Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Molly Weasley

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Is this before or after Fred'd death?

If after, she might be relieved that George is getting on with his life. I agree that Molly isnt likely to be all Victorian about sex - although I think her attitude may be different if she found Ginny in bed with Draco, say. (She worshipped Harry so I can't see that being a problem )

You could go down the route that one of my friend's mothers did. She discovered him in bed with a girl when she was bringing him a cup of tea, then she promptly turned round and brought a second cup for the girl. *snort*

Carole

Banner by the fabulous Julia - theoplaeye

Black-Sand
    G'day

It's before Freds death but seeing as she really doesn't like nor trust this girl I don't see her turning around and getting a second cup. Their at Grimmald(SP) Place and Molly knows she's in the house just not that she and George are sleeping together.

She's been trying to break them up, instead they wake up without knowing she's there and say how they love each other.

...xXxLove SandyxXx...

Inverarity
    Quote Originally Posted by Black-Sand
    It's before Freds death but seeing as she really doesn't like nor trust this girl I don't see her turning around and getting a second cup. Their at Grimmald(SP) Place and Molly knows she's in the house just not that she and George are sleeping together.

She's been trying to break them up, instead they wake up without knowing she's there and say how they love each other.
    How meddlesome are you trying to portray Molly? How is she going to "break up" her son's relationship?

Assuming this is after George has turned seventeen, Molly doesn't really have much to say about who he chooses to shag. (Well, she might have a lot to say about it, but he doesn't have to listen to her. George might love and respect his mother, but I don't think he'd let her tell him who he can sleep with.)

I think in the situation you are describing, Molly would look upset and offended, and then bite her tongue. I don't think she'd launch into a tirade in front of them. She probably would try to take George aside when his girlfriend isn't around, and express her misgivings, but I think she'd know better than to try to order him to break up with her or issue ultimatums.

leahsm2
    Quote Originally Posted by Inverarity
    I think in the situation you are describing, Molly would look upset and offended, and then bite her tongue. I don't think she'd launch into a tirade in front of them. She probably would try to take George aside when his girlfriend isn't around, and express her misgivings, but I think she'd know better than to try to order him to break up with her or issue ultimatums.
    I think she'd have an absolute fit. Granted Grimmauld Place isn't her actual home, but she does seem to take on a sort of matronly role there. You don't say how old the trio are, but Ginny would still be underage and I think she'd be worried about the example he was setting. I also think she'd feel that he was somehow sullying the hospitality of their host (although I'm sure Sirius/Harry wouldn't mind.) Plus, you have all the members of the Order traipsing about and who knows what dignitaries might be there . . . She might be able to hold her tirade at that moment (but I wouldn't bet on it), but I'm sure there would be hell to pay eventually.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    First Brush With A Dementor

So what if she doesn't trust her? George probably had better things to whisper in his girlfriends ear that night than the order's most precious secrets.
    If she's really annoyed about them being together in the first place, say as she was annoyed with Fleur in the beginning, she wouldn't be the mother who stands there screaming at her son about what a disgrace he is. I can actually imagine Molly walking into the room and completely ignore the awkwardness of the situation, while the two of them whisper fondly into each other's ear. She'd draw back the curtains, maybe pick up some dirty laundry, and tell the two of them that they'd better dress and hurry downstairs because breakfast is ready and there's still a lot of work to do for the day.
    This would be awfully embarassing for George, and he certainly wouldn't risk being caught again. Also, Molly would need a reason to plopp in without knocking first, so announcing breakfast seems sort of likely.

leahsm2
    Well, I'd think George would've charmed the door first off, to keep people out, as he's not completely thick, but, if Molly did gain entry, the woman who eventually got the better of Bellatrix Black is not the sort to handle things diplomatically, at least I don't think so

Black-Sand
    G'day

Okay, I have a hell of a lot of different answers. Where's a Canon King or Queen when you need them?

The reason she's going up there is because the order had a part of such because of Fred and George's shop and their excape from Hogwarts. (Set during fifth book, obviously) and she was going up to his room cause she was proud that he had dicided to go to bed early instead of getting drunk. She was bringing him a coffee when she finds out the real reason he went to bed. Oops! She doesn't know that George had even lost his viginity so at first she's shocked and the two notice her while she's still shocked and all George saids is, "Mum." Then I'm stuck.

Inverarity: She meddles by talking in George's ear about how she's untrust worthy because she used to be on the other side and how she's probably used Dark Arts. George ignores her but still.

Karaley Dargen
    So what if she doesn't trust her? George probably had better things to whisper in his girlfriends ear that night than the order's most precious secrets.
    *Giggles* Thanks for the idea!

...xXxLove SandyxXx...

Inverarity
    Quote Originally Posted by Black-Sand
    Okay, I have a hell of a lot of different answers. Where's a Canon King or Queen when you need them?
    You're not going to get a "canonical" answer, because Molly could react in several different ways that would all be consistent with her character in canon.

The reason she's going up there is because the order had a part of such because of Fred and George's shop and their excape from Hogwarts. (Set during fifth book, obviously) and she was going up to his room cause she was proud that he had dicided to go to bed early instead of getting drunk. She was bringing him a coffee when she finds out the real reason he went to bed. Oops! She doesn't know that George had even lost his viginity so at first she's shocked and the two notice her while she's still shocked and all George saids is, "Mum." Then I'm stuck.
    Okay, a mother bringing her grown son coffee in bed strikes me as just a little bit creepy. Since when does Molly bring any of her children breakfast in bed?

Why would she know that he'd lost his virginity, or expect to know? That's not exactly something most guys announce to their mothers...

So, in the situation you describe, I'd say her reaction could plausibly range from turning around and walking out without a word to yelling at him about being irresponsible and foolish, and then storming out. Considering it is not her house, though, she can't really issue demands, so I doubt she'd try.

leahsm2
    Or, maybe, she brought up coffee because he'd been drinking and she was worried about him and was hoping for a "quiet word" about such behavior? But, again, when she sees what she sees, she goes stupid, in my opinion.

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Hmm,

Okay you've explained a bit.

Right first off, I doubt Molly would be shocked about her son losing his virginity - it would be different if it was Ginny because I do think Molly would have double standards. What I think would shock Molly is that it's there in front of her. No mother really wants to see their child in flagrante and vice versa.

Okay, a mother bringing her grown son coffee in bed strikes me as just a little bit creepy. Since when does Molly bring any of her children breakfast in bed?
    I don't see this as creepy and do think Molly would do this - remember she was going to bring Harry breakfast in bed but Fleur took the tray instead. My Mum frequently used to bring my brother a cup of tea in bed - I honestly don't think that's odd or creepy at all - he was just a spoilt mummys boy (my brother I mean).
    Mind you, Molly simply doesn't have time to take everyone in her family a cup of tea so to give her a motive how about she suspects George has the girl in his room (except that's creepier) or more likely he's overslept and she thinks he's ill so wants to check up on him.

Considering it is not her house, though, she can't really issue demands, so I doubt she'd try.
    Err, that's never stopped her in the past especially when she was trying to stop Sirius telling Harry about the Order. I agree she shouldn't issue demands but quite frankly I still think Molly would issue them.

Right, here goes with the scenario going through my head. Molly walks in with a cup of tea, drops cup of tea and George says "Mum!". (Am I right so far?). She doesn't like the girl and she doesn't trust her but... I can't see her throwing a complete fit immediately. I think she'd look shocked, say George's name refuse to look at the girl and then walk out. George would be getting out of bed to talk to his mum (comedy moment because he's undressed and probably doesn't want to be naked infront of his mum.) Molly gives him the silent treatment for the rest of the day,(crashing pots around) then when he comes to her (because he's expecting her to yell and this is worse) she explains why she doesn't like the girl - she may start calmly but then gets more ranty. George defends girl and threatens to leave GP to live above shop taking girl with him.
    Molly takes it out on someone else (probably Mundungus).

Also I think she may try to talk to the girl or the girl will talk to her. That won't be a success but I think it's plausible.

Meanwhile Arthur is oblivious, Sirius and Tonks think it's funny and Remus is trying to be all diplomatic. (sorry gone off on a tangent.)

Carole

Banner by the fabulous Julia - theoplaeye