Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kid's Magic

MaiaMadness
    What about in Deathly Hallows? Spoilers below!

In Deathly Hallows Lily flies through the air when she jumps off the swing and shows Petunia how she can make a flower open and close itself at will. That she does on purpose. And that's definitely canon, and although Lily was remarkably clever, probably not that unusual.

I don't think it would be so strange if the kid even does it on purpose. If he's as old as 10, he's probably done accidental magic before now.

Love_is_4ever
    Quote Originally Posted by MaiaMadness
    In Deathly Hallows Lily flies through the air when she jumps off the swing and shows Petunia how she can make a flower open and close itself at will. That she does on purpose. And that's definitely canon, and although Lily was remarkably clever, probably not that unusual.

I don't think it would be so strange if the kid even does it on purpose. If he's as old as 10, he's probably done accidental magic before now.
    There's some reason there... Now even I am confused. :S

Lily was about 10 when that happened.. One question, does he know he's a wizard? In other words, does he come from a family of wizards?

~ Samarie

cmwinters
    Quote Originally Posted by MaiaMadness

You have a good point, but she was also VERY gifted in Charms. This could just be a manifestation of that.

Also, bear in mind Snape grew up knowing he was a wizard, but (to me) seemed frightened when he made that branch fall on Petunia's head

MaiaMadness
    Well, that may not have been intentional. It might be that he too could to a certain extent harness a little bit of magic.

Anyway, the question was not whether the kid would have been able to do it on purpose, but whether he could have done it accidetally, and of that I at least am completely certain, with everything we know about accidental magic.