Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Luna Lovegood

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    I have something I have been wondering about Luna lately. We know that Luna had her twins later in life, but when would she have gotten married to Rolf? What do you think would be a reasonable age?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    I think you could chose any age that works for you, but I think she'd marry young. I see her as touring the world after Hogwarts, meeting Rolf, and marrying young. Early 20's I would think as she believes so strongly in love. A girl so wrapped up in love and friendship would get married early I would think
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Am I in the Right House?
    Didn't JK imply that it took longer for her to meet her future husband than a lot of the other Trio era kids? I feel like I read that in an interview somewhere.

So, maybe they met when they were in their 30s and had kids when she was in her late 30s?
    Stories Duels Poems Drabbles
    Proud Puff on MNFF and Slyth on Pottermore

Banner by the awesome Minnabird Icon by wicked visions on LJ

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    I guess technically, it could be any age. But I agree with Aida, I think Luna would end up marrying later in life.

She hasn't really shown a prominent romantic interest in anyone in the books. I don't think she was particularly attracted to any of her school peers--even her relationship with Dean she seemed to keep platonic (sadly ). I think that's why the Trio married younger, because they were in love with their teenage sweethearts.

Luna was a girl who had a lot of things she wanted to do, and she didn't really need a man in her life. She wouldn't marry someone unless she was completely in love with them, and they utterly supported her. With her traveling the world, she didn't have much time for dating.

Later in life, I can see her falling in love and really wanting to have children (I think all women in their mid-thirties go through that). I think she'd marry Rolf around then.

xx Ariana xx

Thank you to Hokey for the beautiful banner. And thank you to everyone who nominated and judged --I'm so grateful to you <3.

lilyevansfan
    Quote Originally Posted by AidaLuthien
    Didn't JK imply that it took longer for her to meet her future husband than a lot of the other Trio era kids? I feel like I read that in an interview somewhere.

So, maybe they met when they were in their 30s and had kids when she was in her late 30s?
    Yes, I heard that too, I think Luna married much later than the Trio.

I've always hoped for Neville and Luna to marry. Why is that? I think they are perfect for each other, but I'll never understand why JKR made Luna marry Rolf and Neville marry Hannah.

Luna does seem like the kind of girl to marry later in life. She didn't love anyone she knew from Hogwarts, so she would've taken longer to find a husband.

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    JKR said in the TV programme after DH came out (where she discusses the Weasley family tree), that Luna married Rolf Scamander 'later in life' and her children were younger.

I think Luna is an independent individual and as such she's not going to feel a great need to get married. She's been a loner during Hogwarts, but does value the few friends she has.

I can't really see Neville and Luna together, because I do think she's too weird for him. Neville gets embarrassed quite easily ... and don't you think he'd be a bit dull for her. Hannah Abbot is the girl who messes up her O.W.L. (I think it's Transfiguration or Charms) and I can see him feeling quite protective of her.

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Am I in the Right House?
    What happens to Luna's wand after she gets taken off the train? Do you think she gave it to Ginny or Neville to hold on to? Did the Death Eaters just take it?
    Stories Duels Poems Drabbles
    Proud Puff on MNFF and Slyth on Pottermore

Banner by the awesome Minnabird Icon by wicked visions on LJ

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Standing in Line for Gilderoy Lockhart's Autograph
    I'm not positive, I but think it was confiscated. She tells Dean at Shell Cottage that Mr. Ollivander is making her a new one, and he is a little jealous, if I remember correctly. I assume she was without her wand from the time of her kidnapping until she got that new one.
    Lovely banner by Nadia

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    Arguing With The Sorting Hat
    I think the Death Eaters would have taken Luna's wand - as Lori said, Ollivander makes her a new one, implying that hers was taken.

I had a question, though. Do you think Luna could have been a prefect for her year?
    Nora Writes ~ Nora Draws ~ Nora Duels ~ Nora Drabbles ~ Nora Betas

My fabulous Doctor Who banner is by Nadia/majestic_ginny!

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    I don't think so. Even the teachers might see her as a bit different from the other students.
    Last edited by Peppermint Toads; 07-29-2012 at 11:41 PM.

Beautifulamazingperfect banner by BrokenPromise!

BACK FROM HIATUS!