Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Neville Longbottom

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Why was it that you think Neville quit his career as an Auror? Do you think he never really intended to be an Auror forever and took the job just until the Ministry was sorted out. Do you think in the event of a great emergancy, he would be invited back to serve under the Auror Office once again.

J.K. told us the Neville and Hannah got married, but she never mentioned any children between them, the way she did with Luna and Rolf. Do think they ever did have any children, or that they were just content to be one of those childless couples. With all the children running through the school, they might already feel like they have one of the largest families in England.

Or would they want to add to that large family with some miniture Nevilles and Hannahs?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

cmwinters
    Quote Originally Posted by OliveOil_Med
    Why was it that you think Neville quit his career as an Auror? Do you think he never really intended to be an Auror forever and took the job just until the Ministry was sorted out. Do you think in the event of a great emergancy, he would be invited back to serve under the Auror Office once again.
    I think he probably considered serving in Shacklebolt's Ministry as part of his continuing duties to the Wizarding World, but I don't think that Neville himself ever really wanted to be an Auror. He had the experience, and the knowledge, and he's got a sense of duty and honor a mile wide. If someone told him the Wizarding World needed him to do something and he could at all believe it, he'd do it even if he hated every second of it, because that's just how Neville is.

In the event of an emergency his expertise would probably be called upon, but it would have to be severe enough to pull him from his quite important duties at Hogwarts.
    J.K. told us the Neville and Hannah got married, but she never mentioned any children between them, the way she did with Luna and Rolf. Do think they ever did have any children, or that they were just content to be one of those childless couples. With all the children running through the school, they might already feel like they have one of the largest families in England.

Or would they want to add to that large family with some miniture Nevilles and Hannahs?
    I think that as a pureblood with a long and distinguished genealogy, Neville would be feeling the pressure to have children. I think he would also want to have children to pay tribute to his own parents (aside from any familial pressure as a pureblood).

Frankly, I think Neville would be an awesome father, and a fantastic grandfather. So yes, I think they had kids.

padfoot_returns
    On his career: I think he only took the job with Harry and Ron because after the Battle, a lot of Aurors were needed to clean up the Ministry and catch all the remaining Death Eaters and such things. When everything was set and no extra help was needed, he became a teacher at Hogwarts.

On him having kids: Well, I think Neville would be the kind of person who would've been an excellent father. I think he definitely love children and would want a lot of kids.

xxRiham

Third Year Slytherin
    Bumper Cars in Gringotts
    I imagine Neville with maybe three or four kids. I lean towards three because I feel that's more realistic.

Smiles,
    Luna

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    Does Neville reall express an explicit dislike for writing in any of the books? I know that Neville would probably never be the type to write a giant tome textbook, but if he never really hated writing itself, he may write articles every now and again, maybe even a shorter book with lots of pictures as a very long-term project.

But in what other ways to see Neville as contributing to the academic world. I think he would want to have something out there for his students to read and be able to learn from. Of course, if he really hated the Herbology text he used as a student, he may come up with his own readings that he thought would be useful to them.

None the less, I feel like Neville would be the type of teacher who would want his students theto get as much out of Herbolgy as they possibly. I have a feeling he would be able to to do whatever it takes to reach a student.

Bine: Next time, please edit your first post instead of double posting.

Brand New Story!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Victoire
    posted by: OliveOil_Med
    Does Neville really express an explicit dislike for writing in any of the books?
    I dont recall him ever expressing an extreme dislike for writing, I dont think it would have bothered him much. I see him as neither hating it or loving it.

posted by: OliveOil_Med
    But in what other ways to see Neville as contributing to the academic world.
    I kind of see him writing a book, of his findings and experiences with different plants.

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    I have some more topics to bring up about Neville.

What do you think first: Neville's career as a techer or his marriage to Hannah?

When do you think he and Hannah first began to see eachother as a couple? Do you think it was while they were still in school (we still don't really know what all happened during his seventh year) or after they graduated?

Is there any part of the world you feel like Neville wouls especially like studying Herbology? It stands to reason that he would take some time to study the plants of the world.

Brand New Story!

ElectronicQuillster
    I know this was a bit farther up in the page, but I wanted to put in my two cents in relation to Neville and Hannah having children. Just because JKR didn't tell us that they did doesn't mean that they didn't. The world Jo created is SO massive that she can't possibly tell us everything about every character's future after the books. That's just a freaking huge amount of information. Besides, I like it better that we don't know. It gives us more freedom to play around with as fanfic writers.

Now are you asking what we think came first or what is Neville's first priority? As to which came first, I don't know of any 'canon' information about it, and so that's really something you could decide for yourself. As to which is Neville's first priority, I would say his marriage over his job. Neville is such a strong, caring person that I that I think he would be a very devoted husband.

And, also, is there any part of the world in which Neville WOULDN'T want to study herbology? I think he'd probably be keenly interested in places like the Amazon jungle or lush green places like China where there are still vast wildernesses of uninhabited - or at least un urbanized - land. I think most definitely the Amazon rainforests, though. I think I've heard in science classes that the Amazon has more plants and species in its environment than any other environment in the world? I imagine Neville would make a point of going somewhere for a few weeks each summer during his holidays from Hogwarts to study and also get away and relax with his wife.

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    But what I'm trying to figure out is when Hannah and Neville became a couple. Do you think it got a start while their were fighting evil all through their seventh year, or was it just beginning at that moment when Neville was sittle at the table and all his little Hufflepuff groupies came out?

Or even after their gradation even. I know Neville spent a year as a suror, so lifr would have been a bit hecktic for him for a while, and for Hannah too, taking over the Leaky Cauldron. Do you see the two of them getting married some time after the rest of the gang?

I see it as going:
    Draco Astoria
    Harry/Ginny
    Ron/Hermione
    Draco Astoria
    Neville/Hannah
    Rolf/Luna

But I woulf like to see some actual years attacked to this.

Brand New Story!

Inverarity
    But I woulf like to see some actual years attacked to this.
    The problem is, Rowling hasn't given us any actual years, so any scenario from "They got married the day after the Battle of Hogwarts" to "They bumped into each other eighteen years later, had coffee, fell in love, and were newlyweds the year Albus and Rose went off to Hogwarts" is possible.

The only way to answer this question is to write the story yourself.

(Personally, I'd have their relationship begin during their seventh year, and the terrible ordeals they suffered together under the Carrows. But how fast it progressed that year, and how long it took afterwards before they became a married couple, is very much going to be a matter of taste.)