Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask A Moderator ~ Lucky Number Thirteen

Indigoenigma
    I noticed that there is a "Meet the Mods - 2007" thread. Would it be possible to have a 2008 version? I know that a lot of new mods have been added over the course of the year and I was wondering if such a thing was in the works.

Thank you!

~Kelly

Raeinflight
    Is there a way to view the reviews that I have written on other stories? I like to read author's replies, but sometimes I can't remember where I wrote.

Also, is there a way to see the number of people that have read my story?

poisonapple

Multiple Submissions

Hi, mods.

So, I checked the Frequently Asked Questions and it clearly states that you can submit up to two chapters (of two different stories) at a time, only if they're in different categories.

I'm terribly sorry if it was already asked, but do sub-categories count?

Say I want to submit two stories that are both in the Romance Category, but one is a Ron/Hermione story and the other is a Hermione/Draco story. Is that allowed?

Thanks for your help, and sorry again if it was already asked.

Marauder by Midnight
    Indigoenigma - We usually strive to keep the "Meet the Mods" thread up-to-date. Sorry about the lapse

Raeinflight - No, you cannot see the past reviews you have written, and no, you cannot see how many people have read your story. You're thinking about a different system; we will hopefully have those capabilities for you when we've updated our system.

poisonapple - You may submit to two sub-categories.

Laurskii
    Hey modly personas,

I was wondering whether an AU warning is needed if, while it never came up in the books, JKR has said in interviews something that happened post-books? Namely, I'd like to make George marry someone OTHER than Angelina, who I didn't know he married until someone told me JKR mentioned it in an interview.

Is it necessary to put the warning up there?

Thanks!
    (: Laur

Thanks Roxy. That helps a lot.

Ultimate Cosmic Power Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Aunt Marge Makes A Better Blimpe...
    Laurskii - We've been talking about this for a while and it's very hard to reach a decision. However, I think we're saying that the post-DH interviews will not count as canon. I think marriages will be ok without an AU warning, as long as they're not mentioned in the books. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, fellow mods, but I think there's so much information that JKR can give us in interviews that a lot of fans will never hear that we should stick with the books as canon and everything else as a nice extra look into the Potterverse that we can accept if we want to.

James Jameson
    Going along with the topic of what is considered AU, if we wrote a story prior to DH, and we have for example : In my story, I have Harry and Ginny have two girls and a boy. Would I have to put a DH disregarded warning on it?

Marauder by Midnight
    James Jameson - If you revealed Harry and Ginny as having two girls and a boy prior to the release of DH and finished the story, readers will safely assume that DH was disregarded so there's no need for a DH Disregarded warning there. However, if your story was updated after DH was released, you might want to attach the warning and put a very short explanation as to why that warning is there.

9. 01-07-2008, 03:13 AM

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    Snape Hates Me
    Hello, my WIP has just been updated but it isn't showing up on the recently updated list, nor has it moved from the third page of stories in its category. I have checked it, and the new chapter is posted, but the update date is still showing October. Is this just a glitch with my story, or is it a problem from the hacker attack? The story is Moments of Bliss and it is in Marauder Era. Thank you.

Potterphile12
    moonymaniac

As far as I know, it's a glitch with our system, perhaps some remnants of the hacker attack.

And just as a general note to everyone, we're experiencing quite a few problems at the moment and will be undergoing some procedures to correct them as soon as we're fully restored from the hacker attack. I know it's asking a lot when you want your stories validated, but your patience is greatly appreciated.