Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Remus Lupin

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    Thanks, everyone! These are brilliant ideas which all make perfect sense when you point them out, especially the bits about Remus not finding work after Hogwarts and things getting him down. I could see him distancing himself from others because of that.

And Carole, I don't know if you saw my response elsewhere but it's like you are reading my mind when it comes to Peter! I really wondered if he was capable of putting the bug in their ears, so to speak, and able to play them off each other. He demonstrates exceptional cunning running the double-cross for so long, after all, and manages to frame Sirius and go into hiding for twelve years - so he wasn't as dumb or weak as everyone though. I'm glad the possibility doesn't scream OOC on Peter's part!

As for Lily, I want her to be the one who trusts Remus implicitly. But James might be ultra-protective of his son for sure.

You mentioned Remus having a spectacular temper - I'm curious where? I can totally see it but can't recall the evidence of it other than the fight with Harry in DH.

Thanks again!
    ~Gina

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    I meant in DH, actually. I don't mean temper really, but he loses control in a way they've never seen and Harry thinks something along the lines of 'seeing the werewolf' in him.

At Bill's bedside he loses control again on the death of Dumbledore - it's grief and not anger - but it shows a different side to the normally mild and quite repressive side to his character.

If you also look at POA, he's quite adamant that he'll kill Peter. Sirius - well, you can understand why he'd want to kill him without a trial - but Remus' decision to kill him where he stands and without a trial shows a glimpse of a man who was incredibly angry and vengeful at the deaths of his friends and the incarceration of another.

I did see your other message about us reading each other's mind. I think we've possibly done this before - over a duel or something?

I think you're right that Lily trusted him implicitly. All I was thinking is that in her pregnant state she might occasionally think irrationally and perhaps that shows on her face. Or maybe Remus sees something that isn't there and thinks she's scared for Harry being around him. (Is that making sense?) Rationally, Lily would know that Remus isn't a threat, but when it's your kid you don't always think rationally.

I'm thinking about the early days of HIV when some people assumed that you could get the virus by kissing. She might think that momentarily, but dismiss it almost immediately. Perhaps Remus sees that initial mistrust and that leads him to feeling isolated.

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    You Need Some Driving Lessons, Ron
    Anyone know what Remus called Tonks? Was it Dora?

Thanks in advance!

Lovely banner by Nadia

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasley Mom
    Anyone know what Remus called Tonks? Was it Dora?
    In Deathly Hallows it was Dora (and I assume the rest of the time they were in a relationship it was also "Dora").

Thank you to Hokey for the beautiful banner. And thank you to everyone who nominated and judged --I'm so grateful to you <3.

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    Arguing With The Sorting Hat
    I'm going to assume that he called her Dora. He was probably one of the few to be allowed to do so.

Iruthb
    Urmm, I'm not sure where else to put this, but what would you imagine Tonks and Remus' wedding was like? We know next to nothing from canon. I can't really imagine what it would be like. Suggestions?

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    You Need Some Driving Lessons, Ron
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire at Dawn View Post
    Quiet. I think Tonks mentions it was quiet and hushed when she tells Harry in DH. There was probably only a few people there, perhaps just the witnesses. I suspect it could have been Order members only because someone mentions that the Ministry was feeling anti-werewolf at the time, and having Tonks friends from work or whatever could have risked the Ministry finding out. They might not have even wanted to come given what Remus was.

I don't think it was nearly as grand as Bill and Fleur's as I imagine the couple wouldn't have that much money. A hurried ceremony (I can imagine Tonks refusing to wear a white dress) and a quiet reception, maybe just dinner at their house. Certainly no decorations or flowers or dancing etc.
    I mostly agree with Sarah: it would have to have been kept secret. A quiet wedding with a few friends and a reception somewhere under magical protection. But as easy as it is for wizards to conjure things, I do they might have celebrated with decorations and flowers and music. Bill and Fleur's wedding was a dangerous thing as well, but was big enough because that's probably how the families wanted it. I think Remus would have wanted to keep things quiet, not only for safety and other practical matters, but because he was somewhat unsure that he was good for Dora in the first place, if that makes sense. So a small, quiet wedding in terms of guests and drama, but still lovely... as I imagine it. Good luck!
    Lovely banner by Nadia

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Obliviate!
    Quiet. I think Tonks mentions it was quiet and hushed when she tells Harry in DH. There was probably only a few people there, perhaps just the witnesses. I suspect it could have been Order members only because someone mentions that the Ministry was feeling anti-werewolf at the time, and having Tonks friends from work or whatever could have risked the Ministry finding out. They might not have even wanted to come given what Remus was.

I don't think it was nearly as grand as Bill and Fleur's as I imagine the couple wouldn't have that much money. A hurried ceremony (I can imagine Tonks refusing to wear a white dress) and a quiet reception, maybe just dinner at their house. Certainly no decorations or flowers or dancing etc.

Hope this helps a little.

Sarah x

Wonderful avvie by psijupiter. Totally brilliant and amazing banner by Julia/the opaleye!

LittleJM
    Quote Originally Posted by Iruthb View Post
    Urmm, I'm not sure where else to put this, but what would you imagine Tonks and Remus' wedding was like? We know next to nothing from canon. I can't really imagine what it would be like. Suggestions?
    I'd have to agree with everyone else here, but with another thought to add. I'm pretty sure they were being sought after by Death Eaters, so it couldn't have been a big affair.
    The fact that Peter knew almost everything about Remus limited where they could go and what they could do. I'd also imagine Tonks would make sure it wasn't anyone else's vision of her wedding. Given that most of the Order didn't talk about it around Harry, I'd assume it was the couple and a few witnesses - possibly followed by a dinner.
    Something tells me Remus wouldn't want to advertise the whole thing.

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Earning Points for Sheer Dumb Luck
    Hi Got a question/theory to run by you lovely people

So, in every fic I've read, Remus has lived in a flat, usually in London. However, I wonder if he'd actually be able to afford that, given that the only job we know he's held down is DADA professor, and JKR has said that he's all but unemployable? I suppose he could work in Muggle shops, etc (perhaps faking references to hide the fact that he probably doesn't last long), but his shabby clothes indicate otherwise to me...

My alternative theory is that Remus actually lives in a Wizarding tent (a la the Trio in DH). I know that this isn't the nicest, but to me it makes sense - Magical tents are quite comfortable, there's no rent to pay, he can travel around, find deserted forests, etc for the full moon. I imagine he'd be quite lonely after Lily and James' deaths, and Sirius' conviction (although I'm not sure you can be convicted without a trial... but hey, that's a different issue!), so I think the freedom of being able to up and go whenever he wanted would be quite appealing...

This isn't a huge part of the fic, as it's set during OotP, so he'd only be there during Chapter 1, then he'd be in Grimmauld Place, but I just want to hear your thoughts... is that a plausible situation for Remus? Thanks in advance
    Student * Wannabe Author * IB Survivor * Ravenclaw

Also known as Ithinkrabis2people - nothing like a crackpot theory that doesn't work out