Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask A Moderator ~ Lucky Number Thirteen

Vindictus Viridian
    Tinn Tam -- this is what it looks like when a fic is "Stuck." It seems to happen most to the popular ones, naturally. As soon as someone can push it through the bottleneck, that will be done.

Unfortunately, this is another one of those site problems that's gotten a whole lot worse lately. I'm going to take this opportunity to re-issue the plea on the News page of the archive -- if any of you have a fic up that you now regret, now would be a great time to delete it. (I took one of mine down already, and am eyeing a few of the other less-popular ones as well, so have practiced what I'm preaching.) Also, if you have an old username over there that you aren't using anymore, having replaced it with something spiffier, PLEASE delete the old one. And keep an eye on the News for further updates on the care and feeding of your account.

witch6
    Originally Posted by Vindictus Viridian
    Also, if you have an old username over there that you aren't using anymore, having replaced it with something spiffier, PLEASE delete the old one
    I think I have another account on the main MNFF site, but I logged into it within the last 6 months, so you obviously won't delete it. If I want to delete it, how do I do it? I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but I couldn't find anything.

Horsesbella219
    Is there any way to change my user name here? I want to change it to something to match my user name over on the main site.

Lucinda

Marauder by Midnight
    witch6 - PM me your username, and I'll take care of it. Thank you so much!

Horsesbella219 - Your question has been answered before. You may not change your forum name.

poisonapple

My fic...

Sorry for being impatient and sorry if this was asked before, but:

If the mod(s) I contact can't or aren't responding to a private message regarding my story, who do I contact instead? My Ron/Hermione chapter has been in the queue for 10 days (I submitted the chapter on the 3rd of January) and it's still waiting validation in my Manage Stories section.
    I've sent private messages to the wonderful mods in charge of the Ron/Hermione subcategory, but they're unavailable to help me. So, who should I contact instead?
    If it's a problem with the queue or if the mods themselves are having trouble, it's perfectly understandable, but I was just wondering.

Again, sorry if this is a repeated question and sorry for my impatience. Thanks for everything!

Marauder by Midnight
    poisonapple - They may be unavailable and on vacation. Sorry for the long wait. The sweepers should get to your story soon. In the future, please contact an administrator should this happen again.

FullofLife
    Hi,

This is a little complicated, and I think I know the answer, but second guessing mods in none of my business so... yeah. I have a story up on MNFF, which has one chapter submitted so far. I've finished chapter two, but I realized it was too long to be submitted on MNFF. I'm going to submit it as two chapters but my fic is sort of a chaptered song-fic. Four lyrics start each chapter, and if I divide the second chapter into two, I won't have enough lyrics to fit all the chapters. So I wanted to cut the first, already submitted chapter in half too (and then divide the lyrics - the lyrics are specific to part of the chapters). I was wondering if I'll have to re-sumbit the second half and wait for it to be approved all over again. It has been approved once, isn't there a way that I could send the chapter to a mod and just have it set as the second chapter without sending it through the queue? I don't want to get readers excited at seeing the fic in the updates without a proper update. >_<

Marauder by Midnight
    FullofLife - Since the entirety of your first chapter has been seen by a moderator, it should go through queue just fine. However, seeing as how you can't add another chapter without having it go through queue, the second half of your story will have to see a moderator again

dancingcarrot21
    Hello.

I'm kind of in a pickle with this. See, I'm wondering if perhaps one of my chapters that contains some sexual innuendos may have...crossed the line into Professors. It's not anything graphic, there's just implications. I'm just wondering what crosses the line from 3rd-5th years, to 6th-7th years, to Professors when it comes to profanity and sexual innuendos. As in what exact words, phrases, and such belong in where.

Any help on this would be great!

- Carrot

Marauder by Midnight
    dancingcarrot21 - Each moderator has a different opinion about what they'd accept for each rating. If you are ever unsure about what is and is not accepted, you need only to privately contact a moderator you feel comfortable working with and let him/her know exactly what you feel is questionable. However, please be aware, again, that each moderator has different standards. If your story was rejected for the content, you may want to contact the moderator who had sent you your letter.