Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator: The Sequel

hearyoume

My story was featured, but I think I messed it up...

Oh no!! I'm so stupid! My AU story, The Awakening, was one of the three new featured stories today. But I edited the summary, and suddenly, it's not on the featured stories list anymore, and the nifty little blue ribbon is gone ):
    Oops. Can that be fixed?

lainie xox
    Since we have a Banner Maker's Association group, SPEW group, and Susan Bones' Book Club group, can we have a Dean's Corner group? Although this forums is supposed to be about writing, fan art can help promote fan fiction and illustrate them - just like banners. I think there are quite a few people who are interested in that idea.

padfootspride

Stupid Question

I know this mighte be a stupid question but I was wondering, if you get a picture in your siggy for your author's page, how do you get it to automatically link to your page? ARG! I've been trying but no such luck!

Marauder by Midnight
    hearyoume - I'll work on it for you. I'm sure I can get it back up on the featured stories list. [EDIT] actually it's already fixed

lainie xox - You'll need to draft a proposal and present it to MJ or Robin. If you make it convincing enough, you might just get it.

padfootspride - Here's your code:

Code:
    [ur l=link here][img]url to image[/img][/u rl]
    just take out the spaces

lady-rhian
    Hello.

I'm feeling incredibly stupid - confusing rules of various forums I'm on, I accidentally posted a thread asking for fic requests for a particular era in the FictionJunction. I edited the post, asking to lock and grave it. Is it possible for me to delete it or is that a mod-only power?

Thank you!
    -LR

Marauder by Midnight
    Deleting is mod-power I'll delete it.

Cheese.

Evilevergreen
    I'm having a few tecnhical difficulties with my account.

When it comes to my story Brother of My Blood, when I click onto the pages that holds the reviews for it, the 'Respond' button isn't there and the link that takes you back to the story is also missing.

Then when it comes to my story Tulip in the Sand, when I enter the review page there is a link back to the story, but it's wrong. But when I log out and go back to these pages everything looks fine. I'm really confused

G_A_Potter

fic chapter rejection

I have submitted the third chapter on my fic twice. It has dissapeared twice, with absoloutely no explanation. This is irritating, frustrating, not to say extremely rude. I thought the moderator was supposed to at least send a brief explanation. How am I to correct the problem if no one tells me what it is? could someone PLEASE show a little courtesy here?

Do I sound annoyed? Why, as a matter of fact I am! There is no excuse for rudeness like this!

Could whomever the moderator who keeps doing this to Horcruxes and Harry Potter please send me a message of some sort ?

Yours annoyed (and angry at this point) ,

Godric

Marauder by Midnight
    Evilevergreen - That's a weird situation. I honestly don't know what to tell you x_x Hopefully it doesn't happen often. If it doesn't and it's only occassionally, just log in and log out whenever this happens. It may be a coding problem.

G_A_potter - Mods are volunteers who volunteer their days to read stories and validate them. We'd appreciate it if you were more courteous. We DO send letters. We always send letters. If your email provider filters them, then it's not our problem. Find a new email provider. And show courtesy to us.

Evilevergreen
    Quote Originally Posted by Marauder by Midnight
    Evilevergreen - That's a weird situation. I honestly don't know what to tell you x_x Hopefully it doesn't happen often. If it doesn't and it's only occassionally, just log in and log out whenever this happens. It may be a coding problem.

I've been having this problem this the change occured. It's something that can't be fixed my logging off and then back on.