Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Neville Longbottom

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    McGonagall Likes My Quidditch Skills
    Quote Originally Posted by Inverarity
    (Personally, I'd have their relationship begin during their seventh year, and the terrible ordeals they suffered together under the Carrows...)
    Hannah left Hogwarts in sixth year after her mother died. And I thought she was among the ones who did not return for their seventh year. She did however come back on May 2nd for the Battle of Hogwarts.

Maybe you could have her working along with the others in the post-war restructuring and clean up. You could have the two of them come in a very casual contact while helping out in their own way that summer. And then let the casual relationship develop.

I see them getting married some after the rest of the gang too. (But maybe Draco/Astoria would be more suitable in the third placement. Just my fantasy )

Also, you say life would be hectic for them for a year or two. Yet, when we talk about Hannah taking over the Leaky Cauldron, I imagine that happening later in her life for instance. Perhaps her father owned it for some years after the War and then she takes over.

Is there any part of the world you feel like Neville would especially like studying Herbology?

In my story I had him take a trip to Assyria. That's where he got his Mimbulus Mimbletonia from. You could have him go there.

Does Neville really express an explicit dislike for writing in any of the books?

I see Neville as some one who wouldn't use much of any of the books in the classroom. You know like a professor who just asks the students to put away the books, and learn through the practical aspects of Herbology. His findings could be published in some Herbology journal or refered to on the Wireless, but he probably won't write a book. But thats just my take.

Like Inverarity said though, you've a free rein over the actual years. Over how many years are you actually planning your story? Generally speaking, Jo has given us, (till yet, I hope ) very few Neville details to be going on with for 19 years.

Can we just have the Encyclopedia already.

-Akay

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    It seems to be a general consensis that Hannah and Neville would want to have children, but at what point in their lives do you think this would happen? I think they would be more late-in-life children like Luna had. I just can't see them having their first-born at the same time that James and Albus were born, though.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    McGonagall Likes My Quidditch Skills
    There is no canonical evidence that Luna had children late in life, is there?

But yeah, you're probably right about Neville and Hannah having children later in life.

I just can't see them having their first-born at the same time that James and Albus were born, though.
    So, true. As to the question, when they will have kids, so much depends on your portrayal of Neville and when in your story he starts working at Hogwarts. If for instance, you show him as a Professor around the time he is thirty, perhaps he could have a toddler by then.

Again, lots of free rein for you until Jo decides to part some details. If the children issue has a direct implicaton on your story, I think it'd be better that you tell us A. and B. is happening at some point in your story, would Neville have kids at this point.

I tried to be of help.

- Akay

"Same story, different versions, and all are true."
    - Tia Dalma, Pirates of the Caribbean II

Lovely banner by ze bean and avatar from the brilliant
    LJ home of mrserinreynolds

deviantART page here

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by Padfoot Patronus
    Hannah left Hogwarts in sixth year after her mother died. And I thought she was among the ones who did not return for their seventh year. She did however come back on May 2nd for the Battle of Hogwarts
    Hannah had to come back for the seventh year. Attendance was compulsory for every witch and wizard (unless they were Muggleborn and sent to Azkaban) so she wouldn't have been excused the seventh year.

There is no canonical evidence that Luna had children late in life, is there?
    Yes, if you count JK Rowling interviews as canon. She said that Luna got married later in life and so her children were born later. Personally I think this fits with Luna because she's very independent and doesn't need either a 'fella' or even friends to validate her existence. Although, I'll admit she prizes her friends above all else.

Okay back to Neville

I doubt Hannah would take over the Leaky Cauldron straight away. She would have to work there first as a barmaid, get training etc etc. I imagine her becoming Landlady when she's around 25. Neville will be doing his Auror thing and then out researching Herbology before being offered the Herbology position.
    I've always imagined Neville and Hannah getting together about two years after the battle - a chance meeting somewhere, but taking a long time to get round to marriage and children. That's pure speculation though.

Quote Originally Posted by Olive Oil Med
    Neville was sittle at the table and all his little Hufflepuff groupies came out?
    OY! where does it say they were Hufflepuff groupies? It actually just says a 'knot of fervent admirers'. They could equally have been 'Claws or Gryffs. . We don't know what table he was sitting at because the tables were all muddled up.

Carole *grumples to self at slur on Hufflepuff girlies*
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

leahsm2
    I think they got to talking during some random Hogsmeade Saturday (in their adulthood) and it spiralled into a relationship. The time they had in common would be an interesting side bar, but not really why they ended up together. It was more of a right place at the right time sort of thing, in my opinion.

Third Year Slytherin
    Bumper Cars in Gringotts

Talking Favourite Food

Any ideas what Neville's favourite dish might be? It can be entree, dessert, homemade, takeout, or store-bought.

(For a Christmas-time story.)

Smiles,
    Luna

TheCursedQuill
    I think something very traditional and easy. Something his Gran would make often while he was at home.

Maybe something like a meatloaf? Black pudding?

Maybe a Shepards Pie, though I don't know how big that is in Britain...

padfoot_returns
    Yup. I was going to say pie, too. He does seem like the sweet type that is very home-y and gets a pie for every time he does something good. He's lived with his grandmother his whole life and all grandmas seem to love and make pie for their grandchildren

xxRiham

Bine: 1 point from Hufflepuff. Please read the rules on changing font, size and colour just because.

Queen of Foals Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Where are you Wetherby?

Patronus

I was wondering if we know what Neville's Patronus is. There was a thread in the Reference Desk about Patronuses (Patronuses?) but it's closed. I don't have my HP books with me at the moment *wipes away tear* and I couldn't find anything on the HP encyclopedia and the Lexicon.

I know we see his Patronus in Deathly Hallows when Luna, Ernie and Neville save the Trio on their way to the Shrieking Shack during the battle. Does Jo describe what his Patronus actually is though? I'm writing a one-shot where Neville has flash-backs to the final battle and I wanted to mention his Patronus...

If anyone knows I would be really grateful and if anyone has the actual passage from DH which I'm referring to handy then that would be great as well!

If we don't know what his Patronus is then what sort of animal do you think it would be?

Lovely banner by Minna! Icon from toreadabook on lj.

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Protecting Scabbers from Crookshanks
    Uhm...Julia, it was actually Luna (hare), Ernie (boar) and Seamus (fox), not Neville. I don't think his Patronus is ever mentioned in the books (correct me if I am wrong), but seeing as how quite and even controlled he turns out to be, it would be an animal which symbolize such character. Maybe a horse?
    ]

Banner by BELLA THE HELLA. <3