Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Ask A Moderator ~ Lucky Number Thirteen

songbook99
    dancingcarrot21, just to add what Beth already said, there are specific words/phrases that have been agreed upon by the moderators that cross the line, mostly from what we will accept at all versus what is completely unacceptable for the site. But, as Beth pointed out, we rely heavily on the judgement of each moderator when they read a story. The best method to determine what may or may not cross lines is to contact a moderator privately, as Beth pointed out.

hermybabay82
    I have two accounts over on the main site: one that matches my name here and has my two stories attached to it and another that I created afterwards with no stories on it(it's a spiffier name and stands out more). I like the second name better and would like to delete the one with the stories, however I don't want to lose my stories. Is there anyway to transfer the stories to the other name?

Thanks,
    Stacy

Edit: Thanks, I'll try that!

Second Edit: It's done and I've sent you a PM regarding it, Snape's Talon.

Snape's Talon
    hermybabay82: Unfortunately there is no method of easily transferring your stories. I suggest you delete them from the first account and resubmit under the second if you are set on using that second account. Then you could request the first account be deleted.

FullofLife
    Would it be all right to write a AU story where all my characters are muggles? Characters we know from canon, but they're muggles...?

Marauder by Midnight
    FullofLife - Sure, if there is significant connection with the magical world J.K. Rowling wrote.

chasing_willow
    Will the 'delete review' (my own, not left by someone else on my fic) option ever work again?

assuming it did, at some point, work

Marauder by Midnight
    chasing_willow - I wasn't aware that it ever did work xD In any case, if for some reason you need a review deleted, please PM the link to a moderator to take care of.

songbook99
    Just to clarify about the 'Delete Review' option. That was never available to users. Only moderators have ever had the ability to delete reviews.

elusive_enchantment

Categories Question

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to bring this up, so if it isn't, just ignore or delete this post.

I started the process of submitting a new story, but when I came to the category selection it didn't seem to be working right. The only categories that show sub-categories when clicked on are General Fics, Romance Fics, and Contest Fics. When I tried to select one of the sub-categories in these sections, a message would pop up reading: "That category is locked. Please select a sub-category."

Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is there some kind of bug in the system?

poisonapple

Ron/Hemione category...?

So, I just found out that there are no moderators listed for Ron/Hermione in the FAQ, so should I count on sweepers to validate my story, or are there other moderators for Ron/Hermione that aren't yet listed? Also, who should I contact now regarding Ron/Hermione stories/chapters?

I feel horrible asking so many questions that are repetitive, but I feel the need to ask.

Thanks so much for your help!

EDIT: Thank you so much, x2pttrclue32!