Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask A Moderator ~ Lucky Number Thirteen

Marauder by Midnight
    Phia Phoenix - You are not able to see the Daily Prophet forum because you have not confirmed your new email address change. After you have done so, you should be able to see the Daily Prophet.

James Jameson - Our forums are strictly for MuggleNet Fan Fiction, so no, you would not be able to ask for help on original fiction. There are other places where you can do that.

Weasleyboyfreak
    Quick question...how do you get a link to your author page or drabble page in you signature if you only have an underlined word? Like drabbles and you want to have that take you to your drabble page?

Marauder by Midnight
    WeasleyBoyFreak - If you're linking a word to another place you don't need the underlining; linking automatically does that for you (see the links in my signature, for example). To link you need this code:

[!url="the page you want to link to"]Text, i.e. "My Drabbles" [/url!]

Take out the exclamation points when you copy/paste that.

mispersonality

Lost

I posted on "I didn`t get a rejection letter" because my fanfiction had been disappearing. A few days ago, a moderator told me to "go ahead and re-submit". I have resubmitted a couple of times, putting in the author`s notes that I had been having problems with it, but it still keeps happening and I don`t know what to do. I have been waiting a long time and I just want to get it through. Please help! Mispersonality

Marauder by Midnight
    Mispersonality - Try putting the note to mods in the main text of your story; it is not easy for us to see what you put in the author's note.

red haired mom
    I am unsure of where exactly this question belongs.

I want to put forth a topic for discussion, with mod approval, about the places in the books where spells are alluded to but not done, and then in the movies, they are done. Would the incantations from the movies, then be considered canon, even though they weren't said in the books at all.

I know JKR approves the screenplays, or at least reads them and lets them know what to add back in, so at some point she had to think they were at least partially correct.

If you could tell me where to put the topic, or if there is one that I haven't found, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank You,
    ~Wendy

Marauder by Midnight
    red haired mom - Such a collaboration has already been done by the Lexicon. If that's what you mean, you probably won't need the discussion With regards to canon, we certainly will not reject stories for using spells seen in the movie.

James Jameson

My Avvie Size

Hi again!

whenever i try to upload an avatar, as soon as it's posted, it is never the 100x100 size. It's always really small, (see above). Does anyone know how to fix this, or why it's happening?

Marauder by Midnight
    James Jameson - That may be because the boards needs to readjust the dimensions of your avatar in order to fit our file size maximum. Try to find a smaller (that is, smaller file size) avatar instead. Otherwise, your avatar will have to be that small :/

James Jameson

Once again regarding my avvie

Do you know why this would happen if the avatar size already was 100x100?