Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Luna Lovegood

Inverarity
    Quote Originally Posted by OliveOil_Med
    Do you think Luna would have have the desire to have more children (even if it was later in life), or would she be content simply being a mother to her boys, Lorcan and Lysander?
    I think she'd be open to the idea of more children, though she wouldn't necessarily want a Weasley-sized horde.

Also, how do think the boys would have been effected having Luna for a mother? Do think they spent a lot of time with the Weasleys? What would you believe Molly Weasley's (a more tradition mother) would think of Luna's likely ecsentric parenting style?
    According to JKR, Luna travels the world with her husband, Rolf Scamander, looking for Crumple-Horned Snorkacks and other magical beings. I think that as soon as the boys are old enough (which for her, might mean before they're even out of diapers...), she'd be taking them with her. They'd get to see fantastic beasts, travel all over the world, and live adventurous lives most wizarding children could only dream of. On the downside, I think that and Luna's own social ineptitude would give them not a lot of experience at relating to other kids, so when (if) they wind up going to Hogwarts, they might find that like their mother, they are regarded as "odd" and have trouble making friends.

They'd probably visit the Weasleys now and then, but I don't think they'd really be growing up with them.

Molly would probably not pass judgment on Luna, but inwardly she'd be wincing about "those poor boys."

Inverarity
    Oops. Accidental double-post. Mods, please delete this.

Kcharles
    I think that Luna and the boys would spend a lot more time at the Potters than at the Weasleys. Harry understands her(as much as someone can) and Ginny was a good friend to her. I think that Molly might dislike her parenting style slightly, but not tell anyone about it, keeping it to herself.

I, too have a question. Would her husband be similar to her(open-minded, strange, ect.) or different (sorta like Harry and Luna if they ever got together)?

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Harry understands her(as much as someone can)
    or different (sorta like Harry and Luna if they ever got together)?
    Oh, don't tease me! Harry/Luna is my ultimate OTP!!! jk!

But yes, I do think Luna would bring her children around to the Potters and the Weasleys quite a bit. Especially towards the end, they became really good friends with her (the did name their youngest daughter after her). And besides, if her children were late in life I sure everyone would welcome having some babies around. Even Mrs. Weasley, as much as she may disagree with Luna's parenting style. She may even use the oppurtunity to give the boys at least part of what she would consider a 'proper upbringing'.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Inverarity
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcharles
    I, too have a question. Would her husband be similar to her(open-minded, strange, ect.) or different (sorta like Harry and Luna if they ever got together)?
    According to Rowling, Luna marries Rolf Scamander, grandson of Newt Scamander (author of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them), who is also a naturalist.

This is the basis of the drabble I posted in the weekly challenge.

Kcharles
    Quote Originally Posted by Inverarity
    According to Rowling, Luna marries Rolf Scamander, grandson of Newt Scamander (author of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them), who is also a naturalist.

This is the basis of the drabble I posted in the weekly challenge.
    I was just wondering what you would think he's like as a person.

Inverarity
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcharles
    I was just wondering what you would think he's like as a person.
    Well, he'd certainly have to be accepting of "different" perspectives. Rowling says that Luna does eventually come to realize that some of the things her father believed were not real, but I doubt she ever turns into a conventional thinker. So her husband would have to be someone who either thinks the same way, or isn't bothered by his wife's flights of fancy.

Maybe he is a dreamer himself, and he and Luna are the only ones who understand each other. Or maybe he's a more practical sort, who finds Luna's perspective endearing, and even valuable. He'd have to be awfully patient, though. Most linear -- stereotypically male -- thinkers would be driven up the wall by someone like Luna. But I don't think she'd put up with being patronized, so he'd have to be genuinely appreciative of her way of thinking, and not just "tolerating" it because he loves her.

cinnamonapple
    How would Luna react if Lorcan or Lysander turned out to be gay? Say with a Weasley or a Potter, would she be a little freaked out or would she be happy with that, , and start saying random stuff she heard about gay people?

Third Year Hufflepuff
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea
    Luna is very open minded so I don't think that she'd care if any of the children were gay. I don't know about her spouting random stuff, but it is a possibility.

Inverarity
    Luna doesn't say "random stuff." The things she says may sound odd to most people, but they're always relevant, and logical from her point of view. She doesn't just go off on a stream-of-consciousness ramble about whatever's being discussed.

As for her kids being gay, I agree that it probably would not bother her. She understands being "different" very well.