Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Remus Lupin

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    McGonagall Likes My Quidditch Skills

Hmm...

Hi,

Michelle:

why was the wedding (R/T) quick and quiet
    Well, Remus says Tonks' parents don't actually like him much, right? So given that even the parents are disapproving, its a time of war and only the couple are happy about the prospect of marriage, then I'd guess the marriage would be quiet.

why did Voldemort ask about Draco babysitting the "pups"
    You-Know-Who was simply jeering on the fact that a relation to the Malfoy family married a werewolf. It'd be considered a sin as far as he is considered. Draco was merely being used a way to the mock the family, I guess.

why Tonks was glowing and Remus was miserable at Bill and Fleur's wedding?
    Well, to this I can't be really sure. Could it be the fact that Tonks was pregnant at that time or is it too early still? Maybe she was just happy. Either of them, anyways. Someone else' comment could be useful, I think.

As far as Neville's question is concerned, I'm inclined to believe both Michelle and Alice. Given how Remus behaves towards the news of his own child, I'd guess that he'll consider it harmful for Sirius' son to be any close to him. However, then again, would he just leave his best friend's son like that? Alice is right because Dumbledore himself took the charge of Harry's caretaking and Remus is likely to have respected his decision to bring up Harry without any knowledge of the Wizarding world.

On a second note, see the difference b/w Remus and Sirius. I know there is no way we can be sure if Remus ever tried to lay his eyes on Harry before he they met on the train, but see how Sirius first comes to Privet Drive before moving towards Hogwarts. Now, I'm wondering that if Dumbledore had not offered him the job, would he have approached Harry at all? Hmm...

-Akay

"Same story, different versions, and all are true."
    - Tia Dalma, Pirates of the Caribbean II

Lovely banner by ze bean and avatar from the brilliant
    LJ home of mrserinreynolds

deviantART page here

jenny b
    Why Tonks was glowing and Remus was miserable at Bill and Fleur's wedding?
    As far as I can remember (I'm too lazy to get up to find my copy of DH), it was only a few weeks after the wedding when Remus came to see the trio at Grimmauld Place. So it's definitely plausible that she may have been pregnant then, and that's what I've always thought.

Although, I think that Remus may have been second-guessing his marriage even before Tonks found out she was pregnant, which might have been due to her familys' feelings about Tonks marrying a werewolf.

rainydaze
    I think that Remus would not have taken in Sirius's son, just because he already had so much to deal with: employment/livelihood being one of the biggest. Not to mention, would he really want to risk maybe forgetting his potion one day and killing/turning Sirius's only child? No, more likely he would look after him as an uncle, make sure he had a good home and keep in touch (Like he does with Harry later on in the books) and be there to sympathize with and instruct. I don't think he would have taken him in-- he doesn't trust himself enough.

clumsywerewolf2438
    In that time when they get together again, Tonks gets pregnant and that is why he marries her and then has doubts
    I just don't see Remus as the type to get a woman pregnant before he marries her, or Tonks as the type of girl who'd sleep with a man before she married him...it just seems kind of against their character.

Why was the wedding (R/T) quick and quiet?
    Well, as Tonks said at Bill and Fleur's wedding, the Ministry was being "very anti-werewolf" so that's a huge factor; if they found out that one of their employees was marrying a werewolf, it could have cost Tonks her job.

Why did Voldemort ask about Draco babysitting the "pups"?
    I feel Voldemort asked Draco about babysitting the "pups" because he was mocking Tonks' Death Eater relatives for what had become of that part of their family.

It was probably because, by that time, they had found out that she was pregnant. It would have had to have been about that time, because Remus leaves to go offer his help to Harry, Ron and Hermione shortly after the wedding.

BertieBotsBeans741
    Okay I've searched everywhere and I can't find this, at least on these boards. So, I apologize if this is the wrong place.

Did we ever find out what Remus' transformations feel like? I know they must have been painful, but I want to know what kind of sensations he would have felt.

Nevermind, I asked this elsewhere.

Brittany *who is drinking OJ*

tbsbooboo
    I really like the idea of his patronus being a badger, something about that just fits. And it makes sense as well!

tbsbooboo
    Quote Originally Posted by king_to_pine
    I've been wondering. My OC; Tom, is Sirius's son. With Sirius being dead, I was trying to decide how Remus would treat Tom, would he go as far as to adopt him? (this is at the end of the summer after OotP)

I could almost see him drinking during the hard times of his life, like after dropping his dada job or after he left Tonks. As well as drinking recreationally, though only on ocassion.

P.S. im not sure if wizard drinks are even the same or similar as their muggle counterparts...

Hmm, I think that really just depends, how in love are he and Tonks? I mean, we don't know much about them, we just know they love each other. But when does it start? And does Tonks want a family? I think that he would do it, but I also think that he would consider a lot of factors, I mean, who is going to take care of this child during his "time of the month"? I think in a perfect would he would adopt this chi,ld and everyone would live happily ever after, but we all know that the world of Harry Potter is not always one where everybody lives happily ever after.
    SO basically it is up tp you to decide all the factors that go into his decision, and the person that Remus is going to be in your story.
    Tay

Azhure
    It was probably a lot to do with Tonks being pregnant.

Another reason could be that a lot the Ministry of Magic was falling (and actually did 'fall' at the end of the wedding), therefore, Remus would have been under a lot of pressure about his 'condition.' Especially with Greyback still around, Remus would be constantly worrying about being sent to Azkaban and even worse.

~~Azhure~~

Parchment and Quill

A question (I know, shocker...)

Quote Originally Posted by BertieBotsBeans741
    Okay I've searched everywhere and I can't find this, at least on these boards. So, I apologize if this is the wrong place.

Did we ever find out what Remus' transformations feel like? I know they must have been painful, but I want to know what kind of sensations he would have felt.

Nevermind, I asked this elsewhere.

Brittany *who is drinking OJ*
    Hmm, interesting question Brittany. I'll get back to you on it.

tbsbooboo (Taylen), I agree with you. It would have to do with how you want to write Remus' character on how he'd treat Tom.

Tonks would have been glowing because (I'm going to be a boring prat now, beware...) she was pregnant. She probably was. As for Remus knowing, he wouldn't at that point. I don't think he would of run off weeks after knowing (or days anyway). He would have run off soon after he found out (a few days at most).

I have a question though (shocker, I know). Would Remus date anyone when he was at Hogwarts. I think he wouldn't, because of how he reacted with Tonks', but then he might of then.

And would his lycanthropy have any difference on his normal day to day behaviour away from the actual transformations and his own mental problems/ boundaries because of it.

Another thing, what would the side effects be of having lycanthropy? Headaches, pains, tiredness....

Ok, so that was more like 3 questions, but who cares (probably a lot of you, but still). Thought's and suggestions would be nice.

~ Parchment and Quill

Oh, and hope your enjoying the Orange Juice, Brittany. Funny, I had some earlier today.

clumsywerewolf2438
    I have a question though (shocker, I know). Would Remus date anyone when he was at Hogwarts. I think he wouldn't, because of how he reacted with Tonks', but then he might of then.

I don't know if he would have, because he seemed more shy and reserved than James and Sirius and I don't think either of them were as much the ladies' men that so many fics portray them as. So, if James and Sirius--two popular guys, who were pretty good looking--turned down dates, then certainly the boy who was worried about being a werewolf and aging prematurely would have, too. Perhaps he had a girlfriend later on at Hogwarts--I'd say sixth or seventh year--as he got more used to being around other witches and wizards, but he probably would have broken up with her either before she found out about his lycanthropy or after, whether she cared about it or not.

And would his lycanthropy have any difference on his normal day to day behaviour away from the actual transformations and his own mental problems/ boundaries because of it.

That's a tough one. I think that he'd probably be rather tired all the time because he'd lose so much sleep during the full moon. I don't know if that counts as part of the "actual transformations," but it's all I can think of at the moment. If I can think of more, I'll come back and edit them in.

Another thing, what would the side effects be of having lycanthropy?

Well, the books describe Remus as having a prematurely lined face and grey hair. He also appears exhausted. I think another side effect would be a slight wariness of "normal" wizards, because they seem to be afraid of him and rather rude.