Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Luna Lovegood

Sixth Year Gryffindor
    Ultimate Chess
    Luna's fear could be of being left completely alone. She accepted her mother's death, but still had her father. I don't know if she'd be able to come to terms with that quite as well. Also, after her fourth year she has friends like she hasn't had before. Judging by how her bedroom was decorated the idea of losing them is probably quite frightening as well. She may not need people around her all the time, but finding herself with no one could be a fear of hers.
    Lea

♥♥♥♥Stunning banner and zechadingly cool avvie by the amazing Gmariam! Thanks Gina!♥♥♥♥

Dinx_Skylarx
    Luna's fear could be of being left completely alone. She accepted her mother's death, but still had her father. I don't know if she'd be able to come to terms with that quite as well. Also, after her fourth year she has friends like she hasn't had before. Judging by how her bedroom was decorated the idea of losing them is probably quite frightening as well. She may not need people around her all the time, but finding herself with no one could be a fear of hers.
    Lea
    I agree with thi, but how would boggart be nobody? It doesn't have the power to make things dissapear. So would it just show her friends dead bodies??

Raffles
    I agree with thi, but how would boggart be nobody? It doesn't have the power to make things dissapear. So would it just show her friends dead bodies??
    If her fear is being lonely, maybe the boggart could turn into some thick mist, surrounding her and giving her the feeling of being entirely on her own.

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Protecting Scabbers from Crookshanks
    Well, I think the Boggart were to turn into the dead bodies of her friends, it would do so well after she meets Harry and gang. She never had one before they came into her life. So, pre-OOTP, I think her boggart would be a dead body of her father, the only person who cared about her, and probably the only person she really cared about at that point. By this, I don't mean that the boggart would stop being that post-OOTP. I mean, she could see both her father and her friends as dead.
    ]

Banner by BELLA THE HELLA. <3

Raffles
    Well, I think the Boggart were to turn into the dead bodies of her friends, it would do so well after she meets Harry and gang. She never had one before they came into her life. So, pre-OOTP, I think her boggart would be a dead body of her father, the only person who cared about her, and probably the only person she really cared about at that point. By this, I don't mean that the boggart would stop being that post-OOTP. I mean, she could see both her father and her friends as dead.
    Hmm... I'm not sure it would be anything about death though. When questioned about her mother's death, she says "itís not as though Iíll never see Mum again, is it".

First Year Hufflepuff
    In the Cupboard Under the Stairs
    It's known that Luna and Rolf are Naturalists, but is it known what creatures they studied or discovered? I read somewhere that she never discovered a Crumple-Horned Snorkack, but what did she find?

And do we know how old Rolf is compared to Luna?

PROLOGUE UP NOW
    Beta ~ Author (3) ~ NaNo ~ WordPress

ADS banner by lullaby BANG.

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    Hatching Dragon's Eggs
    The only information we have (I think) comes from the "A Year in the Life" documentary.

Rolf is "older" than Luna and they married "much later in life."

She discovered and classified many species that had never been encountered before, but was never able to find the Crumple-Horned Snorkack, and decided that her father had invented it.

-N-

First Competition Banner I've won. For: Killers

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    If you want to find actual creatures that they have discovered, however, you'll probably have to end up make up some hof your own magical creatures for them to discover.

In chapter 9 of my story, The Arcane ScoRA and the Wand of MacArt, Luna and her husband discover these little creatures called Eriecuff in the Amazon, and wonder if there might be a market for them as pets in the wizarding world. Of course, it ends in disaster, though.

I even have a drawing of them in the Scamander family portrait.

But aking up your own creatures can be a great deal of fun! Give it a try!

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

First Year Hufflepuff
    In the Cupboard Under the Stairs
    Making up my own does sound like a lot of fun. =] I'm going to do just that! Thanks for your help, OliveOil_Med and Northumbrian.

PROLOGUE UP NOW
    Beta ~ Author (3) ~ NaNo ~ WordPress

ADS banner by lullaby BANG.

Muggle in the Know

This is sort of a late reply to the boggart idea

I always imagined that if Luna faced a Boggart before meeting Harry and the rest, the Boggart would sort of - form an image in her mind - kind of like the part in the books where Snape delves into Harry's mind during occlumency lessons - or maybe like a movie roll ... you know?

I imagined thoughts like being surrounded by people (hundreds) and not being able to speak/voice her opinions, or maybe she would see everyone around her hurt or dead - because Luna seems to be the type of person that would care about everyone, she wouldn't make prejudices. Something like that, where either her freedom is taken away from her or an image of someone harmed in some sort of way.

But maybe that is just how I think, anyway.