Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Luna Lovegood

cinnamonapple
    Well I didn't mean random, just odd, and occasionally funny stuff.
    Thanks, this will help a lot!
    Oh yeah, does anybody know what her husband looks like, or do I basically have free reign?

Inverarity
    Rowling has never said anything about what Rolf Scamander looks like, so his appearance is up to you.

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Although, I do imagine that Rolf would be a stabilizing presence in Luna's life. If he did everything he could to encourage her wild lifestyle, I doubt she would have settled down enough to start a family.

For some reason, I have always imagine Rolf as having brown hair, blue eyes, and a beard. Don't ask me why. I hope it helps though.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

weasleywannabe47
    Would it be believable for Luna to be a slightly stern professor?
    Not McGonnagall strict, more like Flitwick steict.

Inverarity
    Quote Originally Posted by weasleywannabe47
    Would it be believable for Luna to be a slightly stern professor?
    Not McGonnagall strict, more like Flitwick steict.
    I don't think she'd be "strict" in the usual sense, but she'd have her own way of commanding attention and getting students to behave.

Two students are goofing off in the back of her class. Luna wanders over.

"You must be talking about something very interesting!"

They look abashed. "Er, no, Professor."

"Oh, then you must not be very interested in my class. I'm sorry. Would you like to go to the Headmistress's office and ask if you can take another class instead?" (All spoken in a perfectly innocent, conversational tone.)

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    I don't think she'd be "strict" in the usual sense, but she'd have her own way of commanding attention and getting students to behave.

Two students are goofing off in the back of her class. Luna wanders over.

"You must be talking about something very interesting!"

They look abashed. "Er, no, Professor."

"Oh, then you must not be very interested in my class. I'm sorry. Would you like to go to the Headmistress's office and ask if you can take another class instead?" (All spoken in a perfectly innocent, conversational tone.)
    Oh, yes! This is definantly the Luna we all know and love. I have always thought she be the really strange, unconvential teacher that we have all had at some point in our lives.

Not that this is a bad thing. I have always felt I have learned the most from teachers who refused to 'play by the book'. One of my favorites was a lit professor who was honestly insane; one of those "The government is lying to you, they use religion to control the poor, burn the White House!" type of teachers.

God, those were good times.

Brand New Story!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Roonil_Wazlib125

Question Luna

I think that Luna is really, really cool! She really, really rocks!

I also find Luna hard to write. She is one of those characters with two sides to her. Sometimes, I want to put something weird and ditzy, but other times, I have to put the truth and deep questions. You can figure out what she says by thinking about questions she's asked in the books and how she responds.

I think Luna would be really open with her feelings. I'm sure that if she liked someone, she would try a million things to make them like her back. If those things didn't work, she would probably come right out and say it. And in a relationship, if something was wrong, she would immediately point it out. That could get on a lot of boy's nerves, but I think that there will be a boy one day who will be really grateful for her.

Luna, as a teacher, probably wouldn't be strict, but really blunt about her student's behavior. If she didn't like it, she would probably make a very serious, but funny comment about it. Something deep too.

LUNA ROCKS!!!

Roonil_Wazlib125
    Annmarie Mullen
    Luna+Neville=True Love!!!

Third Year Slytherin
    Bumper Cars in Gringotts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roonil_Wazlib125
    I also find Luna hard to write. She is one of those characters with two sides to her. Sometimes, I want to put something weird and ditzy, but other times, I have to put the truth and deep questions. You can figure out what she says by thinking about questions she's asked in the books and how she responds.
    I disagree with this. I don't think Luna is ever 'ditzy.' I find the easiest approach to Luna's character is to have her act totally sincere. That's my general rule of thumb.

Luna equals sincerity.

Smiles,
    Luna Natashi

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    I find the easiest approach to Luna's character is to have her act totally sincere. That's my generla rule of thumb.

Luna equals sincerity.
    In a way, this is what makes Luna so much fun to write. Can you imagine her in Potions class with Professor Snape? I'll bet she was the only student who could ever leave him speechless. It's a shame we never got to see them interact more in the books.

Brand New Story!

Dinx_Skylarx
    Okay, my head tells me Luna is the best most philisophical person in the HP books, she even outsmarts Dumbledore.
    But psychology tells me that Luna is a compulsive liar, to pretend to be intelligent she makes things up and goes to great lengths to get people to believe her, she is also acting up to her 'looney' name, when someone is called something longe enough they tend to think they are.

Most of my life i have been told i am a smart guy from my mum, but at school i was bullied for being weird, i am kind of like Luna in some ways, always speaking my mind and coming up with ideas that seem perfectly plausible. After a while of being called weird, i started acting it, just to make people happy. Now i am still weird, talking to myself and stuff, but when someone tries to poke fun at me i laugh it off, the best thing that can happen in my day is someone trying to take the micky out of me.

I see Luna as the best girl in the world, but what i have learnt tells me different, Luna can be different from everyones point of view.

Oh, and her son being gay would be so funny...........

"Mum, i've got something i need to tell you."

Luna doesn't quite look at her son but replies "What is it?"

"Umm, well last year at Hogwarts i met this guy. And we kissed."

"So your gay." Luna said bluntly.

The boy was shocked and hangs his head, "Yes."

Luna just stares into space for a second, her brow wrinkles a little, it wrinkles some more, finally, she says "Ow."