her mother she said "And anyway, itís not as though Iíll never see Mum again, is it?".

Another thing she could be scared of is some sort of made up creature. A Wrackspurt or a Blibbering Humdinger for example. When the boggart turns into said creature her curiosity could overthrow her fear and she wants to get to know the creature.

Hmm... maybe it could even turn into a Crumple-Horned Snorkack which she was terrified of before, (maybe her dad told her some creepy stories) and then she sees that it isn't so scary.

Well these are just some ideas. Hope I helped, if even just a bit.

~Raffles

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Hmm... maybe it could even turn into a Crumple-Horned Snorkack which she was terrified of before, (maybe her dad told her some creepy stories) and then she sees that it isn't so scary.
    Or that the Boggart know this fear, but just has no idea what it is because Luna has never seen one either. Then it just gets confused and for the rest of her life, Luna doesn't understand why everyone is so afraid of Boggarts.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Dinx_Skylarx
    I tried to write a Luna Boggart scene a while ago, i couldn't get it to work, her fears where stupid. Not Luna stupid, but actual stupidness, i finally came up with the idea that Luna's weirdness comes from the point of wanting to be seen.
    Other's may argue this by saying her dad drummed it into her and she actually believes it, but let's go with my example or a second.
    If Luna is afraid of not being seen then the boggart wouldn't be anything, but she wouldn't be scared because her classmates are still there, so does the boggart have the power to make everyone dissapear, so then i said the boggart could just make her blind, she can't see people seeing her.
    If you think about Luna+Boggart too long your head will asplode, i'd say Luna's fear would be...

Fear that she knows everything, since she believes in things that have no proof.

DracoGurlFurever
    I have an idea: if Luna was actually most afraid of a Crumple-Horned Snorkack, and the Boggart didn't know what it looked like because it, um, doesn't exist, then maybe the Boggart could just become completely transparent?

The thing is, I think it still would surround Luna with an atmosphere of fear, if that makes sense. I think Luna would still feel afraid (the way Harry does when he sees Dementors) even if the rest of the class thinks she has no Boggart because they can't see anything there. I think Luna, in a lot of ways, is like Harry - the thing she would be most afraid of would be fear itself...

iamlordvoldemort
    the thing she would be most afraid of would be fear itself...
    Fear itself... that's a good point. Maybe the boggart, being a metaphor for "fear", would turn into whatever it's true form is when somebody isn't looking at it.

Would that make more sense?

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    I too like the idea of Luna befriending the Boggart...

Anyway, as for what her Boggart would be, I don't really think it would be anything physical. Rather, it would be conceptual, in my opinion, but I have no idea how the Boggart would represent an idea.

So, as for what Luna would fear, I think something like running out of questions and answers, apathy, indifference, or things like that. I don't know how a Boggart would represent that... perhaps it would turn itself into a boring version of herself? I have no idea.

Tim the Enchanter

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Rescued by Gred and Forge...er, Fred and George
    Luna's mother died when she's a kid, and that's quite a scary thing to happen... What's more, she seems quite attached to her father. Plenty of room for scary things there.

BB

banner by my mystery banner maker! :O

Profile on the Archives

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Sainyn Swiftfoot
    Luna's mother died when she's a kid, and that's quite a scary thing to happen... What's more, she seems quite attached to her father. Plenty of room for scary things there.

BB
    Hmm... that's something I had completely forgotten about. That's a possibility for a Boggart form. However, Luna doesn't seem to be the kind of person who would dwell on her mother's death, though. She's put it behind her as far as we know, but we don't really know how it has affected her, really.

Tim the Enchanter

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    I agree. When Luna mentioned her mother's death, she didn't seem terribly emotional about. Not in the sense that she is cold and callus, but more in the sense that she has moved on from her state of grief into one of acceptance.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!