Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Molly Weasley

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    McGonagall Likes My Quidditch Skills
    I'm not sure she was involved in the first war, even though she would have known things because of her two brothers who were. When Molly gets distraught over the Boggart in OotP, Remus talks to her and says "...you weren't in the Order then." Considering she was pregnant through much of it and homeschooling (according to an interview with JKR I think) all those young children and nursing babies, I doubt she did any fighting. She may have killed others during the second war, or during the final battle before she comes upon Bellatrix, but I really don't think she would have killed anyone in the First War. That doesn't make it fact, but it does seem unlikely to me with the way Remus is talking to her during the Boggart scene. It's there at the end of the chapter "The Woes of Mrs. Weasley" (one of my favorite scenes of all the series. )

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Attending a Deathday Party
    Thanks so much. I didn't remember that bit from the Boggart scene involving Remus, but it does support the idea that she likely hadn't killed anyone before the final battle, Bellatrix possibly being the first. Thanks again for the helpful info!

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    Personally, I don't think that Molly was heavily involved in the first war. The size of her family precludes it.

Bill was born in 1970 and Ginny in 1981. Ginny was less than three months old when Harry's parents were killed and Voldemort vanished. She'd been through six pregnancies in eleven hears and while I'm well aware that pregnant ladies are very capable, the size of her brood, and their ages, precludes much involvement.

I don't think that she killed anyone other than Bellatrix, and I think that was a moment of rage and terror.

-N-

First Competition Banner I've won. For: Killers

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Attending a Deathday Party
    That's what I think, too, Neil. Just making sure there wasn't some bit of canon I'd forgotten. Thanks.