Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator: The Sequel

rita_skeeter
    Poppy - This simply means the chapters are in queue and have not yet been validated; meaning you cannot view them yet. Keep an eye out and you should either be able to view the chapters in the next couple of days, or they will disappear if they're rejected.

Lily_greeneyes - I'm sorry, but I really don't know what's wrong. I'll talk to one of our Admins and try to sort it.

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    Looking for Nicholas Flamel

Um... wow, this is really really weird. It says that I have 65530 unread PMs, and I find that strange, as it can only hold 50.... What's going on?

GORGEOUS banner by Kat/Mistletoe! Thank you so much!
    Icon by me [disillusion_row on livejournal].

little_kitty
    Lily_evans34, I think it's just a glitch. That happened to me as well, and to a few other people. As long as you can read your PMs, it should be okay.

--Little Kitty

Crazy Inferi
    So i sent a PM to Harry Potter asking for the sorting quiz and to be sorted. Nothing happened. What do I do? Does it take a long time? Should I try again? Help!

little_kitty
    Crazy Inferi, please be patient. Actually, if you read the announcements, the sorting quiz will be temporarily unavailable. Sorry about that.

--Little Kitty

Sassy_Girl2006

Please help!

Hi, I'm new and I'm wondering...well this might sound silly but how am I siupposed to post a fan fiction in this website? I'm really confused.....

Dumbledore Prince
    How do you submit fics to multiple categories?

On the main site, it says that any story submitted to multiple categories ges deleted automatically; and in spite of that, I've seen many stories which have two categories. Does the multiple category rule apply to a few select categories or to every category?

Unregistered

Follow Up Reader Only

Thanks you Rita Skeeter - This is the same message as the New Chapter which appears when you select the new chapter. In that scenario, the story index is available and only the the recently added chapter gives the message. I do like the new feature of showing the chapter when added, its like a movie trailer :-) BUT ... For the 2 stories in my example the entire Story Index has gone away, and on the first example has been gone for over a month.

FYI ... I store the Story Index for what I am reading in my IE favorites. The new feature that automatically puts the Story Title and Author in the Favorite name is a real perk, it goes a long way to show how much thought was put into the last site upgrade. Storing the links this way makes it quick to audit a long list of stories I watch. I really miss the "Story is/is not Complete Message" That used to appear on this screen.

Poppy

ByMerlinsBeard
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassy_Girl2006
    Hi, I'm new and I'm wondering...well this might sound silly but how am I siupposed to post a fan fiction in this website? I'm really confused.....
    Go to the main site (fanfiction.mugglenet.com) and register. After you've registered, Log In. On your account page (which comes up after logging in), you will see a link called "Add New Story." Be sure to read the rules and regulations. Any questions you have while submitting the story will probably already have been answered in this thread or the previous Ask the Moderators thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledore Prince
    How do you submit fics to multiple categories?

On the main site, it says that any story submitted to multiple categories ges deleted automatically; and in spite of that, I've seen many stories which have two categories. Does the multiple category rule apply to a few select categories or to every category?
    It is against Mugglenet Fan Fiction's regulations to submit a fic to more than one category. If you have seen stories in more than one category, the authors did this after their fics went through the queue. I highly recommend not breaking the rules simply because others are, mainly because these authors are likely to get caught eventually.

AlexisTaylor
    About the editing the fiction, that's a weird problem. Get in touch with me personally and I'll see what I can do.

When you can't view the next chapter, it means it's in queue. The chapter title will show up but you will not be able to read it until it's validated.