Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Bellatrix Lestrange

Azhure
    In my opinion, I think Bellatrix would have the sort of love for her children that someone else would for their most prized possesion. She would treat them royaly, and the children would grow up spoilt, but there would not be any actual love.

~~Azhure~~

quibblequill
    Do you think she finds joy in torturing/killing others?
    Yes, I honestly do. I think Bellatrix often goes out of her way to torture others.

Do you think she's in love with Voldemort, or is it just the power?
    No, I think she's more obsessed. It's not exactly love, and though I'm not so sure she CAN love, I'll state that her 'obsession' is rather strong.

Would she give her life for Voldemort, or is it more important?
    Yes. If that was what Voldemort asked of her, she'd do it in a heartbeat.

Does she really love Rodolphus?
    I don't think so. Their relationship SCREAMS arranged to me.

How deep do you think her feelings run?
    That's a good question. Feelings about what?

Kudos for trying to portray Bellatrix. Not so many people can!

Ravenclaws_Heir
    Do you think she finds joy in torturing/killing others?
    Oh, absolutely. Torture and murder are her hobbies and specialties. As Dumbledore (I think...) said, she likes to play with her food before she eats it.

Do you think she's in love with Voldemort, or is it just the power?
    I personally think that she was in love with the power he had and the fear he incites. Voldemort was just a male version of Bellatrix. More evil perhaps, but they definitely had their similarities.

Would she give her life for Voldemort, or is it more important?
    I think that she would be ready and willing to suffer for him, but whether or not she would actually willing die in his defence is something I'd have to think about a little more.

Does she really love Rodolphus?
    She married him out of her Pureblood mania. I think it was arranged by her parents and she didn't object to it. To answer your question, no, I don't think she loved him at all.

How deep do you think her feelings run?
    For Voldemort...she was fiercely (sp?) loyal to him. She tried not to question his motives or ideas and would be ready and willing to torture and kill anyone for disloyalty.

Roonil_Wazlib125

Bellatrix Lestrange

Bellatrix... dear dear Bellatrix. You have great questions!! Enjoy my answers!!

Do you think she finds joy in torturing/killing others? Yes. I think she finds enjoyment in the torture and misery of others. Why else would she be with Voldemort?? She absoulutely loves killing people!!!

Do you think she's in love with Voldemort, or is it just the power? I think she's truly in love with Voldemort. Or, as much love as she can manage. (Which isn't much) But she truly is in love with him. The book gives several hints of her hunger for him. So yes, she loves him.

Would she give her life for Voldemort, or is it more important? I think she might give her life for him.... In return for his sorrow and undying love for her after she's dead.

Does she really love Rodolphus? No, because as I expressed before, she's too busy loving Voldemort. I think that the marriage was set up. He's a Pureblood and she is a Pureblood. I think she had to marry him, but didn't love him.

How deep do you think her feelings run? Not very deep. Her hatred runs deeper than her love, and her desire for death runs deep. Her love runs deep only for Lord Voldemort. Other than that, her feelings are very shallow.

Well, that was fun!! Awesome questions!!!

Annmarie/Roonil_Wazlib125

cinnamonapple
    Wow! This is a great discussion. I have a few questions of my own!
    How many years were between her and each of her sisters?
    And her and Sirius?
    Did she have any other cousins besides Regulus and Sirius?
    What were her parents names, and Sirius' parents?
    Does anybody think she would have been pretty/prettier when she was younger?
    Thanks for the help, (I'd check Lexicon, but it won't work for me!)

MarieEvans760
    Sara here is a link to the Bellatrix area on the Lexicon. I know its having some major difficulties right now. I hope that helped.

http://69.61.53.28/wizards/bellatrix.html

Marie

leahsm2
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyratearsx
    No, I disagree. Sociopaths know they're doing something wrong but don't care. What you're talking about is a physcopath. She would know what she's doing is wrong, so therefore would try really hard not to get caught, unless she didn't really care about house points, which I can't imagine.

I have a question. How would she treat children? I have this idea that she would be quite cold and just drill them about blood purity, but I'd like a second opinion.

~Lyra
    Hee. I came in here to find info, but saw this. Actually the term I should have used is "Antisocial Personality Disorder" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisoc...ality_disorder)
    but basically it just means a blatant disregard for others. I still like the idea of schoolgirl Bellatrix not giving a hoot and messing up royally in the eyes of those in charge, but that's just me

Anyway, Did the Lestrange's live in the city or the country?

cmwinters
    Quote Originally Posted by leahsm2
    Did the Lestrange's live in the city or the country?
    I don't think we officially know. However, apparently her family expected her to make a respectable pure-blood marriage, and between Lucius Malfoy having that enormous manor house in Wiltshire as well as the Victorian Grimmauld Place, I think we can infer what the Black family considered "respectable".

Bellatrix would never, NEVER marry "beneath her station", and she would never marry into a family of blood traitors. Frankly, as horrible as the idea of a child born to Bella and Rodolphus is, I'm shocked she never bore an heir, because surely THAT was expected of her. (Although, come to that, we don't *know* she never had a *daughter* . . . she said she didn't have *sons*, but it's possible she married Rodolphus more or less as soon as she left Hogwarts, had her daughter a "respectable" time later, and Narcissa could still have been in school at the time, because Bella's four years older. So if Bella left Hogwarts in June 1970, she could have gotten married within, say, a year, had her daughter within the next year, and even if she didn't give birth until December 1972, the girl would have been seven and a half by the time Draco was born. Assuming Narcissa and Lucius took Bella and Rodolphus' theoretical daughter when the Lestrange trio were imprisoned, she'd have been nearly nine, gone off to Hogwarts two or three years later, and Draco may well have not had enough exposure to her to really have any reason to mention her. </random>

Right, houses.

I've seen people argue with some efficacy that at least some of the purebloods have land and station at least partially as a result of being involved in Muggle politics in the past. This is certainly not an unreasonable thing for them to do if it would get them something they wanted or if the Muggles happened to be moving in the same general directions as their own goals. I have heard and cannot confirm the veracity that at some point it was only landowners who could vote, (and thus have a voice and decision in the governing process), and that land was sometimes granted as a favour to the nobility or for distinguished military service.

To this end I can see a long-dead ancestor Lestrange, for example, fighting in the Crusades because s/he'd be going along with a big group of people impressively armed to a place s/he wanted to go anyway, because some person at the destination had something s/he wanted and/or had gravely offended him (or her) or the family or some such. Just for example. And then being granted land as a result of that.

Um, Renderplus has an interesting (and about 1000 year old) history of the Lestrange family in England complete with some city names that might be able to help you.

leahsm2
    Wow. Thanks, cmwinters for another site I would have never fallen over It should prove pretty useful!

Victoire
    Do you think she finds joy in torturing/killing others?Yes, I think that over the years Bella's mind has just been twisted, if it hadnt already been in the first place. She got caught up in what she beleived in, the killing of a race.
    Do you think she's in love with Voldemort, or is it just the power?I personally beleive her to love him. And I think even Jo said that she does. Just going by how she is described in the books while speaking of Voldemort I think one can see her admiration of him and her love. He's everything she aspired to be, everything the she and her family beleived in.
    Would she give her life for Voldemort, or is it more important?There is not a doubt in my mind that she would
    Does she really love Rodolphus?No, as I said before I beleive her to be in love with Voldemort. I think that she married Rodolphus just to please her family and do what was supposed to be done. She saw it as her duty to marry another of pureblood lineage
    How deep do you think her feelings run?Deep with her desire to rid the world of mudbloods. Other then that, not very deep at all

Wow! This is a great discussion. I have a few questions of my own!
    How many years were between her and each of her sisters?
    And her and Sirius?
    Did she have any other cousins besides Regulus and Sirius?
    What were her parents names, and Sirius' parents?
    Does anybody think she would have been pretty/prettier when she was younger?
    Thanks for the help, (I'd check Lexicon, but it won't work for me!)
    Bella is the oldest, Andromeda the middle child, and Narcissa was the baby of the family.
    I beleive that Bella would have been in her 7th year when Sirius was starting his 1st, with Narcissa in her 2nd. Just throw Andromeda in the mix somwhere

No, she did not have any other cousin besides Sirius and Regulus. Unless it was on her mothers side, her maiden name being Rosier. So it it could have very well been Evan, a death eater as well.

Bella's parents were Druella Rosier and Cygnus Black
    Sirius parents were Walburga Black and Orion Black

Bellatrix was said to have been extremely beautiful when she was younger, most of the Black were blessed with good looks *cough cough* (sirius)