Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask A Moderator ~ Lucky Number Thirteen

Hybrid View

songbook99

Ask A Moderator ~ Lucky Number Thirteen

Please view our Frequently Asked Questions before posting your questions here, and also make sure your question has not already been asked. (These threads are searchable!)

[The more people ask the same question, the more pages there are, which cause more people to not take the time to read it, causing them to post the same question and the vicious cycle continues]

Please, allow MODERATORS ONLY to answer the questions in this thread.

If you have a question which doesn't need to be answered by moderators, please ask Dumbledore's Navy in the Check-In Desk.

bertiebott12
    *polishes new thread*

Is there a "Random Story" function on the main site? I have had a use for one, but don't know where it would be, if we even had one.

*Clairey Potter*

harrypotterfangirl21
    I have a one-shot coming up where a character is in a pretty severe depression -- considering suicide, abusing alcohol, etc. Would depression warrant me a Mental Disorders warning, or am I okay without one?

Thanks.

- Katie

Marauder by Midnight
    bertiebott12 - I'm not aware of a random story function on MNFF.

harrypotterfangirl12 - Yes, you will need a Mental Disorders and perhaps a Dubious Content warning as well.

missgiggles316
    everytime I try to go to certain stories on the main site, it says
    Access denied. This story has not been validated by the adminstrators of this site.
    There will be reviews on it so I know other people can get to it. And one was in Most Recent. What does it mean anyway? How do I read the story?

Snape's Talon
    missgiggles316: That there are reviews on a chapter/story does not necessarily mean it has been validated. The software allows for reviews on chapters still in the queue, although such activity is frowned upon and repeat offenders can find themselves in trouble.

This can also occur when a story is submitted, rejected and then subsequently re-submitted.

PM me the name of the story, and I will look into it for you, though.

mispersonality

Lost

I posted on "I didn`t get a rejection letter" because my fanfiction had been disappearing. A few days ago, a moderator told me to "go ahead and re-submit". I have resubmitted a couple of times, putting in the author`s notes that I had been having problems with it, but it still keeps happening and I don`t know what to do. I have been waiting a long time and I just want to get it through. Please help! Mispersonality

Marauder by Midnight
    Mispersonality - Try putting the note to mods in the main text of your story; it is not easy for us to see what you put in the author's note.

red haired mom
    I am unsure of where exactly this question belongs.

I want to put forth a topic for discussion, with mod approval, about the places in the books where spells are alluded to but not done, and then in the movies, they are done. Would the incantations from the movies, then be considered canon, even though they weren't said in the books at all.

I know JKR approves the screenplays, or at least reads them and lets them know what to add back in, so at some point she had to think they were at least partially correct.

If you could tell me where to put the topic, or if there is one that I haven't found, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank You,
    ~Wendy

Marauder by Midnight
    red haired mom - Such a collaboration has already been done by the Lexicon. If that's what you mean, you probably won't need the discussion With regards to canon, we certainly will not reject stories for using spells seen in the movie.