Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Ask A Moderator ~ Lucky Number Thirteen

x2pttrclue32
    poisonapple - There had bene a problem with the R/Hr category mod, but it is now resolved. You story should be looked over shortly.

Ultimate Cosmic Power Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Aunt Marge Makes A Better Blimpe...
    elusive enchantment - Please read the news posts on the main fanfiction site. It explains everything.

FullofLife
    Hi,

This is an odd question that I never thought of asking - I had a couple of reviews on my story Sapphire Wings, and I talked about them in the thread here "Odd Reviews" and the next time I checked the story, those reviews had vanished from the fic. I thought I had insulted my reader, but as users can't delete reviews... did the mods delete them?

Ultimate Cosmic Power Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Aunt Marge Makes A Better Blimpe...
    If the reviews were considered rude or broke some of the MNFF rules, they would've been deleted by a moderator.

harrypotterfangirl21
    Hello, lovely mods! I'm having a bit of a MNFF problem that I was hoping I could get some help with.

See, I can get to MNFF, read fics, and view my User Options just fine. . . . But whenever I'm at a fic and I want to review, I get taken to a black page and my review doesn't get posted, even if I keep Refresh-ing and deleting my cookies. And whenever I'm at my User Options page and try to, say, view my 'Manage Favourites' page, I get taken to a Login page. Even though I log in, I am taken back to my User Options page and keep repeating the same cycle.

I'm really not sure what else to try -- I've shut down and restarted my computer, Refresh-ed MNFF, and deleted my cookies several times. I don't know if I did something wrong, or if this is a result of the Hacker Attack. Help?

- Katie

dancingwithneville

Question

Hi Mods! I have a quick question. I submitted a chapter to MNF and it has been 10 days. I haven't heard back from anyone. I was wondering who I should contact about this. Thanks!

EDIT:: Problem was taken care of.

7. 01-20-2008, 02:16 AM

Marauder by Midnight
    harrypotterfangirl21 - I have never heard of that glitch before. If this just started happening (just a few days ago), it is most likely not related to the hacker issue (we can't blame everything on them, can we ) Some people do get logged out when they're trying to write a review (happens to me) if the review gets too long and the login times out. It might also be due to more than one computer being logged into your account. Make sure you're the only one logged in and/or that you are not on an insecure connection. Check the settings on your browser; you might have had the site firewalled recently. Use another browser to see if it works. Use another computer. Try a combination of this >.>

Let me know through PM what, if anything, works for you.

Everyone with submission problems - We have heard that the following methods works in getting around the "This category is locked" alert. We've answered this already, but here it is just to be clear:
    1. Put in all your information on the submission page.
    2. Select your category and, if applicable, sub-category as you normally would
    3. Cue pop-up.
    4. Click the "Okay" button to close the pop-up.
    5. Forget you ever saw that pop-up.
    6. Click "Preview," as you should always do anyway; people get frustrated with being rejected for formatting errors when they've got the solution right there on the page. But I digress.
    7. After you've made sure everything is as you had put it in (including the category), click "Submit."
    8. Your story should be in queue. Go to "Manage Stories" to see if your story shows up there. If not, repeat. If it works, go ahead and relax (as best you can) and wait for your validation/rejection letter

If anyone still has problems with this, let us know.

ix3thehpseries
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I think it is. I'm writing a Next-Gen fic and I have the Next-Gen kids having a Muggle-born friend who's always trying to get them to learn about Muggle stuff, like songs and movies, my question is, could I just use songs and movies that are around now or do I have to, like, make up things like that?

Thanks in advance!
    -Jorie

Marauder by Midnight
    ix3thehpseries - It would be best if you came up with your own material rather than using popular culture. We would rather not infringe on copyright laws However, some of the "classics" would be fine if you were referring to them. A song from Grease, for example, or a silent film. The ultimate decision, though, will be up to the moderator who is going to review your story.

bertiebott12
    Hello! This question is probably for a mod that knows soemthing about bannermaking...maybe.

I made this avatar for my friend.

This message came up. Is there any way to lower the KB size?
    Your file of 43.5 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 19.5 KB for this filetype.
    Thanks!

*Claire*