Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask A Moderator ~ Lucky Number Thirteen

myownmuggle
    JOHN91043353: If only the names are different and the plot of your story does not conflict with events up through and including Deathly Hallows, you would need only the Book 7 Disregarded warning.

FullofLife
    Hello! I wanted to start a thread to discuss the Fidelius Charm... is there anywhere I can do that here? It does sort of have to do with a story I'm writing, but mostly I just want to discuss the charm.

Marauder by Midnight
    FullofLife - That would belong in the Reference Desk as you are looking for more info about the charm.

4. 12-31-2007, 08:23 PM

Stubbornly_appeared

Question Writing an HP stage play.

I'm wondering: are scripts allowed on MNFF, and do the same length rules apply? Y'see, I'm writing an HP stage play, and was wondering if I could submit it and whether or not I should put it one scene at a time, a few at a time, or a whole act at a time.

Thanks for any help.

-Stubby (Happy New Year!)

witch6
    Hey!
    I recently posted a request on somebody's beta thread. I checked that thread later and the post was there. But today when I checked it, it wasn't. So, I was wondering if a moderator deleted my post or can the beta-reader whose thread I posted could have?

Nymphea

banners on mnff profiles

How do I put a banner in my MNFF profile?
    I tried copying the [IMG] [/IMG] thing but it didn't work.
    Thank you!

Allymarieus

Frightening

Hello--I received a PM earlier today from a person (assumed male) that is listed as thirty-seven. At the time, I had my age up, and I am considerably younger than him. I have since removed my age, but find it disturbing to be contacted by someone I don't know. "He" claimed to be new here (he actually signed up in September) and had the subject as, "Re:Allymarieus" as though I had been the one to initially contact him. It is worrying, and I would just like a mod to PM me please, or make some suggestion. I know he did nothing wrong, but it seemed suspicious.

Thanks and Happy New Year.

***On an added note, I have been PMed by someone who was contacted in the same way by the same member. If a moderator could please contact me, I would like to report the member. Thank you.

Marauder by Midnight
    Stubbornly_Appeared - Scriptfics are not allowed on this site. However, properly written stage scripts are (be sure to include stage directions, italicization, proper paragraphing, etc). The same word minimum rules apply.

witch6 - You are describing a problem that is best handled by contacting the moderator of that particular forum (Julie or Anasuya, depending which forum you were in). Just politely ask the moderator with specific details like which thread you had posted in, and the moderator will most likely be able to answer your question privately.

Nymphea - Your question has been answered before in the Ask the Moderators threads. We will answer it once more; the question is now answered in the FAQ thread.

Allymarieus - I've contacted you.

sayiansirius
    Hmm...Stubby's question, and your answer, Beth, prods me to ask...

I write scripts and they have stage direction just like any other script. But what would be the difference between a "script" and a "stage script"? Scripts are usually written for stage...unless, of course, it's a screen play.

Thanks ahead of time,
    ~KC

missgiggles316

Question

On the main site, I can't remember my password. Everytime I click the "Forgot Password?" link it asks me for my email, I type in my email, and it says it's sent me a new password or whatever. Problem - I never get a new password or even an email from the main site. What gives?

If it helps, my name on the other site is the same as the one here - missgiggles316 .