Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Remus Lupin

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    The problem with him living in a tent and thus being 'of no fixed abode' is that Sirius is told by Dumbledore at the end of GOF to go and round up the old crowd, and 'lay low at Lupin's place'. I'm not sure he'd say that if he wasn't sure where Remus was.
    Finding a deserted forest ... uh ... not possible in UK. He would never be able to take that chance, or else Dumbledore would have let him roam free in the Forbidden Forest. He would have to be somewhere with strong walls and locks.

I would have him with a place to live. You can do this two ways. Either he lives in his parents' house which was left to him. Or his parents bought him a small flat before they died. I've seen the former used in several stories, and I used the latter in one of mine.

~Carole~

Banner by the fabulous Julia - theoplaeye

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Earning Points for Sheer Dumb Luck
    Quote Originally Posted by Equinox Chick View Post
    The problem with him living in a tent and thus being 'of no fixed abode' is that Sirius is told by Dumbledore at the end of GOF to go and round up the old crowd, and 'lay low at Lupin's place'. I'm not sure he'd say that if he wasn't sure where Remus was.
    Finding a deserted forest ... uh ... not possible in UK. He would never be able to take that chance, or else Dumbledore would have let him roam free in the Forbidden Forest. He would have to be somewhere with strong walls and locks.

I would have him with a place to live. You can do this two ways. Either he lives in his parents' house which was left to him. Or his parents bought him a small flat before they died. I've seen the former used in several stories, and I used the latter in one of mine.

~Carole~
    Yeah, I did consider the "lay low at Lupin's thing", and thought that it would depend if they already knew how to send messages with a Patronus, or whether Dumbledore didn't introduce that until the Second War... Obviously, if they can, they could just use them to find each other.
    Lol, I can't speak most of the UK, I suppose I'm used to Cornwall, where everything seems a bit deserted :P Though I was re-reading someone's points about how energetic werewolves are, and I suppose that there's nowhere that far away from no people whatsoever, not impossible for a wolf to reach in a night... I was thinking of setting him on Dartmoor, but even there you're never that far away from small towns - it just seems that way when you're trying to get there with a big backpack and a broken compass in the fog...
    Yeah, I hadn't considered his parents leaving him anything, that's a good point... (Is there any canon-word on what happened to them by the way?)

Thanks Carole
    Student * Wannabe Author * IB Survivor * Ravenclaw

Also known as Ithinkrabis2people - nothing like a crackpot theory that doesn't work out

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    Arguing With The Sorting Hat
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Yeah, I hadn't considered his parents leaving him anything, that's a good point... (Is there any canon-word on what happened to them by the way?)
    No, I don't think so. Here is the only information on them that I could find.

Ancestry: Half-blood (one Muggle parent or grandparent) (WBD 2004).
    Mother: Unknown.
    Father: Unknown; offended Fenrir Greyback (HBP15).
    That is directly taken from The Harry Potter Lexicon by Steve Vander Ark. I own no part of that website, nor am associated with them in any way, besides reading it.
    Kindly disregard old posts by me. I was an irritating kid who didn't understand grammar.