Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Molly Weasley

Sunny_Rainbow

Mrs. Weasley Characterization

For a fanfic I'm working on I need to get Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny alone in a beach house for the summer. It needs to happen or my plot alters. The trio is 19 in the fic and Ginny is 18. I need a way to keep Mrs. Weasley in character but get her to let them spend the summer together. Please help me!

Inverarity
    If Ginny is 18 and Ron is 19, they are legally adults, and they don't need their mother's permission. Of course, that doesn't mean that Molly's disapproval wouldn't bother them, but I think Ron and Ginny together are capable of standing up to their mother.

If they are all engaged by then, then even more so.

If you really want them to be afraid of their mother's disapproval, though, you could have them promise that the boys and girls will be sleeping in separate rooms. Does Molly really think that 18- and 19-year-olds need chaperones?

Incidentally, it's fanon that Molly would freak out at the idea of her adult children having sex before marriage. We don't really know from the books just how much of a prude she is. We do get the impression that she's a very "involved" mother, and she's certainly protective of Ginny, but that doesn't necessarily mean she expects them to remain virgins until their wedding day.

LuckyRatTail
    Mmh... I think it's more likely that Molly would agree to this if she thought there might be a chaperone there. I mean - they might be 'of age' in the Wizarding World, but she was still very protective of Fred and George in OotP when she wouldn't let them become members of the Order.

I'd say if you have someone who's supposed to be chaperoning them, but then lets them go on their own at the last minute, that's really the only way she'd agree to it. Perhaps the chaperone had car/train/broom trouble, or something came up business/family-wise and they couldn't go?

Hope that helps ;o)

Azhure
    I agree with most of your points, LuckyRatTail, except this one:

I mean - they might be 'of age' in the Wizarding World, but she was still very protective of Fred and George in OotP when she wouldn't let them become members of the Order.
    Who wouldn't be protective of their children wanting to join a group of people who are facing Death Eaters? The Order isn't a casual thing to get into. We all know that people have sacrificed their lives - and their sanity - for the sake of the Order. I think the protectiveness isn't just Molly, it's any mother, no matter whether the children are 'of age' or not.

~~Azhure~~

Sorenowl
    I really don't think Mrs. Weasly would mind. She's probably immensely happy with the pairings they have gotten into since Hermione and Harry are basically her children. To keep her her Mrs. Weasly self though, you could have her hoovering over them asking questions like, "When are you going to get married/engaged?" "Remember to use protection." Were sunblock!" ECT.

Best of luck on the fic by the way ^^

harryginny4eva61
    I'm writing a story about a girl named Gen Bosworth whose is Harry and Ginny's daughter, but from before they were married. How would molly react when Gen came into the story? Would she be amd at Ginny for not telling her, or would she be mad at harry for the whole thing?

Inverarity
    Quote Originally Posted by harryginny4eva61
    I'm writing a story about a girl named Gen Bosworth whose is Harry and Ginny's daughter, but from before they were married. How would molly react when Gen came into the story? Would she be amd at Ginny for not telling her, or would she be mad at harry for the whole thing?
    She'd be mad at both of them. But I think her main concern would be for her granddaughter.

Why would Ginny not tell her mother about having a child with Harry?

harryginny4eva61
    Ginny didn't say anything because of the war and her mother was afraid enough. That's what Ginny thought anyways. Then she didn't want to bring on Molly's wrath.

Black-Sand
    G'day

How do you think Molly would react to finding out one of her sons lost his viginity to someone she hates but her some 'clams' (her words not the story linez) to love.

After she gets out of her shock of course. I have it that she walks in to see them asleep and with ne clothes on. Not that she sees any thing. The first thing I have her do is drop her coffee cup.

...xXxLove SandyxXx...

Inverarity
    Quote Originally Posted by Black-Sand
    G'day

How do you think Molly would react to finding out one of her sons lost his viginity to someone she hates but her some 'clams' (her words not the story linez) to love.

After she gets out of her shock of course. I have it that she walks in to see them asleep and with ne clothes on. Not that she sees any thing. The first thing I have her do is drop her coffee cup.
    I think she'd be more annoyed that they did it in her house than she would be at the idea of one of her sons having sex with a girl she might not approve of.

A pet peeve of mine (maybe should go in the "Fan Fiction Faux Pas" thread) is Molly The Overprotective Mother Who Expects All Of Her Children To Be Virgins When They Marry.

I'm not saying she'd be perfectly okay with her children sleeping around (especially not in her house), but there's no evidence in the books that the Weasleys have such a Victorian mindset.