Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Remus Lupin

Mila
    I'm writting a story focusing on the Marauders and I'm having a bit of trouble conciliating Remus being a prefect with his mischievousness and with pranks. How do you think he'd behave? Did he still take part on planning the pranks with the rest of the Mraruders after fifth year? Did he became a lot less mischiveous after he was made prefect? Or do you think he acted a bit like Ron when he became a prefect, not really caring if his friends broke rules and just pretending not to see or hear anything?

Quote Originally Posted by king_to_pine
    I've been wondering. My OC; Tom, is Sirius's son. With Sirius being dead, I was trying to decide how Remus would treat Tom, would he go as far as to adopt him? (this is at the end of the summer after OotP)
    I agree, with Michelle on remus not adopting Sirius' son...I think it wouldn't work out, I mean, can you imagine a warewolf raising a kid, transforming every month? I think Remus is far too responsible to allow that, he probably would keep in touch with the boy through letters and such, but I imagine he would suggest Tom to live with his mother (if she's alive). That's just me though :P

Azhure
    Quote Originally Posted by Mila
    I'm writting a story focusing on the Marauders and I'm having a bit of trouble conciliating Remus being a prefect with his mischievousness and with pranks. How do you think he'd behave? Did he still take part on planning the pranks with the rest of the Mraruders after fifth year? Did he became a lot less mischiveous after he was made prefect? Or do you think he acted a bit like Ron when he became a prefect, not really caring if his friends broke rules and just pretending not to see or hear anything?
    In Snape's memory (OoTP), we see James and Sirius hanging Snape upside down and just generally being immature. Lupin, during all this, was just reading a book. He shows disapproval to his friends' actions but doesn't do anything about it. Also, earlier in the book, Remus mentions that although he was a prefect and saw all of the pranks and the like, he didn't do anything about it.

We get the impression that he didn't exactly approve of the pranks, but he didn't put a halt to them either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mila
    I agree, with Michelle on remus not adopting Sirius' son...I think it wouldn't work out, I mean, can you imagine a warewolf raising a kid, transforming every month? I think Remus is far too responsible to allow that, he probably would keep in touch with the boy through letters and such, but I imagine he would suggest Tom to live with his mother (if she's alive). That's just me though :P
    I'm not really sure. I agree that Remus wouldn't like the idea of looking after the child, but wouldn't he feel somehow responsible for Tom? Just think about the whole thing with Teddy. At first Lupin wasn going to leave Tonks and Teddy. In the end, however, he didn't and he stayed with them. That's what I think he would do if faced the option of looking after Sirius' son.

He would be unsure, but eventually (especially if the mother of the child is no longer around) he would care for Tom. Sirius was one of his best friends, after all.

~~Azhure~~

queen fan
    I would have to say that Remus would care for Tom the best he could, but he wouldn't adopt him. He almost left Tonks when his own child was born. It took Harry yelling at him about it to realize that he had to care for his son. Remus would just not make the decision to adopt him.

Remus would be like Ron, to some extent. I don't think he would go and take Fanged Frizbees from whoever for his own personal enjoyment, but I don't think that he'll go and be like Hermione. He did ignore James and Sirius when they were messing with Snape, so I think that would be his usual response to James and Sirius doing anything wrong.

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    With regard to Tonks being radiant at the wedding. - I think it likely she's pregnant but she may not know it yet. My reasoning is that the wedding takes place 1st August (day after Harry's birthday) Teddy is born sometime around the end of April (it's after they've escaped from Malfoy Manor which takes place during Easter holidays). Thus conception must have been July/August.

Sirius' son I don't think Remus would adopt him. Partly he's too scared of what he could do to someone when he's a werewolf. Even if he takes a potion he's asleep for a day or so which hardly makes him capable of caring for a child. Unless you have Tonks taking a caring role too- I guess that could work. The other reason is that he has no money and can barely afford things for himself, let alone a child. However he would look out for the child. Remember in OOTP he re-assures Molly that if her and Arthur die he'll look out for their children. I think he'd do it as part of a group but not by himself.

On a different and much more trivial subject- What colour are Lupin's eyes?
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

The Marauding Cupcake

Wink

On a different and much more trivial subject- What colour are Lupin's eyes?
    This is strictly a matter of personal opinion as his eye colour has not been revealed, that I know of. For me, I've always seen them as some shade of brown. I particularly like a lighter brown, maybe even amber. I say this because it ties in with the overall way that I see Remus in my mind. He tries to blend into the background and not stand out, and even though he has no control over his own eye colour, it just completes the image for me.

Honestly, you could make them any colour you fancy.

~Michelle (The One Who Marauds... where ever Remus is)

lupins_girl2006

:confused:

I have a really big question. Ok. I'm writing this fic where my main character is an animagus and Remus says that a werewolf can smell an animagus when they are in the same room and vis versa. I was wondering what people would think Remus' scent would be. I can't really think of anything for him and I would really appreciate the help if you could give any.

~Allie

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    I'm writing this fic where my main character is an animagus and Remus says that a werewolf can smell an animagus when they are in the same room and vis versa
    One problem I can see: in PoA, Remus and Scabbers (Pettigrew) were both in a titchy little train compartment together. Wouldn't Remus have smelled Pettigrew, if he could sniff out Animagi?

I'd think Remus would smell like... dark chocolate. Because he's sweet, but has that slightly dark, bitter side to him as well. Also, in PoA he gives out chocolate so often, it's a nice link, if you know what I mean.

Good luck with your fic!
    ~Phia

(Avvie and banner by me, quote from Fancy, by John Keats)

lupins_girl2006
    Lol. Thanks. I see what you mean by the whole Scabbers thing and all, but maybe Remus lived in a poor place for so long that he was use to the smell of a rat, and seeing the condition that Pettigrew kept himself, he could have smelled like any old rat since he hadn't been a human in twelve years. Also, Remus learns within the first two months of the school year that Sirius is innocent, a bit AU, but the main character also happens to be Harry's sister. A little confusing, but it's explained in the story if you wanted to read it.

Other than that, yea I think you're right about the chocolate. I hope you don't mind if I take that.

~Allie

Azhure
    Remus lived in a poor place for so long that he was use to the smell of a rat, and seeing the condition that Pettigrew kept himself, he could have smelled like any old rat since he hadn't been a human in twelve years
    I'm not so sure about this. I would think that he would know Pettigrew's smell (they were friends for many years, after all). And even though Peter was a rat for twelve years, he was still human. Surely his smell would've been distinct.

~~Azhure~~

lupins_girl2006
    Good point. That is also in the story. He was a human, giving him his distinct smell, but he was a rat and the rat smell probably covered most of his human smell.

~Allie