Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Molly Weasley

Hybrid View

red haired mom

Molly Weasley

I usually have no problem writing Molly, but I have run into a problem. I know she is very protective of her children, and she is as involved in their lives as they allow. My main question is what would she threaten Harry with if he touched Ginny inappropriately? My fic is rated 3rd to 5th years, so I have a bit of leeway, but not much. This fic is book 7 disregarded, so I can't use anything about how she dealt with Bella. (though it has already been suggested in PM)

~Wendy

Pheonix Tears

Molly

For me, I think Molly adores Harry as much as she loves the other Weasley's. So I think she'd react the same way as if she found any other children doing it - at first I think anger but then she'd come around to accepting that they were growing up after all.

In all I think how inappropriately Harry touched Ginny would come into it. If Molly knew they were in love, then I think she'd accept it. If however, she thought it was just teenage boy hormones then she'd have no problem, I think, in having a go at both parties.

Didn't Arthur and Molly marry young? Hmmm. . . I will go away and have a think.

Hope I added something of interest.

I'm now wanting to know what everyone else thinks!

Elle

red haired mom
    I feel I must be a little more specific in what I was asking this time.

Harry and Ginny will be spending a lot of time together alone... Molly is warning them, especially Harry, on the way to behave.

I do like the thoughts Elle mentioned, but I need something a bit more specific than generalizations.

Thanks for the thoughts though.

Any other suggestions?

~Wendy

Chaser921
    I think she should stress how disappointed she and Arthur will be if she finds out that anything inappropriate has happened. Her opinion is incredibly important to Harry, as she's the closest thing to a mother he's ever had, and I think she knows that.

As to his punishment...maybe a spell that would prevent him from touching Ginny in any way, shape or form until she decides to lift it? Like a magical barrier or something.

I also think that, after warning Harry, she should go to Ginny and be like, "Now, don't be afraid to come to me if anything DOES happen, though it had better not, and be careful." I don't think she should pass out condoms or contraception spells, but I think she should emphasize the "be careful" aspect very much. In this separate talk to Ginny, she should probably try to scare Ginny a bit about what it would be like if she had a baby.

cmwinters
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheonix Tears
    For me, I think Molly adores Harry as much as she loves the other Weasley's. So I think she'd react the same way as if she found any other children doing it - at first I think anger but then she'd come around to accepting that they were growing up after all.
    I mostly agree with this except for where she seems to favour Harry over Ron and the twins rather obviously.

Granted, his "being the Boy-Who-Lived" (and might I add, Harry had NOTHING to do with that) more or less gave her children a safe world to grow up in, so I can sort of understand it, but I think she'd be more likely to berate Ginny than Harry.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheonix Tears
    Didn't Arthur and Molly marry young? Hmmm. . . I will go away and have a think.
    Yes, they eloped. This is discussed in Half-Blood Prince when Molly's saying that Bill and Fleur are "too young" to get married. (Bill at the time was 25.)

ilovefredandgeorge
    I don't think Molly favors Harry over her own children. She just knows that he's in a lot more danger than everyone else and he doesn't have parents to look out for him. She may seem to scold her own children and not Harry, but he is not her son, so she cannot really discipline him. It wouldn't be in her character to punish him. She would probably just go out of her way to keep them apart, kind of like what she did in DH with the Harry, Ron and Hermione.

Mistletoe
    Quote Originally Posted by red haired mom
    Any other suggestions?

~Wendy
    She would definitly berate Ginny for allowing Harry to do such a thing to her in the first place. Ginny is Molly's one and only daughter, so she holds a very special place in her heart. She would definitely give most of the yelling to Ginny, and then maybe tell Arthur to have a sit down with Harry, or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by cmwinters
    I mostly agree with this except for where she seems to favour Harry over Ron and the twins rather obviously.
    I must disagree with that as well. Molly doesn't necessarily favour him. She may love him like her own children, but she definitely does not love him more. She pities him, per se, because he never had a mother to love him and she is more than willing to take the position. But her children are her children, and she wouldn't ever put another boy above that love.

red haired mom
    Okay, how's this...

Harry and Ginny will be spending time alone at the house in Godric's Hollow...
    Harry looks to Mrs. Weasley who has made several comments on the fact that they will be alone. "Mrs. Weasley, you know I wouldn't do anything to Ginny. I love her, and I promise to treat her as if you were standing right there." Harry held his hands out to his sides to indicate no touching.

"I believe you dear," Molly said as she laid her hand on Harry's cheek, "I just want you to know I have a spell that will show me everywhere your hands have been on my daughter when you bring her home in the evenings." Ignoring the shocked look on both of their faces, she continued, "It doesn't matter what cleaning spells you use either, I can still see where your hands have been."

Harry and Ginny had known Molly was a great witch, she had been part of the Order after all, but to know something like that amazed them.
    That is something I've been working on, but I'm still not sure if it would come across the right way.

In this story, Molly doesn't kill Bella, but she is part of the final confrontation with Voldemort.

If this doesn't seem to work, let me know what you think will.

Thanks so much all of you who have helped so far. I will definitely give credit in the A/N for the chapter this goes in.
    ~Wendy

Sunny_Rainbow

Mrs. Weasley Characterization

For a fanfic I'm working on I need to get Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny alone in a beach house for the summer. It needs to happen or my plot alters. The trio is 19 in the fic and Ginny is 18. I need a way to keep Mrs. Weasley in character but get her to let them spend the summer together. Please help me!

Inverarity
    If Ginny is 18 and Ron is 19, they are legally adults, and they don't need their mother's permission. Of course, that doesn't mean that Molly's disapproval wouldn't bother them, but I think Ron and Ginny together are capable of standing up to their mother.

If they are all engaged by then, then even more so.

If you really want them to be afraid of their mother's disapproval, though, you could have them promise that the boys and girls will be sleeping in separate rooms. Does Molly really think that 18- and 19-year-olds need chaperones?

Incidentally, it's fanon that Molly would freak out at the idea of her adult children having sex before marriage. We don't really know from the books just how much of a prude she is. We do get the impression that she's a very "involved" mother, and she's certainly protective of Ginny, but that doesn't necessarily mean she expects them to remain virgins until their wedding day.