Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator: The Sequel

mugglegurl
    For the one-shot challenge- owls, nightfall00 said that she'd post the results the Friday after the challenge ended. Well, the challenge ended the 19th, so that would make yesterday the Friday after the challenge ended. I keep checking constantly to see if she has posted the results, but I can't find them. I was wondering if she decided to post the results later or something?

Thanks in advance,
    Jordan

RedheadedWeasley

Smile

I know this question has been answered before but it was in one of the previous Q&A threads. How do I make an avatar file smaller? Its a jpeg image right now if that matters. I don't know how to change the image type or what would need to be done. I would appreciate any help. Thanks!

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party

Locking threads

Hi,
    If we've started a help thread in the Hospital Wing and we don't really need it anymore, should we lock it or leave it open for others to discuss the same topic?
    How do we lock it again? Can I leave one last post and put the word "lock" in the title heading? Does that do it?
    Thanks!
    ~Gina

Poultrygeist
    Users are not currently able to edit the titles of their threads. You can put a post in the thread saying "Please lock and grave" or you can PM the moderator of that forum asking them to lock and grave the thread for you. Alternatively, threads that have been idle for a period of time will be automatically pruned.

Scarlet
    I submitted a chapter for my fanfiction a long while ago. I checked regularily (both my e-mail and my account on here) to see if had been accepted or rejected. After two weeks of waiting, the chapter was suddenly gone. I didn't get a rejection e-mail either - no indication that there was something wrong with the chapter.

I posted a question in this thread, explaining my situation, but I saw that it had already been answered. We were told to PM or e-mail a moderator for our story's information. I did that, and the moderator replied telling me that she knows nothing about it, and that I should forward my question to the validator who was responsible for the Draco/Hermione fanfiction. I re-submitted my chapter, and I also pmed the corresponding mod - asking what happened before. It's been a week and I haven't received a reply, nor has my chapter been either rejected or approved.

Could someone please explain to me what else I should do?

songbook99
    Scarlet, I'm not sure if the mod you're saying didn't respond was the other Hermione/Draco mod or not since I did respond to your PM over a week ago. Your chapter is currently in the queue. The date of your submission shows as June 20, 2006, therefore it has not been a week since your submission. Please be patient with the moderating process. Your story will be looked at by this Tuesday.

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Hi,
    Were there problems with the boards yesterday?Or was it just me and my goofy computer? I could not access them all day, all night, on either computer, whether I used Safari, Firefox,Camino or Internet Explorer. This was for Mugglenet, Mugglenet FanFiction and the Beta boards; every other website I went to worked. Both computers are Macs - I am on a Windows computer now - I will check again when I get home but I will be so bummed if something has changed and I can't access these sites from a Mac! If that's the case, and its a problem I need to fix at home, is there a techie who can help me?
    Thanks!
    ~Gina

Poultrygeist
    Yes, there was a period of time when the site was down last night while servers were being updated and backed up. It wasn't just your imagination or your beautiful macintosh computer.

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Poultrygeist
    Yes, there was a period of time when the site was down last night while servers were being updated and backed up. It wasn't just your imagination or your beautiful macintosh computer.
    Thanks. And I'm not sure beautiful is the appropriate word right now, its sort of giving me fits and I think I'll be heading to store this week for a checkup regardless. I love macs, but why can't all we all get along?!
    Okay, I'm going to see if I can go at least two days without asking a question, and leave you in peace for a bit. Thanks again for all of your help!
    <tiptoes away as the mods cheer>
    ~Gina

Scarlet
    Quote Originally Posted by songbook99
    Scarlet, I'm not sure if the mod you're saying didn't respond was the other Hermione/Draco mod or not since I did respond to your PM over a week ago. Your chapter is currently in the queue. The date of your submission shows as June 20, 2006, therefore it has not been a week since your submission. Please be patient with the moderating process. Your story will be looked at by this Tuesday.
    It wasn't you. It was the name of the moderator you gave me. She hasn't replied. I've been patient with the process, yet no one has given me a straight answer as to what happened before.