Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bellatrix Lestrange

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    If you check on Lexicon, the following physical description is listed for her:

Appearance
    Eyes: Dark, heavy-lidded.
    Hair: Long, black hair (DH26) .
    Other characteristics: Tall, with a harsh voice, and a thin mouth.
    Pre-Azkaban: had thick, shining hair (GF).
    Post-Azkaban: face is gaunt and skull-like (GF).
    I would say she would not have blue eyes based on this description.
    There is no middle name listed for her.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

dancing_in_moon_pools
    Thank you!
    I should go on Lexicon more often!!!
    Two the two of you who replied-thanks!

MabelJT
    I'm writing a fic that's set in the Marauders Era... One of the main characters happen to be Bellatrix and I have a few questions that would be very helpful if answered:

From all the information J.K Rowling has told us, what would you assume Bella's favorite class at Hogwarts was?

What class(es) would she have trouble in?

What class(es) would she have excelled in?

In your opinion, was Bellatrix the gimme-your-assignment-so-i-can-copy type of person or would she be the responsible-can-do-no-wrong-prefect and take the time to do her own assignments?

Also, it is known that she's in Slytherin - the house for the cunning, sly and ambitious. Would it be incredibly OCC if I make her do something foolish - for example, curse a muggleborn while a professor's present or use the term 'mudblood' in front of a teacher AND gets herself in trouble/loses housepoints?

AND I need all you creative thinkers on this one: Suppose Bella is the one that always loses housepoints for Slytherin - what would she REPEATEDLY DO to lose house points? Something that's not OCC like pulling or something because I find that very.. uhh.. Marauder-like.

MabelJT
    One other quick question:

We know she was sadistic and enjoyed torturing and all but the question is was she like that during her time at hogwarts? do you think she walks around campus using unforgivables (well, at least normal curses/hexes) on muggleborns and halfbloods?

It doesn't seem out of character at all if she did, but it's strange considering Dumbledore was Headmaster at the time. But I still wouldn't put it part her though, lol.

I need an answer, thanks.

Third Year Hufflepuff
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea
    Quote Originally Posted by MabelJT

From all the information J.K Rowling has told us, what would you assume Bella's favorite class at Hogwarts was?
    I think that she would have enjoyed the practical spell classes. Charms, Transfiguration. She probably wouldn't like Defense Against the Dark Arts (preferring to learn the Dark Arts)

What class(es) would she have trouble in?
    Potions, Herbology and Care of Magical Creatures. I don't see her having the patience for them, and in the last two cases seeing the point.

What class(es) would she have excelled in?
    Charms, Transfiguration and Defense Against the Dark Arts. She seems to be a powerful witch, and I think that these would play to her strenghts.

In your opinion, was Bellatrix the gimme-your-assignment-so-i-can-copy type of person or would she be the responsible-can-do-no-wrong-prefect and take the time to do her own assignments?
    I see her as an proud person who would feel ashamed to ask someone to help her, let alone copy.

Also, it is known that she's in Slytherin - the house for the cunning, sly and ambitious. Would it be incredibly OCC if I make her do something foolish - for example, curse a muggleborn while a professor's present or use the term 'mudblood' in front of a teacher AND gets herself in trouble/loses housepoints?
    Sorry, but yes. I think that she would be good at not getting caught.

AND I need all you creative thinkers on this one: Suppose Bella is the one that always loses housepoints for Slytherin - what would she REPEATEDLY DO to lose house points? Something that's not OCC like pulling or something because I find that very.. uhh.. Marauder-like.
    As I've said, I don't think that she'd get caught. Using Sectumsempra on muggle borns maybe.

leahsm2
    Suppose Bella is the one that always loses housepoints for Slytherin - what would she REPEATEDLY DO to lose house points?

I think Bella is a Sociopath, which means she would have no clue how to act in a civil manner, and would lose points left and right just by being herself. You could have her inadvertently doing all sorts of nasty things and being generally surprised that she gets in trouble, because in her world view it would be her birth right to trample the weak (I.E. the rest of humanity.)

Lyratearsx
    No, I disagree. Sociopaths know they're doing something wrong but don't care. What you're talking about is a physcopath. She would know what she's doing is wrong, so therefore would try really hard not to get caught, unless she didn't really care about house points, which I can't imagine.

I have a question. How would she treat children? I have this idea that she would be quite cold and just drill them about blood purity, but I'd like a second opinion.

~Lyra

MabelJT
    She teaches Draco Occlumency(sp?) and seems quite proud in the first chapter of HBP where she tells Narcissa that she should be proud that Draco isn't 'shrinking away from duty; seems glad for the chance to prove himself; excited at the prospect'

I can imagine her training them to duel, turning them into clones of herself; worshipping the Dark Lord's every move.

Things like that.

But I don't find her as the type to literally 'care' for the child. She wouldn't have the patience for it and would find the task dull and tedious. If it were her own child, I think she would love the child, though her love for Voldemort is greater and she would ' be glad to give them up to the service of the Dark Lord'

She says she would 'glad'. I think if it came to the point where she is asked to sacrifice her child, I don't really think she would be 'glad'. She must have some kind of feeling for the child she herself gave birth to, how mentally unstable she is and all.

Just a little of my two cents worth, = )

Lyratearsx
    Thanks! But I meant like, children in general, not hers.
    The Draco stuff kind of helped, but I was thinking along the lines of the pure-blood children of her friends.

~Lyra

MasterBergin
    Bellatrix wouldn't care one way or another for kids, whether they be hers or someone elses, as long as they fit her idea of a proper wizard or witch. She obviously doesn't have any reservations against attacking, torturing, or killing children. She believes so blindly in the importance of pure blood and the greatness of Voldemort that she'd do anything to make him proud, kind of like an attention starved little kid who does anything and everything to get a second glance from their mother or father. I mean she said she'd gladly give up her sons in service to the Dark Lord, service that could easily leave them dead. That's something that most any decent parent would never think of. Narcissa Malfoy probably had no choice but to allow Draco to accept Voldemorts mission of punishment, whereas Bellatrix would've been volunteering her kids like Hermione volunteers answers