Thread: The Wizarding Equivalent of Paramedic team(s)

AurorGirl101

The Wizarding Equivalent of Paramedic team(s) Lock!

So, this is my newest plotbunny.

I was wondering where fellow Fanfiction authors stood on the idea of a wizarding equivalent of an Emergency Medical Team, or paramedics. Would it be a fanon idea? Would there even be a need for such a thing in the Wizarding world? What sort of training would be involved?

I just want to get a little feedback on the idea before I start to flesh it out more.

Thanks!

~AurorGirl101

Fifth Year Hufflepuff
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    I think the closest thing in the wizarding world would probably be the accidental magical reversal squad. thats all the comes to mind, at any rate. I havnt the faintest idea what sort of training they would need though, except maybe the sort of training healers have to do. sorry i can't be much help there, love, but i hope i helped a bit at least. Good luck with your new bunny!

~nikki
    "Through literacy you can begin to see the universe.
    Through music you can reach anybody.
    Between the two there is you, unstoppable."

--grace slick
    avvie: julia/the_opaleye

jenny b
    I think that there might be a team of select Healers, who could go to accidents and things, but most adult wizards and witches can apparate, so I don't think it would be necessary. I mean, usually, if something happens, there would be other people around, right?

But there still could be some paramedic quite people who come to accidents. I'd imagine them to have Healer-type training, but with maybe a bit of an emphasis on reacting quickly under pressure or something.

SeanDKnight
    jenny b happened to hit the nail on the head "most adult wizards and witches can apparate." Even, let's say, if witch/wizard were incapacited the first people to respond would either be the Auror, someone from the Magical Law Enforcement Squad, and/or the Accidental Magic Reversal Department who, in turn, would be able to apparate the wounded person themselves.

The only times I could see such a unit being needed would be if the person would die while being apparated, such as some delayed spell that would activate upon being apparated or some such thing. Another reason would be if the people responding were under constant attack and would not have enough time to apparate out there with the victim. This would definately justify the need for such a unit.

Its a good idea though but it would be difficult to bring about.

Snape's Talon
    The only times I could see such a unit being needed would be if the person would die while being apparated, such as some delayed spell that would activate upon being apparated or some such thing. Another reason would be if the people responding were under constant attack and would not have enough time to apparate out there with the victim. This would definately justify the need for such a unit.
    That actually sounds very good and reminds me of how the military sets up special forces. I can see a small unit consisting of perhaps two Aurors, someone from the Accidental Magic Reversal Department and perhaps a medic.

Or, if there simply wasn't enough resources (I'm thinking wide spread attacks), perhaps only medics where it's safe while the Aurors are chasing down bad guys?

Noel Weasley
    I believe that there would be some kind of paramedic team squad thing because, well, what if someone is seriously hurt and there's not many people around and you can't really risk moving the person. A emergency squad would be there in an instant and would set everything right. So, yes, I believe that there HAS to be a Emergency Medical Team somewhere.

Hope I helped!

~Lindsay

AurorGirl101
    Thanks for all the feedback, guys! I think I'm going to try it out and see how it goes. I really appreciate your time! If anyone else has a comment(s), pleae feel free to post or PM me.

MODS CAN LOCK!