Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Remus Lupin

The Marauding Cupcake

Wink

Good point. That is also in the story. He was a human, giving him his distinct smell, but he was a rat and the rat smell probably covered most of his human smell.
    I kind of have issue with this, as well. If you're truly going for the theory that Remus can smell an Animagus, that implies that they have their own distinct smell away from human or any other animal form. You've singled them out, you see. So, I think that Peter could smell like a rat to other humans, but to a werewolf there would be just a slight difference or an extra fine underlying layer not perceptible to humans.

Crookshanks is not human and Sirius admitted that the cat knew straight away that 'Padfoot' wasn't what he appeared to be. The same with Peter, which is why Crookshanks was attacking him all the time.

I think you could say that he smelled like a rat, but detail the special something that only Remus can smell.

As for Remus' scent, do you want all werewolves to have a particular smell, or each one differently? Please be careful with the chocolate thing. As one of the many Remus lovers, I can tell you that it gets a bit trying. If your story is more light and humour, then I'd say it could work, but other than that....

Yes, Remus gave out chocolate uring PoA, but no one seems to pick up the fact that he was the DADA professor, so he was well versed in the Dark Arts. He also knew, as I'm sure all of the staff did, that Hogwarts was going to be surrounded by the guards of Azkaban - Dementors. The effects of chocolate clearly combat the effects of the Dementors and that is why he carried it around, not necessarily to feed some chocoholic need. He was brilliant, after all , and even Madame Pomfrey compilented him on finally being a DADA professor who knew what he was doing!

~Michelle (The One Who Marauds... with Remus, always)

lupins_girl2006
    Ok. You guys all make excellent points, and now I'm like telling the whole situation in the forums, lol. This whole thing comes up in the third chapter, so when I finally get it up ya'll can check it out and see what you like about it.

~Allie

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    I have a new question about Remus- possibly it should be asked on The Reference desk but I'll try here first.

In HBP Remus is sent by Dumbledore to live with the werewolves and try to convert them. What do you think happened at Full Moon?

Do you think he transformed with them?

Or did he run off and confine himself somewhere?

I'm thinking he wouldn't have taken any Wolfsbane (although Snape could no doubt have made it for him if DD told him too) because the other Werewolves would have seen him drinking it.

Help appreciated.

Carole
    xxx
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Inverarity
    I don't think he would have run wild with the pack, if he felt there was a risk that he might attack people. Though if you're going for a darker story, then that sort of thing, taking a calculated risk to earn the trust of the bad guys, is something he might have felt he had to do. But he was probably trying to convince all of them that they should confine themselves during their transformation, so as not to harm others, so not doing so himself would have been doing things their way, as opposed to the way he was trying to show them.

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    I have a question. Do the books ever mention what color Remus' eyes are? I'm trying to think of distinctive physical features that could have been passed down to Teddy. Anything else signifigant that you can think of?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    I don't know if the colour of Remus' eyes are stated in the books. However, pictures I've seen of him by various fan artists have him with wolfish eyes, a sort of light hazel or yellowy colour.

Tim the Enchanter

pheonixflame
    I've just checked HP Lexicon and it says his eye color is unknown. So I think you are free to use your creativity and preference on this one; it's your fic so it's totally up to you.

For some reason, I've always pictured him with blue eyes. I figure he wouldn't be born with yellow-ish eyes since wasn't born a werewolf, unless they turned that color after he had been bitten. Personally though, I think blue eyes give him a more sensitive look, though if you describe them right, brown eyes can be pretty nice too...

But like I said, it's not in canon, so it's your call.

-Mari

bellaoc
    Hm, yeah she never states what colour eyes he has. I've always pictured him with either light brown eyes or light blue eyes. I agree that the blue eyes give him a more sensitive appearance, but I think if i were writing a fic about Lupin, I would describe him as having soft brown eyes, very open and kind. But that's just my opinion :-D Good luck!

--Bella

SlthrngNbltyWrtnINnk
    How do y'all think Remus reacted when Tonks first told him that she was pregant. How do you think he would have acted if they were sleeping together, not really dating, loved each other, but obiously not married?

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    Quote Originally Posted by SlthrngNbltyWrtnINnk
    How do y'all think Remus reacted when Tonks first told him that she was pregant. How do you think he would have acted if they were sleeping together, not really dating, loved each other, but obiously not married?
    I'd imagine Remus would respond with, "Wow, that's great. Wonderful - lovely!" so as not to hurt Tonk's feelings. Then he'd lock himself in some room and think to himself, "My God, what have I done!"

As for the second question... could you clarify? It's a bit vague and I can't figure out what you're asking.

Tim the Enchanter