Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask A Moderator ~ Lucky Number Thirteen

Marauder by Midnight
    sayiansirius - Sometimes we get submissions that are "script-like," with the
    Character: blah blah blah
    Girl: Response blah blah blah

Or something that resembles a script in that it contains only action and dialogue and little of anything else. Those type of script submissions are not allowed.

missgiggles316 - Usually what happens is that you request a password to be sent to an email address different from what you had thought. I will PM you to double check your email address and if you still do not get your password, I can give you a temporary password to get into your account so that you may change it to whatever you wish.

A.H.
    I has yet another question

Are authors allowed to submit the same story twice; one store cut, the other uncut? I want to be delicate with how graphic I get in the story I'm writing, but at the same time I want to branch out and try to write things I haven't before. I still want my story to be available for younger members though.

There are two ways I see to make it work. Either submitting the whole story twice, or entering the graphic chapters twice. Are either of these possibile?

Potterphile12
    a.h

No, I'm sorry but that's not allowed. If you really want some people to see your other chapter, you can either post it on LJ and put a redirect on your author page or email the users who express interest in it. But we don't allow multiple copies of a story/chapter on the archive.

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    McGonagall Likes My Quidditch Skills
    Hi Mods,

I'm so glad the queue is open but when I'm trying to submit my first chapter to the Seasons Change sub-category, a message box keeps appearing, saying: "The category is locked. Please select sub-category"

I tried selecting other categories like Romance and all, but with same results.

Help!

Akay

"Same story, different versions, and all are true."
    - Tia Dalma, Pirates of the Caribbean II

Lovely banner by ze bean and avatar from the brilliant
    LJ home of mrserinreynolds

deviantART page here

Potions Mistress Hufflepuff
    Receiving Toilet Seats
    Akay,

Try logging out and logging back in. Also clear your cookies. The queue is open, but your computer is still reading the old cookies.

Behind every computer monitor is a person with feelings, just like yours.
    THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE.

Author Page

DogLover4Life
    Hi. I was just wondering how a person with moderated posts would find out if a post has been rejected.

FlightofthePhoenix
    Hi,

I have a couple of questions. First, how many classes can you take, and once you start them, do you have to finish them? Say RL gets a little busy, can you drop out, and then perhaps, catch up the work after? Second, how can I go about giving personal details to friends on the site like addresses? My Mum, seeing as I'm only 13, doesn't like me giving out details like that. Are PM's safe to give them through, can anyone break into your inbox or something? And thirdly, when I tried to submit my Winter Tales fic to The Holly and Ivy catagory, it said that the catagory was locked and to submit to a sub catagory. For the moment, I've just submitted it to the Winter Tales challenge section so please don't simply reject it for that, but could you try and fix that up? Thanks,

~Nicole

anangeliam05

Oh dear...

I am having the same problem that Akay was having. I deleted my cookies and logged back it. But I am still getting the "That category is locked please select a sub-category."

Here's what I was doing:
    Clicked Romance Fics, the proceeded to select Hermione/Draco. Then when I hit select it gave me that message.

How on earth do I fix this problem!!! I was terribly disapoited to find this issue as I have just come back from a long hiatus with my story. I had previously taken it down to rewrite and better the story.

[edit]Please mods help me find out how to fix this! Also, Akay has brought it to my attention that she is still having the same issue after cleaning out her cookies and logging back in as I have also done.

irrevocably blair
    Hello, mods.

I've just realized that I'm not able to make posts in all forums. I went to go sign up for a class in the 'Classes', 'Study Hall' forum. When I clicked 'Post Reply', it showed a message like this:

irrevocably blair, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    I don't think #1 could apply to me, as I'm simply trying to post a reply, not edit a post or access administrative features. As for #2, my account is obviously not deactivated, as I can post here and in other places. I'm sorted and everything, and I don't think I'm awaiting activation . . .

I'm not sure what the trouble is . . . please help?

-Blair

Snape's Talon
    DogLover4Life: I'm not sure so I'll let another Mod answer your question.

FlightofthePhoenix: You can sign up for however many classes that you like and yes, you can drop if necessary. However, keep in mind that some instructors cap the number of students they will accept. By signing up for multiple classes and then dropping or disappearing, you could be keeping another member from taking a course who would have completed it. Take into consideration the amount of work a class requires. A NEWT level course comes with a lot of homework when compared to a First Years class.

It would probably be a good idea for you to review our Exchange of Personal Information policy. I've not heard of any potential security issues with Inboxes.

anangeliam05: The Mods are aware of some issues with the archives and are working to address the matter.

irrevocably blair: The reason for your difficulties is you're not part of the School Student Group. Go to your User CP, scroll down to the Miscellaneous and click on Group Memberships. You should see a list of Groups available. Find School Student - Hogwarts Students (do not confuse with Students with Signed Notes - that's something completely different). You'll have to provide a reason when you click Join. Now, be patient. Vindictus Viridian, our Headmistress, has to manually go in and approve the request.

11. 01-05-2008, 01:52 AM