Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Badgers make the best beaters...

LilykinsLove

Badgers make the best beaters...

Okay, so, your captain is a bit silly in the head and not fully capable of making creative thread names... but it's the thought that counts, right? ^.^`

Our Team:
    LilykinsLove (Emma) (Me!)
    whomovedmyquil (ashley)
    tha_looney_one (alex)
    Love_Is_4ever (samarie)

Our not-in-cement- posting order:
    Emma
    Samarie
    Ashley
    Alex

I know posting orders make things easier, but... if you've got this great bit spark of ideas and such, and as long as you haven't just posted, then go right ahead! PLEASE don't let someone else's turn stop you! Just make sure that they're not posting at the same time that you are. o.O that would be bad.

I think that we need a few brain-storming days. *nods* I would like all of you to post in here with your ideas for the next- uhm, until Saturday.

Here's out prompt:
    ďSomethingís Not Right Here.Ē

It was supposed to be your typical Quidditch Match, but soon after the balls are released it becomes clear that something is not right; things arenít going the way they should be and itís to the detriment of your team. Believing that the other team is cheating, and finding that the referees are of no help, your team must discover whatís wrong and fix it, all while still playing a Quidditch Match. Can your team figure out the mystery before itís too late?

For this challenge we want to see a Quidditch filled Mystery Match. The mystery can be anything of your choosing. The Match can set in any era and at any level of Quidditch you choose (Hogwarts, professional, etc.). For this challenge you will be limited to one time-out. Part of this challenge is solving the mystery while the game is still going on around you.
    WoW! We've got quite the challenge!

I'm EXTREMELY excited, guys, so lets get started!

Emma

tha_looney_one
    I just sort of poked in here to make sure I wasn't missing anything, and OMG, here's the challenge!!!! Of course, I have never written mystery before.

Anyway, I think that we need to stray away from enchanted bludgers- that was used in CoS. I think that we should use the snitch or the Quaffle, because both might be a little difficult.

Actually, I like the snitch more, cause I *suddenly* had this idea that if we did snitch, we could have it slow down for the other seeker, who is so incopetent that we are able to solve the mystery and WIN!!

Sorry... sugar high!!

Well, lets have a GREAT season and maybe even *coughwincough*.

Ta Ta

Love_is_4ever
    Okay, I learnt by way of my sister that the Prompt for the QWC had been put up...

So sorry I hadn't come sooner, although it doesn't seem anyone has come besides tha_looney_one.

So, inspiration!

Level of Quidditch ->
    Era -> what do you guys think of future-gen? Although it doesn't have to be the Potter/Weasley kids...

I was thinking, maybe having all the balls acting strangely... They're acting unnaturally, and they're trying to attack the teams, although it is clear they have a fixation on our team rather than the other one... Also, I like Alex's idea of the snitch. Maybe slowing down when left alone, but speding off when our seeker's near to it.

Okay, I'm out of ideas for now...

Go Puffs!

~ Samarie

whomovedmyquil
    GAH! Just found out the prompt was up... whoops.

Anyways, my two cents:

In my humble opinion, I think it might be best to have something besides the balls acting strangely. I'm sure malfunctiond-balls *giggle* will be quite a popular choice among teams, so I think we should go for originality. Perhaps we could have the goals moving just a few inches (nothing obvious) whenever a Chaser tries to score, or perhaps their broomstcks could be... er, special? Or we could go for something as simple as the players of the opposite team cheating and just not being fouled.

About Era: future-gen might be fun, but i think we should discuss other Era's as well, just to be nice and informed. And just the for kicks, here are some other common Era's:

Future Gen: LOTS of potential. We'd have very free-reign over characters and characterization.

Marauder Era: Almost as much character/characterization freedon as future-gen. If we're going with a Hogwarts-level game, I'd say either of these two era's would be our best shot, as we know enough about them not to spend the entire story introducing everyone and everything, but not enough that the story would be a tad boring.

Historical: EVEN more freedom with characters than the previous two, but so little is known about this era, we'd spend alot of the story on introductions. Still, could be interesting

Present time: I suppose this could technically be from DH's closing to the Epilogue's time, depending on what you consider "present time". It could be a Holy-Head Harpies game Ginny's playing in or even just a pick-up game the Weasley's and Harry play (perhaps Percy and Hermion could be our reffs ).

Oooh! Plotbunny inspired by that last era: Perhaps, as a way to cheer George up, or just get him out of the house, the Weasley, and Harry convince him to play a game of Quidditch with some balls they found in the back. After much investigation (while still playing of course), it could turn out the balls were enchanted by Fred before he died as part of their "Queer Quidditch" line. Might be some good closure for poor George and the other Weasleys. I kinda like the idea, so kill please.

So, yeah, my humble two-cents turned into about fifty.

Ashley

LilykinsLove

mmmhhhmmmmm.... soo.....

Looks like we've got a great thing going! I'm -super- excited.

((I feel like I'm a cheerleader.)) ---^

GO TEAM!

So, anyhoo...

Things I have liked in the posts:

Actually, I like the snitch more, cause I *suddenly* had this idea that if we did snitch, we could have it slow down for the other seeker, who is so incopetent that we are able to solve the mystery and WIN!!
    -- Alex

Era -> what do you guys think of future-gen? Although it doesn't have to be the Potter/Weasley kids...
    I was thinking, maybe having all the balls acting strangely... They're acting unnaturally, and they're trying to attack the teams, although it is clear they have a fixation on our team rather than the other one...
    --Samarie

Perhaps we could have the goals moving just a few inches (nothing obvious) whenever a Chaser tries to score
    Present time: I suppose this could technically be from DH's closing to the Epilogue's time, depending on what you consider "present time". It could be a Holy-Head Harpies game Ginny's playing in or even just a pick-up game the Weasley's and Harry play (perhaps Percy and Hermion could be our reffs ).
    --Ashley
    So: Questions:

Do you want a team banner? And if so, from whom?:
    What generation would YOU like this to be in?:
    Hurdles you would like to see us overcome:

whomovedmyquil
    Emma's Lovely Questions:

Do you want a team banner? And if so, from whom?: One might be nice, but I don't think we NEED one. Social Loner is mighty talented, though.
    What generation would YOU like this to be in?: I think present time might be good. My only concern about the other generations is all the time we would need to spend devoloping characters.
    Hurdles you would like to see us overcome: Cliches. And um... slow-moving-ness??

And just quick questions for Emma: would you like us all to submit a prompt perhaps? It might make it a little easier to chose our Era, characters, setting, etc., that way.

Ashley

LilykinsLove
    And just quick questions for Emma: would you like us all to submit a prompt perhaps? It might make it a little easier to chose our Era, characters, setting, etc., that way

that sounds great, actually! We do need to start moving along...

LilykinsLove
    Double-posting to announce...

It's now the fifteenth, and the rest of the month will fly by and astound us. We need to start writing ASAP. I'm about to PM you all just in case you've forgotten to check this thread- but as soon as I do, and as soon as you all answer the last form I gave you: (I know you're incredibly sick of my forms. ^.^)

Do you want a team banner? And if so, from whom?:
    What generation would YOU like this to be in?:
    Hurdles you would like to see us overcome:
    And possibly submit your own prompt (see my last post) we'll get started. ASAP.

emma

tha_looney_one
    GAH!!!

We need to get on track.

OK, team banner- definatly!!! [as long as you guys can teach me how to display it]

Gen- I really like Ashley's idea of cheering up George [huggles fred and george]. I also like the goalpost thing. [ok, I'm adopting that idea. Please, can we do it, Emma?? PLease?]

Hurdles- pretty much the same as Ashley- also I would like to see George happy by the end. I hate it when George starts sad and ends sad.

OK- I love Ash's [I'm gonna call you that from now on whomovedmyquill. You are officially dubbed Ash, reagrdless of any objections you might have.] idea, so I'm gonna steal it. Here be my prompt:

"I am so sick of George moping around the house, not doing anything," groaned Ron for the 50 somethingth time. "You can practically eat a meal without turning into one animal or another."

"Well, what can cheer him up? He loves Quiditch, right? Maybe we could lure him out. I found a set of balls lying around the field over there." Hermione always was the let's-look-at-this-logically one.

"Hmmmm..." Harry mused, "I wouldn't trust anything you find around here, especially since its become the WWW warehouse. Then again, it might be just the thing to cheer him up."

Ron interupted: "If there's even a possibility of cheering him up, I'll take it. Now how should we get him out there?"
    Sorry if I'm not allowed to steal an idea, but I luv it *huggles*

ALrighty... come on puffies!! Lets coughwincough!!!!

Ta Ta

EDIT: Yes, sammie, lets do that!! I think that we could have angsty!George think that the others are cheating and that makes him sadder for a little while before he gats HAPPY!!!!!!

Love_is_4ever

I Agree...

I agree with Alex, but with a litte twist. I think we should go with "Cheer up George" AND "Moving Goal Posts", because we need something strange happening. The prompt says we are supposed to think the other team is cheating, so how can we get around that? See, that is why I thought it should be a game at school or professional. But that's my humble opinion.

As for a banner, definitely! Maybe Colores or Social Loner can make it? I would help you with how to put it in your sig, Alex.

A hurdle I would like us to overcome -> the sloooowness we've had! I include myself in it!

~ Samarie