Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Luna Lovegood

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    McGonagall Likes My Quidditch Skills
    I can see Luna comforting her dad just as she comforts and encourages Harry to produce a Patronus (DH). If there is a funeral she'd probably pat a grieving close relative or family friend to the arm and say something like, "Oh, don't be sad" with the innocent expression of a nin year old.

Follow Azhure's lead on how she might say something extraordinary about her mum not having gone away forever.

Luna is described in the books to have 'straggly' and 'waist-length' hair. It makes me so sad to think that the possible reason for this that she didnt have a mother who would comb her hair every morning and tie or style them. Try to get this point across. Show Luna having trouble getting her hair brushed the next morning. She's a young girl standing in front of the mirror, pulling the brush through her hair, but unable to manage them. She's nine, but she's had her hair done by her mother every morning before, but not today. The tangles wont go. Luna is upset.

She approached Xeno, but the poor man has never done this once in his life. You could show Luna looking up at him expectantly, and watching Xeno's worried and concerned and surprised face.

You can show Lune creeping in the room where her mother died, and touching or looking around things that broke because of the spell backfiring. Luna might graze her hand over a broken something. Involve Xeno into it, and show him being a bit angry about Luna being not careful. Express Luna's confusion about the way her father suddenly behaved.

Xeno is in shock, and he is grieving. He also has the sole responsibilty of a nine year old child. He's scared and concerned.

But Luna cannot understand his state of mind. To her, like any other nine-year old, death just means going away, but not permanently. All you need is to express that confusion. Write with your hand, think with her mind.

Perhaps at night, you could show Luna having a nightmare, like sound of a spell backfiring. Luna could wake up, alone in her room and cry softly, hugging herself.

*sobs*

That made me sad. Seriously, its all about getting the emotions right. Choosing the right words and the correct descrption.

Hope I helped.

Akay

"Same story, different versions, and all are true."
    - Tia Dalma, Pirates of the Caribbean II

Lovely banner by ze bean and avatar from the brilliant
    LJ home of mrserinreynolds

deviantART page here

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    McGonagall Likes My Quidditch Skills
    I can see Luna comforting her dad just as she comforts and encourages Harry to produce a Patronus (DH). If there is a funeral she'd probably pat a grieving close relative or family friend to the arm and say something like, "Oh, don't be sad" with the innocent expression of a nin year old.

Follow Azhure's lead on how she might say something extraordinary about her mum not having gone away forever.

Luna is described in the books to have 'straggly' and 'waist-length' hair. It makes me so sad to think that the possible reason for this that she didnt have a mother who would comb her hair every morning and tie or style them. Try to get this point across. Show Luna having trouble getting her hair brushed the next morning. She's a young girl standing in front of the mirror, pulling the brush through her hair, but unable to manage them. She's nine, but she's had her hair done by her mother every morning before, but not today. The tangles wont go. Luna is upset.

She approached Xeno, but the poor man has never done this once in his life. You could show Luna looking up at him expectantly, and watching Xeno's worried and concerned and surprised face.

You can show Lune creeping in the room where her mother died, and touching or looking around things that broke because of the spell backfiring. Luna might graze her hand over a broken something. Involve Xeno into it, and show him being a bit angry about Luna being not careful. Express Luna's confusion about the way her father suddenly behaved.

Xeno is in shock, and he is grieving. He also has the sole responsibilty of a nine year old child. He's scared and concerned.

But Luna cannot understand his state of mind. To her, like any other nine-year old, death just means going away, but not permanently. All you need is to express that confusion. Write with your hand, think with her mind.

Perhaps at night, you could show Luna having a nightmare, like sound of a spell backfiring. Luna could wake up, alone in her room and cry softly, hugging herself.

*sobs*

That made me sad. Seriously, its all about getting the emotions right. Choosing the right words and the correct description.

Hope I helped.

Akay

"Same story, different versions, and all are true."
    - Tia Dalma, Pirates of the Caribbean II

Lovely banner by ze bean and avatar from the brilliant
    LJ home of mrserinreynolds

deviantART page here

Azhure
    Show Luna having trouble getting her hair brushed the next morning. She's a young girl standing in front of the mirror, pulling the brush through her hair, but unable to manage them. She's nine, but she's had her hair done by her mother every morning before, but not today. The tangles wont go. Luna is upset.
    Shh, don't give away my idea!

I like the idea where Luna explores the room that her mother died in. Just searching for those answers that will never come. I think it goes really well with how Luna is curious. Nice idea!

Like I said in my previous post, just remember that she's still an eight-year-old. If you remember that and make her Luna, you should be fine.

Okay, that was a fairly useless post, I just wanted to comment on the idea really.

~~Azhure~~

luna
    Do you think Luna could ever be in a relationship with George Weasley?
    Probably after the War, I mean she helped Harry a little when he was upset over Sirius, so George might find comfort in her.
    Does anyone else think they'd be a good couple?

majyktwix
    Does anybody think Luna and George would be good together, say after the War?
    I mean she helped Harry a but after Sirius' death, maybe she'd be good for George?
    Please tell me I'm not alone here!
    -M.T.

padfoot_returns
    Well, to tell you the truth, I don't really see George and Luna click. I just don't feel as if their personalities fit. I don't remember them interacting in the books at all. But you have to remember that this is fanfiction and in fanfiction, anything is possible. Okay, I know that sounds extremely corny but its true. You can pair up anyone in fanfiction and how believeable it is is based on how good of a writer the author is

xxRiham

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    How do believe Luna would handle pregnancy? She's seems to have such on odd point of view on life, and so many pregnant women aleady have collections of horror stories. How do you think Luna would embrace it, espicially given that she was carrying twins, and after so many of her friends had already had children?

Come to think of it, what kind of mother do you believe Luna would be?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    How do believe Luna would handle pregnancy? She's seems to have such on odd point of view on life, and so many pregnant women aleady have collections of horror stories. How do you think Luna would embrace it, espicially given that she was carrying twins, and after so many of her friends had already had children?

I think Luna would embrace pregnancy even the horrible bits. She'd look for ways of combatting morning-sickness like Gurdyroots and the like. I honestly can't think that she'd be scared at all. If she were a real person she'd be one of these women that refuses all pain relief and has a totally natural birth surrounded by everyone she loves (whether they want to be there is another matter )

As to Motherhood I think that might be when reality kicks in for her. I reckon she'd be desperate to show her children all the wonders of the world and would be fantastically creative but the reality of babies is that they are such hard work and they alter your life totally. Luna may think that she can charge around as before simply taking her babies all over the world whilst her and Rolf look for the Crumple-horned Snorkack but two tiny babies will make demands, feeding and changing actually being the least of it.

Luna will find that suddenly she has to focus on real life because these two are more important. I'm not saying she won't be able to deal with it but I don't think she'll be prepared for some of the mundanities that having children brings. I'm speaking from personal experience here. I adore my kids and can't emphasise enough how precious they are to me but when they're babies your whole life gets taken over with worrying about them (suddenly you see strangers as a threat, you have to plan a trip to the corner shop just to get milk with military precision) but it can also be quite boring and claustrophobic especially if all you see is your husband/partner or other mums with same age babies that only want to talk about babies and nothing else (and boast about them continually).

Luna at a post-natal group would be a hoot! I can imagine her desperately trying not to talk about babies but being ignored. She'd also get given so much advice that will be contardictory. I'm sure Hermione would be quite forthright in her views but I imagine Ginny being a great friend to her and totally sympathetic.

On the whole I think she'd be a truly amazing mum but will be better when they're older. Her children will have fantastic adventures!

Carole (not at all bitter about her post-natal experiences )
    xxx

Banner by the fabulous Julia - theoplaeye

Inverarity
    Quote Originally Posted by OliveOil_Med

I think Luna would regard it as an interesting experience, and be a very devoted mother. I don't think she'd raise her children with quite as many odd beliefs as her father bestowed on her, and she'd remember how hard it was on her, being traumatized by seeing her mother's death. She'd definitely raise them to be open-minded and questioning.

Remember that Luna is commonly portrayed in fanfiction as a space cadet with a loose grip on reality, but she's really not. Yes, she believes a few odd things, and she can be a little loopy, but she's not insane. (My pet theory is that she often played up her "Loonie Luna" persona at Hogwarts. Since everyone was making fun of her anyway, she figured she'd play along.)

Incidentally, an upcoming chapter in my story, HHD (below) will feature a conversation with a pregnant Luna.

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Do you think Luna would have have the desire to have more children (even if it was later in life), or would she be content simply being a mother to her boys, Lorcan and Lysander?

Also, how do think the boys would have been effected having Luna for a mother? Do think they spent a lot of time with the Weasleys? What would you believe Molly Weasley's (a more tradition mother) would think of Luna's likely ecsentric parenting style?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!